Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L405) > Thule Roofbars on a FFRR??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
w8pmc

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography TDV6 Carpathian Grey
Thule Roofbars on a FFRR??

How do you fix Thule Roofbars to a MY17 FFRR?

Looking at the detail the car doesn't appear to have roof rails so i'm assuming it has 4 fixing points in the roof as per most cars without roof rails?

Is this the case or can the FFRR not take roof rails which i'd think quite odd? On the LR Accessories site it does show roof boxes & cycle carriers etc. but the cars shown in those photos appear to have roof rails.

On my M5 i have a fixing kit specific to the BMW F10 range which i then attach the brackets to, then the roof bars & then either a roof box or cycle carrier. On the Thule website it doesn't even list the FFRR.

Post #423966 20th Jan 2017 4:37pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

I looked into this and couldn't find any roof bar system for the L405 except for the permanent rails.

I think it's because of the glass roof.

I reluctantly sold my Thule bits not long after buying the L405 - I used the bars regularly on my L322 Big Cry

I hope you spec'd a tow bar as they are horribly expensive as a retrofit.....

I recently bought a Thule Easybase for extra carrying capability Thumbs Up

Post #423970 20th Jan 2017 4:47pm
AndyS

United Kingdom 

If you need a tow bar a detachable swan neck from Witter (OEM) is around £350.00'ish fitted so not too shabby. I agree retro fitting the electric tow bar is horrendous though.

Post #423992 20th Jan 2017 5:27pm
le25dse

Norway 2014 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Loire Blue

You are correct. You need the rails to attach cross bars or roof box. The rails for L405 are however prettier than on the L322 so they look nice even when you drive around without anything on them. Attaching the cross bars are also much quicker thing to do with the new system, so I take the cross bars on and off when I need them. On the L322 it took almost half an hour attach/remove the cross bars. ----------
2014 tdv6 (ex. 2004 td6, 1997 2.5 dse)

Post #424079 21st Jan 2017 10:54am
w8pmc

Alistair wrote:
I looked into this and couldn't find any roof bar system for the L405 except for the permanent rails.

I think it's because of the glass roof.

I reluctantly sold my Thule bits not long after buying the L405 - I used the bars regularly on my L322 Big Cry

I hope you spec'd a tow bar as they are horribly expensive as a retrofit.....

I recently bought a Thule Easybase for extra carrying capability Thumbs Up

Thanks.

I didn't spec a towbar as have nothing to tow & not a fan of the 'hang out the back' cycle carriers so was hoping i could pop the bike/s on the roof. Saying that & in hindsight, the wife's Volvo XC60 can take my current Thule setup & even has the same fixing kit as the BMW F10, albeit the base kit was different so i could use her car or given it would only likely be me & 1 PAX when i go cycling, i'm sure the back will have enough room with the seats folded down to take 2 bikes?

Another thing i can't find is a boot cover. Again in the XC60 you get a waterproof sheet that fixes correctly to various points in the boot so carrying a dog, rubbish for the tip or any other less than clean items is a doddle. I can find a rubber tray of the FFRR but that doesn't cover the rear of the back seats or the sides of the boot. Are these available either from LR or aftermarket?

Post #424107 21st Jan 2017 3:57pm
CMJ

2015 Range Rover Autobiography TDV6 Santorini Black

Would be interested in a boot cover also. Have installed the ridged tray for every day but took some old furniture to the tip yesterday and spent ages covering all the leather bits with old sheets. Also felt very guilty filling a 100k + car with tip rubbish. Never bothered with any of our earlier FFRR. Strange. NB Also in west lancs. NR Pesto. 2013 L405 AB 4.4SDV8 Luxor/Ivory, 2007 Vogue TDV8 Epson Green/Sand, 2008 Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue/Sand, 2003 Vogue 4.4 LPG Epsom Green/Sage, 1998 Vogue SE 4.6 LPG Epsom Green/Cream

Post #424197 22nd Jan 2017 10:51am
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

My order of preference is also - in the car, on the roof, on the back.

