Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Wheels & Tyres > Thinking of changing to 18" wheels......
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
hamlet

Ireland 2006 Range Rover HSE Td6 Buckingham Blue

I've had a lightbulb moment....... Idea

I think perhaps reading it again, rav110 may have been referring to the spare wheel not fitting in the spare wheel area in the back, not the wheels actually fitting into the wheel arch.

Post #433386 31st Mar 2017 9:35pm
rar110

Australia 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand

Correct. These wheels can all be fitted to car. Just carrying the spare in the wheel well. ______________________________
Vogue tdv8 08MY poverty pack - wow

Post #433389 31st Mar 2017 10:04pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

hamlet wrote:

@ Miggit, I'm only considering 285/55/18's because I already have a set sitting at home (and I like the wider look tyres..... Embarassed ).

Sorry Bud I was going on the original, unedited info, which I believe was 185/55/18 Wink 1% size difference isn't an issue and the width difference shouldn't cause issues, but have a few slow full lock turns just to check, possibly in low mode, that should show up any issues... best to find out at walking pace than driving down the road Thumbs Up

I'm not too sure how critical the tyre size is on the ffrr... on my classic going to 265 from 205 has caused issues on full lock Sad , so some 30mm spacers have been fitted, and now the Censored wheels need arch flares Banging Head Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!
Inventor of the 'Guide-o-Matic automatic wheel alignment tool'
Former long term L322 owner, Up/Down graded to a Classic Tractor!

Post #433398 31st Mar 2017 10:45pm
hamlet

rar110 wrote:
Correct. These wheels can all be fitted to car. Just carrying the spare in the wheel well.

Thanks again for the reply and the info.

Sorry miggit, it did originally say 185 in there.... Embarassed

I think I might bring one of the 285 tyres with me tomorrow and stick it on the wheels I'm going to see then fit it to the front and do a few turn in the yard to be sure things are ok.

Thanks again guys... Thumbs Up

Post #433402 31st Mar 2017 11:38pm
hamlet

Well a whole Censored morning wasted going to look at the wheels.

I spoke to a guy yesterday evening and arranged to view the wheels this morning, after driving for about 40 mins I arrived to see the wheels, the guy I spoke to yesterday wasn't there and couldn't be reached and no one else could find the wheels in question. They weren't where the second hand wheels are normally kept and if they were moved because I was coming to see them no one knew where they were moved to so after much apologizing from the guy that was there I had no option but to turn and away home.

He did take my number and asked me to email him the ad which I did so he said he'd look into it and get back to me, I live in hope......... Rolling Eyes

Post #433488 1st Apr 2017 6:56pm
hamlet

Well the guy i met on Saturday phone me this morning and apparently the wheels I want to look at were already sold and collected but the idiot I spoke to on Friday didn't know this, so the search continues.

I have found these this morning and and only about 10 mins from work.

Not exactly the style I was looking for, but at €100, £85 including a full set of the black wheel nuts I can't really complain.

Any thoughts on these?

http://www.adverts.ie/alloys-wheels/range-...t_83690732

I don't think fitment should be a problem, I see that theanswers attempted to fit a set of these to his TDV8 but were catching on the Brembo brakes (sorry dude, but the ones I found are close and cheap, I know you'll understand the value of a bargin) but I shouldn't have the same problem.

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic42227.html

Post #433661 3rd Apr 2017 12:45pm
HGv driver

Wales 

they are the standard 2005 & 2006 18"wheels fitted to the TD6 so should have 255/60/18 tyres fitted and will fit into wheelwell in the boot no problem

Post #433917 5th Apr 2017 2:12pm
hamlet

Cheers for that, HGv driver, but actually I think they're off the RR sport, but quite similar to the FFRR type you're talking about.

I collected them yesterday, although they're not actually the style I was looking for I can't really complain.

All the wheels are in very good condition with 3 good Goodyear Efficientgrip 255/60/18 tyres and one with excessive wear on the inside due to a worn bushing and alignment problem on the 2004 L322 they were previously fitted to, and a full set of wheel nuts all for the princely sum of €100 or £85 so pretty happy with the deal, just have to get my 285 tyres swapped over and then get them fitted.

But I have had another though on these wheels which I'll start another thread on.

Thanks for all the help and advice...... Thumbs Up

Post #433923 5th Apr 2017 3:11pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12