Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Where do I find these oddments?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Spelunker

England 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver
Where do I find these oddments?

Many years ago you could go to a scrapyard and have a good root around eventually going home with the part that you need plus a pocket full of bolts, clips, screws, rubber bungs etc. In these days of breakers and health & safety I am having difficulty finding certain missing/broken small items that seem specific to the car rather than generally available and I wondered if anybody had any suggestions. I am looking for the rubber bung that plugs the drain hole in the spare wheel well, one of the top bolts that hold the grill and the short bolt to the rear of the drivers door card. I can understand breakers not wanting to bother with requests for small bits like these, but they are the sort of thing that go missing over the years (usually after a visit to the local garage) that are not always easy to replace. QUID FACIUM TIBI
ANTEQUAM ALIIS

2003 TD6 VOGUE Zambezi Silver
tows 2006 Lunar Delta 540/2

Post #429786 2nd Mar 2017 8:41pm
mzplcg

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

Yep, most irritating. I don't think breakers got a sudden outbreak of conscience about H&S though, it seems more like a case of complete greed. I called one for a replacement engine for my old Skoda and they wanted a grand for it just because they removed it from the car. Needless to say I invited them to go forth and fornicate, pointing out that I can get a guaranteed recon one fitted for £1200.

Small parts usually take some finding but it's always worth trying Dan first. Main Dealers tend to carry a lot more of this stuff now, or at least they can order them in. Even when they don't, what they do have is a full TOPiX subsciption which in a lot of cases gives the spec of the part, e.g. M8 bolt, 20mm etc.

Post #429788 2nd Mar 2017 8:51pm
Weegie

Scotland 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

For the rubber bungs search "blind grommets". You can buy them in small packs of 5 or so. Have some I got on line for the same purpose. I should imagine somewhere like Halfrauds would have them.

Motor factors should be a source for them also as well as the other bits. John
2008 Stornoway Grey 3.6 Tdv8 Vogue
2005 TD6 Java Black Vogue - Written off!!
GAP iiD BT
2003 Discovery TD5 Auto, Nanocom Evolution - gone to a new home!
MasseyFerguson 152 - No electronics!! - Sold

Post #429789 2nd Mar 2017 8:52pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1