The L405 helped my ski trips by having a folding centre seat but I finally had to cave in this year as we brought the dogs in addition to 2 kids so something had to give......

I considered rails, but I'm not a fan and it's tight enough to get under the 1.85m barrier at the channel tunnel as it is Whistle

Post #424204 22nd Jan 2017 11:14am
Weegie

Scotland 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Quick search of "Range Rover boot cover" revealed this (among others) http://www.hatchbag.co.uk/land-rover-range-rover-2013on and http://www.ukcustomcovers.com/custom-boot-liners/land-rover John
2008 Stornoway Grey 3.6 Tdv8 Vogue
2005 TD6 Java Black Vogue - Written off!!
GAP iiD BT
2003 Discovery TD5 Auto, Nanocom Evolution - gone to a new home!
MasseyFerguson 152 - No electronics!! - Sold

Post #424216 22nd Jan 2017 12:12pm
w8pmc

I did spot that one & i think we've used them before when we had a Q5. Only issue is to cover the sides etc. it appears with this aftermarket one you have several separate parts to cover the sides & boot entry point so would have preferred on OEM solution ideally.

That said if one doesn't exist then the quality of these are pretty good.

I'm also thinking seat covers may be useful but perhaps just for the front passenger for those times i need to pick my lad up from football & him being caked in mud. Given i've opted for the white seats it may be prudent to get a drivers seat cover too.

Last edited by w8pmc on 22nd Jan 2017 3:12pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #424251 22nd Jan 2017 3:09pm
w8pmc

CMJ wrote:
Would be interested in a boot cover also. Have installed the ridged tray for every day but took some old furniture to the tip yesterday and spent ages covering all the leather bits with old sheets. Also felt very guilty filling a 100k + car with tip rubbish. Never bothered with any of our earlier FFRR. Strange. NB Also in west lancs. NR Pesto.

I'm in Wrightington, so perhaps a local meet could be in order?Smile

Post #424253 22nd Jan 2017 3:10pm
Range Rover LSE

United Kingdom 

I had one from Hatchbag a few years ago on my L322 and found them to be of a high quality both in terms of the material used but also in the fit and finish of them. Range Rover Sport 2023 D350 Autobiography
Gone RR L405 Autobiography SDV8, RR L405 VSE SDV8, RR L405 3.0L VSE, RR L322 BM 4.4, RR Sport, RR L322 TDV8 Vogue, Disco 4, Disco 3 (2 off), Disco 2 and RR Classic & RR LSE

Post #424359 23rd Jan 2017 12:02am
w8pmc

Thanks. I've ordered one off eBay from a Company called UK Custom Covers.

They appear to get excellent reviews & offer the same style of Tailored boot liner as Hatchbags, but it includes the seat split, seat drop & tailgate protector & only costs £60 (reduced from £70). Given i only need it for occasional use, i'm happy to try this out & if decent enough gives me a free tank of fuel compared to the Hatchbags price.

I'm fully prepared to eat my words however.

Post #424394 23rd Jan 2017 11:01am
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

I have LR accessory seat covers plus LR accessory load space liner. That deals with most situations, though I do have a trailer to take things to the dump if required. If I have exceptional items to carry I have a tarpaulin that can be spread over the area likely to get wet/dirty. Assuming your dump allows trailers (some differentiate between single and multi-axle) and you have a towbar they are not that expensive to hire, so that might be a better solution than buying seat covers and loadspace liners. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #424419 23rd Jan 2017 3:04pm
JamesD

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Corris Grey

Range Rover LSE wrote:
I had one from Hatchbag a few years ago on my L322 and found them to be of a high quality both in terms of the material used but also in the fit and finish of them.

I would be interested how you find this, let us know. 2021 L405 Vogue D300
2016 L405 Vogue 3.0TDV6 (Sold)

Post #425347 29th Jan 2017 7:43am
martinf

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Santorini Black

I have a tailgate cover on my L405 from these people
http://www.overthetop.co.uk/car-seat-covers-boot-liners/

They do full boot space liners and lots of other stuff. I am very pleased with their quality and service

Post #425353 29th Jan 2017 9:22am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>