Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > L322 tdv8 stored code P2071 but no MIL Light?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
pk7976

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover SE TDV8 Buckingham Blue
L322 tdv8 stored code P2071 but no MIL Light?

Good morning am a new member and also new to the world of landrovers and rangerovers having just bought a 2007 tdv8. More out of curiosity I connected an Autologic Obd2 reader to the car and appear to have P2071 stored despite no warning light on the dash board. A quick google finds DTC Description: Intake Manifold Tuning (IMT) Valve Stuck Closed (Bank 1a) I have tried clearing the code but it does come back so before I start ripping the car to pieces blindly, does anyone have any experience of this or guidance on where to start fault finding testing in situ.

Cheers
Paul

Post #431706 20th Mar 2017 7:07am
Mikey

Scotland 

Vacuum controlled actuators on each inlet manifold alter the length of the inlet tract

As they are vacuum controlled, the first port of call is the vacuum pipework to each actuator. Very common for the pipework to be dislodged when working in the engine. If this all checks out ok, the actuator can be vacuum tested to ensure it is not tight/stuck Thumbs Up

Post #431728 20th Mar 2017 10:00am
pk7976

Thanks for the quick response Mikey! I will have a look tonight weather permitting and report back, am hoping its something as simple as a disturbed pipe but have ordered a mittyvac tester just in case.

I did find another user who had a similar issue but he appeared to just have one valve which was common to both inlet tracts do you think I should expect to find two valves on mine?

Post #431744 20th Mar 2017 12:01pm
Mikey

Scotland 

THere are also another 2, one on each cam cover (inlet manifold is integral)

Just in case we are getting lost in terminology Thumbs Up

Post #431759 20th Mar 2017 1:55pm
rar110

Australia 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand

Mikey which IMT works with the EGR, and are they bother vacuume controlled? Thanks ______________________________
Vogue tdv8 08MY poverty pack - wow

Post #431827 20th Mar 2017 8:11pm
pk7976

Had a look tonight and found a small pipe which was not connected but don't suspect this being connected to the main issue as its a small pipe that appears to connect to the back of the air filter housing? regardless its connected back to where I think it belongs. Am not really sure I have found the IMT valves on the inlet manifolds would be really helpful if anyone has a picture where to look?

Post #431862 20th Mar 2017 11:36pm
Mikey

Scotland 

rar110 wrote:
Mikey which IMT works with the EGR, and are they bother vacuume controlled? Thanks

Neither. They are seperate electronic controlled flaps in (what would be called) the throttle body, were the upper Intercooler hoses go onto Thumbs Up

Post #431876 21st Mar 2017 10:01am
Mikey

Scotland 

Centre of the photo, small actuator with pipe attached. Same position on the other side Thumbs Up

pk7976 wrote:
Had a look tonight and found a small pipe which was not connected but don't suspect this being connected to the main issue as its a small pipe that appears to connect to the back of the air filter housing? regardless its connected back to where I think it belongs. Am not really sure I have found the IMT valves on the inlet manifolds would be really helpful if anyone has a picture where to look?

Post #431878 21st Mar 2017 10:04am
pk7976

Mikey that is brilliant, really appreciate your help! No wonder i could not find them they are buried at the back of the engine and not the front where I was looking.

Will have another look tonight when I get home, am hoping its as simple as a pipe thats been knocked off. Thats the problem when you get a new car its learning what and where all the bits actually are! I remember feeling daunted when i bought a V12 Jag years ago but the Rangie makes the Jag look simple!

Post #431880 21st Mar 2017 10:20am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1