Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Air Suspension (again!)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
DMRR

South Africa 2009 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Stornoway Grey
Air Suspension (again!)

2006 L332. After a few years of putting up with my air suspension sitting at normal height only, I bit the bullet and fitted a new compressor.

The problem :

The gallery gets up to 1550Kpa then I get a hiss and it drops to 350-400kpa, upon which I get "Pressure does not decrease, when venting gallery". I can't change heights with the rocker switch at this point. If I clear the code it comes back straight away (without pressing any buttons).

Things I have done :

Replace the crossover valve block on the compressor.
Changed the pressure sensor on said valve block

Deflated the system completely. Vehicle rises back to ride height, error comes back.
Deflated reservoir alone - error remains.
Deflated all - error goes until pressure gets up to 1550kpa, vents and sits at 350-400kpa again....

Using my IID I can raise and lower the vehicle to maximum height and minimum with no issues.

I have removed the exhaust muffler from the compressor (but it's new and made no difference anyway....)

HELP!!! Land Rover Addict
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Previous
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
2009 5.0V8SC Autobiography
2006 4.2V8SC Autobiography
2004 4.4V8 Vogue

Post #434144 7th Apr 2017 11:47am
SteMY06HSE

Qatar 2006 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

Hi DMRR,
I am currently working my way through a similar problem with my 2006 FFRR.
Was getting the same error, pressure not decreasing when venting gallery which would reset itself with stopping the car, key out and then turning back on but would keep returning at differing intervals, sometime 5 mins, or 5 days, there was no logic to it at all.

If I used the height control knob on the dash, raising was no issue, it was lowering that was giving problems... kept thinking it was stuck and going into extended mode...

Anyhow, I started with the easy stuff and so far (2 days of testing) I have not had any recurrence so if this works, I need a couple of new parts.

I took a look at the drier on the compressor and the exhaust muffler. The muffler looked new (brass type) and I could blow through it without too much force so discounted that initially. The drier media (silica gel beads) were a mix of dark brown, light brown, opaque white and a shed load of white powder. I'm pretty sure the beads are supposed to be an almost clear white colour when new and no powder.

I emptied out the container and cleaned it up and put it back together with no media inside it (left the filters out also) and tried the car, it went up and down like a fiddlers elbow no problems at all, screwed back in the brass muffler, fault came back straight away when lowering.

I am trying to source some new beads to refill the drier but getting them out here in the middle east is proving a challenge, and in the mean time I have been soaking the muffler in some solvent (thinners) to try and break down whatever is clogging it up on the inside, then I will blow it through backwards with some high pressure air from the local garage and try it again.

Hopefully that will sort it out and maybe what I have described might be of some use to you in your quest.

Post #434314 9th Apr 2017 7:52am
DMRR

South Africa 2009 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Stornoway Grey

All fixed Smile

I sent the new compressor off for a swap - new one arrived and I now have working suspension.

Moral - new doesn't mean working Smile Land Rover Addict
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Previous
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
2009 5.0V8SC Autobiography
2006 4.2V8SC Autobiography
2004 4.4V8 Vogue

Post #435587 21st Apr 2017 9:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1