Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > FUEL INJECTION SYSTEM FAILED 14 TIMES
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Print this entire topic · 
BOBCUSSEN

France 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Java Black

hi guys

thanks again for the info; well hopefully, it is this in tank pump being the culprit, it does seem so and sounds like i could have saved a lot of money so far, if i had known, Censored

the car is in limbo at the moment in between 2 garages, so have to wait until it reaches LR before i can do anything,

keep you posted

bob Thumbs Up

Post #432039 22nd Mar 2017 7:52am
BOBCUSSEN

hi troops

just informing you that i have not forgotten to let you know the outcome of my problems; its simply that LR have not looked yet,**

the car has been delivered by the other garage and is now waiting a diagnostic at LR, the symptoms have been explained in full, aand all i know is it will be looked at sometime this week; !!!!

i am thinking to ask them to either fit or supply another relay,, as i assume things things cant really be tested, other than the suggestion to swap it with the heated rear seat one to test, but that is something i would have to do myself when i get the car back !!

anyway next week i will know more

Bow down bob

Post #432682 26th Mar 2017 8:36am
BOBCUSSEN

hi guys, it only me

well after waiting to get the car delivered to the dealer by the recovery company in LE MANS, they got there on wed 22nd mar and the car war looked at YESTERDAY!!!!

a lesson learnt there, the Censored Censored

the words of the tech is that they have checked the whole fuel delivery system and the fault and only fault shown is that the 'in tank ' pump failure and is not supplying enough pressure to the secondary pump;!!

that is all i know; and due to the vehicle being some 300km away from me; i have left it with them to replace it; not wanting to chance the trip down with a full tank as suggested, 780euro Diagnostic plus pump Censored

Bow down bob

Post #433789 4th Apr 2017 7:46am
Discotigger

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Orkney Grey

Sorry to hear it's gonna cost 780 euros Shocked Big Cry , but they will probably be replacing the whole fuel sender unit rather than just the little pump inside it.
Most garages will not bother to take the unit apart as LR will state that it's not a 'serviceable item' and just replace rather than repair.

Should fix the problem once and for all though. Thumbs Up

Post #433808 4th Apr 2017 11:51am
BOBCUSSEN

hi mate

well to be honest, i was going to go and pick it up if they had not done the diagnostic by monday ; as they had the car for so long but it would just be my luck that i would have had problems on the way back so didnt risk it

i hope it is the cause after all this; the fact that air bubbles appear in the line up by the filter just before it stops; is caused by the in tank pump stopping ? or is it because the secondary pump runs dry ? or niether!! Embarassed Embarassed

the dealer that changed the secondary pump by mistake actually cost me nearly 1300 euro for nothing, i paid 300 to get the car to them, then paid 430 for the work and another 537 to get it to the next garage when it broke down again; so an expensive excercise; !!

bob

Post #433823 4th Apr 2017 3:11pm
BOBCUSSEN

hi guys

its only me;

well after a 700KM round trip; i have collected the car without any further problems

the TECH explained that the ' in tank ' pump was showing no pressure to the secondary pump; its all easier to understand now i know the limitations of the secondary pump, and at what stage the in tank pump cuts in to assist etc;

but all done now thank christ;

my beloved range first broke down on the 11th march some 350km from home, ended up 480km from home in garage number one, Evil or Very Mad then got lifted to garage no two; ( dealer ), who incorrectly diagnosed the fault, Censored Censored which resulted in another breakdown on the way home; Censored Censored Censored then got lifted to garage no three, where it sat for 2 weeks before it was even diagnosed, Rolling Eyes Censored Censored and finally collected today, Very Happy at a total Censored cost of 2547 Censored euro;

the worst of it is 1300 of that was due to the Censored up at garage number two,who refuse to give any refund for changing the wrong pump !!

so all in a birthday weekend i wish to forget;

thanks to you all for your help advice and interest in this post, Bow down Bow down Bow down as usual, you are always quick to respond, and in general, it is a super forum, and the bet thing i done, second to buying the car, which despite the expense, would not change it for the world;

thanks guys Thumbs Up

Post #434209 7th Apr 2017 7:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234