Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > L322 MOST system aux idea
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
Ollie7195

England 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Barolo Black
L322 MOST system aux idea

Hi everyone...

I know these questions come up quite a lot and i find it unbelievable that a car of this caliber didn't come fitted with an aux port or the like when the models were changed from BMW to ford, I happen to have a 2005 L322 with the MOST system fitted, with the only options being CD player or Radio not even DAB! To my understanding you can add an one of these: http://umno-tech.com/catalog/product_info....cts_id=559 or an intravee...

Annoyingly I like to have everything working properly and don't like the look of having to use the CD player function as the aux input selector (I know moan at me for being fussy) Whistle but the 2007 version of the L322 onwards has an aux port fitted to the rear console, And i can only assume it had a separate aux menu on the display.

Anyway to get to the point, is it possible to upgrade the software on my touch screen to the 2007 spec and find out how to wire the aux into the system the same as the rear one on the new l322? therefore giving a standard looking aux input?

feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!

If it wasn't for having the fibre optic system I would have torn it all out and fitted an android unit as they have so much more functionality, but alas its not possible to do this with the fibre system as i understand

Post #432151 22nd Mar 2017 10:13pm
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

You are correct in thinking that the system can't be easily upgraded to android which is a pain. You can add the dedicated LR system.

In terms of adding the aux input I'm not sure how easy this is, the aux is just that, a 3.5mm input, it gives no control via he screen. So even if you manage to wire one in it won't have the fuctionality you need. As far as I can tell i reckon it would wore into the integrated head unit behind the dash, as this is where rave says the RSE aux input goes, which is slightly different, but you would expect that to go to the RSE unit not the IHU, but given thats where it does go then its right to assume that the AUX 3.5mm goes there too.

then you are down to whether they are the same units for the earlier touch cars as the latter, they are different on the RSE models, as they have a different part no for the IHU and there are several options re part nos depending on vins etc. I would suspect that the difference may be the addition of an extra pin to bring in analogue audio and new software. but I'm not 100%

I'm assuming that you have a CD changer.

The easiest and cheapest solution is to burn yourself some MP3 cds. You can get several albums on each disc and if indexed correctly they display properly on the screen so you can browse through each disc. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #432168 23rd Mar 2017 12:18am
Ollie7195

Whats included in the land rover system? there's a few different bits of kit it gets confusing as to which ones which..

Also what is the RSE aux? sounds like to get it looking "proper" it will require changing of some parts what ever route i take
I have a CD changer, im not sure that mine is capable of playing mp3 CD's though, I tried burning one and nothing came up when inserted

Post #432301 23rd Mar 2017 6:27pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

The LR system was pants - it was £500 for the hardware - and allowed an iPod to be plugged in, with basic steering wheel & screen controls - and by basic, I mean it recognised the first 6 playlists only - as it used the CD selector control Rolling Eyes a complete waste of time & money IMHO

The cars with RSE had an input panel in the rear that included an Aux in - not sure how much else of the RSE would be required for a retro-fit of that panel.

I had RSE & had an iPod cabled to the Aux in - then decided to go with the LR system as it had to be better, but wish I'd saved my money as it wasn't really - the only real benefit was that I could keep the iPod in the glove box out of sight.

I thought they could all do MP3 discs, but maybe need the right directory structure - maybe time to consult the manual.....

Post #432303 23rd Mar 2017 6:38pm
northernmonkeyjones

pretty sure they all do MP3, but as said needs addressing correctly, not sure the manual is much help Alistair.

I think you need to put the individual song files into albums (folder) on each disc.
Needs to be MP3 not MP4 or flac or AAC etc.

