Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Trailer issue
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Dr. Gonzo

United States 2011 Range Rover Supercharged 5.0 SC V8 Zermatt Silver
Trailer issue

Hello. I know the trailer topic has been discussed here in some detail, but i am hung up and am supposed to be leaving next week for 20+ days of towing a caravan with the family. Here are the details

MY2011 L322 sc fitted with surround cameras.
Wire harness fitted http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/VPLMT0008ABP
Tekonsha 90195 P3 Electronic Brake Control, Tekonsha 3035-P Brake Control Wiring Adapter
Used IID tool to BCM set to-
– Tow bar -> Yes

– Trailer module -> 7 pin for USA

– Trailer stability assist -> Yes (will only work if surround cameras are fitted)

– Trailer towing ball -> Fitted

Towing an led-equipped trailer, so I created a 7-pin wiring loom that includes 1x 6ohm 50w resistor in series for each of 4 circuits:tail and running lights, LH turn & brake, RH turn and brake, Reverse lights

All the trailer lights work, the brake controller works, however the RR is not "seeing" the trailer or given the ‘Has a trailer been connected?’ message. I've read online and in the owners manual that once the trailer is plugged in, the RR recognizes this, and will flash a trailer icon on dash when turn signals activated. This recognition also activates stability assist, disengages rear parking aid, disengages air suspension modes, and changes the shift points. I've double checked the BCM settings, all connections, and am going a bit crazy trying to sort this out.

The only faults i pull that could potentially relate are below -
IPMB-Camera
B12BD-49 (6Cool Rear camera - System internal failure - internal electronic failure
( on 14-03-2017 17:12:11 at 57935 mi )
B12BD-54 (2F) Rear camera - System programming failure - missing calibration
B12BE-49 (6Cool Front left camera - System internal failure - internal electronic failure
B12BE-54 (2F) Front left camera - System programming failure - missing calibration
B12BF-49 (6Cool Front right camera - System internal failure - internal electronic failure
B12BF-54 (2F) Front right camera - System programming failure - missing calibration
B12C0-49 (6Cool Left mirror camera - System internal failure - internal electronic failure
B12C0-54 (2F) Left mirror camera - System programming failure - missing calibration
B12C1-49 (6Cool Right mirror camera - System internal failure - internal electronic failure
B12C1-54 (2F) Right mirror camera - System programming failure - missing calibration

I am able to enter the "tow assist" cameras screen, though this is enabled only after setting the BCM "tow bar-yes" and not to actually connecting the trailer. The cameras all work just fine. Assuming these faults are something i need to fix, i can't find any info on the web about self-calibrating- it seems to be a dealership only operation.

Could this camera calibration be the missing piece in having the RR recognize the trailer, or am i missing something else here? Thank you all in advance for any assistance.

Post #432325 23rd Mar 2017 8:05pm
Dr. Gonzo

United States 2011 Range Rover Supercharged 5.0 SC V8 Zermatt Silver
Fixed

after digging around on a Disco forum, i realized the resistors needed to be in parallel, not series. Rover now works perfectly with trailer.

Post #432466 24th Mar 2017 5:31pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1