Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Air suspension hdc issues please help
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Rockportpurple

2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Giverny Green
Air suspension hdc issues please help

Hi all I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on my issues I haven't been on here for a while but read up on things with the ff from time to time I have since got another vogue as well as my RR sport

It is an 03 td6, the issues that were cropping up was abs hdc and air suspension faults I have a modis ultra (snap on) diagnostic and it was flagging up abs sensor front right hand sensor,this was changed after drilling it out and replaced with the another sensor (genuine item from Dan at duckworths) after further investigation the reluctor ring was corroded so this was also replaced with a new complete cv joint

The fault cleared but then returned so further investigation wiring loom to the sensor had continuity so no issues there, so next step was inspect abs module this was opened and found few hair wires broken sent the item away for test too ecu testing who returned the item saying it was beyond repair,so another second hand one was sourced and fitted and coded to the car with autologic

Things were OK for a few days but it reappeared so further test proved steering sensor was faulty giving corrupt degrees
So another one was fitted yesterday calibrated to the car all lights off! Bingo cracked it,,, noooo today the lights returned after a mile of driving hooked up diag and showed three wheel sensors receiving signal front drivers no show on the scope??

Reversed and it showed up drove forward it went away no signal,,live data showed height sensors within voltage parameters and height so tried new battery new alternator as voltages where low,this hasn't changed anything sometimes it's ok for an hr 2miles 30miles stop turn of key it returns,checked all ecu plugs for corrosion under passenger seat,behind battery,nothing

So after many parts being changed I still have the issue it is faulted now with front right abs sensor circuit in the abs and only one other code in the suspension can bus 50

I can clear them but this doesn't clear the lights of the dashboard
If anyone could shed anything i have missed I would really appreciate the help

Thankyou for taking time to read the long essay

Post #428964 23rd Feb 2017 10:34pm
holidaychicken

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

Worth checking your battery and alternator are tip top just to rule them out
Sorry , Scrap that I must have nodded off half way through your post Sad

Post #428986 24th Feb 2017 12:00am
markcartlidge

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

Did you recalibrate the ride hieght after fitting the new sensor?

Post #429010 24th Feb 2017 9:13am
Rockportpurple

2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Giverny Green

Hi guys thankyou for the replies ,yes the ride heights where reset by autologic today I took it to a guy who is very helpful and had the car for the day with autologic and it kept disconnecting connection to the abs module so looks like I'll have to have it sent of again and retested as it was a replacement secondhand from eBay
You get wheel speeds and sensor speeds but then it just cuts out and won't communicate with autologic come to think of it it did the same with my snap on modis ultra but thought that was my equipment
So I'm no further on really after so much being changed and still not got a definite answer to the problem and it has cost a small fortune to replace the bits etc but welcome back to FF ownership lol but when they run great such a great car
Hope someone could shed anymore light on the subject that I have missed

Post #429090 24th Feb 2017 10:37pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1