Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > I REALLY DON'T WANT TO REJECT IT BUT...........
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 5 <12345
Print this entire topic · 
rodp

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

Quote:
How in the name of sanity do all of these people stay in busines, JLR included!

Simple, they produce a product that's sought after. And they run super efficiently, I'm a supplier to JLR and absolutely flat out, can barely keep up. They are however an excellent company to work for, by far one of our best customers.

Post #438971 20th May 2017 8:04am
GGDR

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Aside of the main topic, and looking at a positive here - what a great story of British manufacturing AND a British supply chain. Yes yes I know about the ownership. But to hear of component supplies here in Britain is so great.

What do you supply to JLR Rodp out of interest?

. Cheers, Greg
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2011 Vogue SE 4.4 with lots of toys in Stornaway

Post #438977 20th May 2017 8:58am
362bkr

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

I'm one of their suppliers too ................. I supply them with most of my hard earned CASH !

Post #438980 20th May 2017 9:07am
GGDR

Rodp says they're one of his best customers? Tell us more Cheers, Greg
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Post #438981 20th May 2017 9:12am
rodp

Nothing wonderful and exotic I'm afraid, we make and supply covers and curtains for the stillages and pallets the parts are delivered on (and in). But of course JLR have tens of thousands of stillages. I'll be fair to them and say even on something as mundane as these their quality control is good, very good. We have to be on the ball and make sure every one is perfect and to spec. They do get it wrong now and then, but who doesn't in an enterprise that big.

Post #438987 20th May 2017 9:33am
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black

Perhaps the corporate JLR engine room is good... their franchises/ 'front of house' (the people that take money off the retail customers) can leave a lot to be desired (as is the case with other retailers of course).

Post #438993 20th May 2017 10:19am
GGDR

Sure. That's clear from this thread. But as an aside, it's really great to hear about British manufacturing. Doesn't matter exotic or not, it's so great they buy from British suppliers and not just put it all to China. Especially 'mundane' things like covers and curtains! How many people do you employ Rod? Cheers, Greg

Post #439000 20th May 2017 10:35am
rodp

Only small, 4 staff and myself, but could easily double the staff. I've had bigger in years gone by, then sold to competitors and gone as works manager. Always end up starting again (four times now), I liked the thrill of struggling from day to day to get work. Nowadays, at 64, I'm content to plod along. I very often finish early and just go shooting leaving the lads to carry on. I treat them very well and they return it by being honest about what they do if I'm not there.
I've had offers again to buy me out, but this time when I retire I'm giving the business to the lads, lock stock and barrel. May be a while yet though, or I may just slowly come out of it, don't know. A different competitor has asked me to go to him as manager as they're suffering badly from lack of work. I've told them until I'm blue in the face their attitude stinks and that's why, but they just can't change.

Post #439015 20th May 2017 12:36pm
Basilfawlty

England 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

Well it's three weeks since my last update of the problems surrounding my rejected car and the news is well..........all bad really.

The only positive is that the car is fine.

However, the used car manager in Tonbridge didn't even reply to my email asking for my missing headphones, so I emailed the Head of Business at the dealership and that too is unanswered six days later. Not even an acknowledgement.

The promised Gratuity that was supposed to be handed over on 11th, May when I collected my new car wasn't. They forgot to arrange it and so after several calls to LRCR, where some staff told me that my representative was sick and others told me she was working they put me in touch with a new case worker.

She rang a fortnight ago to say that she'd just spoken to the dealership and as it was Friday there was no one in the multi million pound dealership who had access to a credit card to buy the vouchers they'd agreed to purchase but he would call me Monday Morning. He didn't. Nor Tuesday or Wednesday, so I rang the dealers themselves, who claimed they knew nothing of it and promised to make enquiries and ring me back. They didn't.

So last Thursday I rang LRCR once again for probably the twentieth time during this mess. Once again the call answering system told me that today they were experiencing slightly higher demand and there may be a delay in answering my call. It has said this on each and every occasion that I've called it. Again they estimated waiting time of approximately five minutes. Make that twenty. And then I spoke to an advisor who promised to have my rep call me straight back after confirming that she was on duty.

She didn't ring and a week later having come to the end of my patience I rang once again. Once again I was welcomed by the slightly increased demand message and again told that I'd be waiting for approximately five minutes. It was over thirty by the way and then I spoke to another rep who was very sympathetic.

She was able to tell me that my new rep had left a message for me on our answerphone on Tuesday. I explained that no one had left a message and in any event Tuesday was five days after I'd been promised an immediate call back. I also explained that the previous rep who had been dealing with me until she went sick (apparently) also tried to use this excuse but had to later admit that she'd rang a different customer and left my message with him.

This time I asked for the matter to be escalated to a senior manager and requested that I be given an email contact to forward a history of the case. They refused this but gave one belonging to the rep to pass on and a readers digest version of the history was duly forwarded.

And finally, Amelia our own forum rep contacted me on the 28th April on this very thread with an offer to help smooth things along and I've heard nothing from her since. Not even an acknowledgment of my PM to her.

You really couldn't make this up but I am now finally convinced this will be my last Range Rover. Great cars let down by shoddy infrastructure, inconsistent dealerships, the belief that you front load car sales jobs and forget everything else and a third world communication policy. Censored

Post #440958 8th Jun 2017 11:54am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

not sure if you have done this but contact the dealer principle...i had issues with non returned emails and phone calls so i contacted the DP and he sorted it.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #440969 8th Jun 2017 2:05pm
Basilfawlty

It's probably a bit too late Stan. I've pretty much decided that I'm leaving it with LRCR as it's just so annoying emailing and awaiting non-existent replies.

It's sad that this is just their way of doing business. When I spoke to the John Hall, who described himself as head of business and told him that I considered this sale had failed because he, nor anyone else in authority took ownership to put the matter right. They left it with people who didn't have the authority to make good on their promises and they were then over-ruled. I can only imagine that it was embarrassment that prevented them from telling me in person or by email.

Post #440974 8th Jun 2017 3:15pm
zarnd

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 SC V8 Bonatti Grey

Email the CEO of Jaguar Land Rover

ralf.speth@jaguarlandrover.com

I did this with the CEO of BMW UK and it got things going pretty quickly

Tonbridge are round the corner form me at work and they are not great to be honest...

Good luck Alex

2018 Skoda Kodiaq vRS
2009 Caterham Supersport Race car
2007 M5 Touring
2005 Range Rover Vogue SE Supercharged
2004 SL55 AMG

Post #440979 8th Jun 2017 4:07pm
Basilfawlty

Thanks for that it's appreciated. I've just emailed him. Just as well because they promised to have someone call me today and it doesn't look likely now as its going home time Thumbs Up 2016 SDV8 Autobiography
And several others previously.

Post #440987 8th Jun 2017 5:34pm
Basilfawlty

Well they finally seem to have got rid of the Red SDV8 AB. Just hope they've been honest with the new owner Whistle

Post #447911 15th Aug 2017 9:03am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 5 <12345