If all your tunes are in iTunes it can be a bit of a fiddle, as you have to convert them from what ever they are stored in to Mp3 but iTunes will do that for you. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜

Last edited by northernmonkeyjones on 23rd Mar 2017 6:58pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #432307 23rd Mar 2017 6:57pm
Ollie7195

ok wont be going for that then Laughing

I will look at the manual.....when I have one Whistle turns out the previous owner didn't believe in paper... no hand books or history with it at all annoyingly

Post #432308 23rd Mar 2017 6:57pm
northernmonkeyjones

https://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix/c...oupId=1654

available on topix. Thumbs Up along with the rest of the owner docs.

MP3 bit says

MP3 folder and track format:
A CD-R or CD-RW can have MP3 folders and tracks recorded in many different ways, with many layers of folders and with tracks distributed throughout the folder structure. To minimise the loading on the system, a rigid folder structure is required. Therefore, only one level (or layer) of folders is permitted. Up to 20 folders, with a maximum of 20 characters per folder title, are permitted in this level. Up to 50 tracks can exist in the root directory and up to 50 tracks can exist in each folder.
Note: Any folder located within another folder will be ignored.
Note: Any CD containing a mixture of MP3 and CD-DA tracks will be treated as a CD (any MP3 tracks will be ignored). There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜

Post #432312 23rd Mar 2017 7:04pm
clemenz

Austria 2006 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver

I searched a lot on the net to add an aux port to an MY05/06 that looks like one of the newer ones.
I personally think its a very tough job. I find a post somewhere, an electric plan and one, who did it. system. Its possible somehow but if you add it, you need to program your CCF to enable that Aux Menu.

So long story short, i bought me an Trioma Module and i'm now happy with Spotify via Bluetooth and the Logic 7 Sound System Cool

Post #432633 25th Mar 2017 10:06pm
Joffa

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Not sure if the 2007 had an iPod in? My old 2009 did & it's still there in my current 2012.
If it does, they way I cope with the total lack of any meaningful integration with modern technology is through this little box...

https://www.viseeousa.com/collections/tune...-connector

It connects to the end of the RR iPod adaptor cable, then you blowtooth your iPhone to it (I guess it would work with any phone, but I have an iPhone 5S & 6S & it works for both).

Once paired you can play wirelessly from whatever you like on the phone (eg Spotify) & it comes out of the speakers when you select Portable Audio as the source on the HUD. It even remembers the last track you were playing when you jump back in the car & starts again from there (though it's the iPhone remembering that not the car).

Most importantly, since the Bluetooth connection to this box is separate from the connection you have for your 'phone' (ie the thing you actually make phone calls with), you can be paired to both at the same time & not loose hands free when a call comes in whilst listening to music.

$89 is a bit steep, but it's so work it to just jump in the car & play what you want withough havkng fo worty about connecting all sorts of cables first.

Works a charm, for me anyway.

Jof

Post #432808 27th Mar 2017 5:20am
northernmonkeyjones

The ^ is a great bit of kit and I also have one in my 2012. And it does work a charm. Won't help the op though as there is no iPod lead on the his model year. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜

Post #432812 27th Mar 2017 7:32am
Ollie7195

well i've been doing some more digging, managed to enable the aux selection on the display using the IID tool, just need to know the wiring, I was hoping one of the connectors on the back of the head unit could be what im looking for, can anyone confirm this?

Post #433041 28th Mar 2017 9:33pm
Simran0211

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Santorini Black

What IID tool are you using

Post #433160 29th Mar 2017 11:36pm
Ollie7195

GAP IID bluetooth

Post #433238 30th Mar 2017 5:15pm
Simran0211

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Santorini Black

Thanks for that I'm thinking of getting one now

Post #433391 31st Mar 2017 10:07pm
Ollie7195

No problem its a great tool!

now i need a little help, if i can get the answer to this then I think I can get a wired aux connection to the MOST system at last!

any one got an idea what type of connector this is? I need the pins to go in the back of it to connect a lead to...

Its a 12 pin connector, has AMP written on one side and has 3464 & PBT-GF30 on the other

Post #434045 6th Apr 2017 6:28pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>