Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Best Approved Used Main Dealer?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black
Best Approved Used Main Dealer?

As many will know, Approved Used Range Rovers (or any car perhaps) despite the so called brand standards that franchised dealers boast they accord with, are actually prepared and presented to standards that can vary in the extreme.

Do you take it with a pinch of salt when you hear words like 'All of our cars must be prepared to the highest standards because...' with a minimum tread of this... and the making good of that Yawn

Been looking recently. The attention to detail/ manner of many A.U sales staff has been poor. The presentation of cars viewed on their sites has been poor also.

Who do they think is going to buy/ who buys a car that is poorly presented, not very clean and covered in obvious scratches (inside and out)?

Particular no no for me are scratches to outer mirror casings, chipped door opening edges (opened onto wall or similar), scratched boot and door sills/ tread plates and scratched interior trim... followed by the obligatory 'well it is a used car sir... it is in excellent condition considering the age and mileage... Rolling Eyes

So, what are your experiences like (who are the best and worst)?

Thumbs Up

Last edited by pld118 on 30th Apr 2017 9:20pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #436435 30th Apr 2017 8:17am
jumpin mouse

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aruba

We bought our 2014 4.4 SDV8 from Guy Salmon Wakefield and the car was very well prepared, and I'm very fussy when spending that amount. I was surprised that when we went to view it was not so clean and had a few minor issues to be resolved but on collection it was excellent.

Post #436458 30th Apr 2017 11:46am
Baltic Blue

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Baltic Blue

Whilst I agree that vehicle preparation varies greatly from dealer to dealer,
Personally a more important factor in rating dealers is how well they treat you after they have got your money.
Customer service and how they help sort out the inevitable problems within the following couple of years is paramount.
Farnell Bradford have been good to deal with me and mine. G reg 2.5VM Vogue Portofino red 1991- 1999
V reg 2.5td P38 Rioja red 1999- 2006
53 reg td6 Vogue Oslo blue 2006- 2015
11 reg 4.4 TdV8 Vogue SE. Baltic blue 2015- date.
https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic56162...tty+affair

Post #436460 30th Apr 2017 12:08pm
mzplcg

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

If the car isn't right when I view it then it goes no further. I don't know about other folks but I don't want an abused car which is cosmetically restored, I want a car which hasn't been abused in the first place.

Lancaster Wolverhampton for me, but that said the DP is a very good friend of mine even outside of LR stuff. His staff well know this Thumbs Up

Post #436471 30th Apr 2017 2:49pm
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black

You are right about the after sales experience being important, though if they don't instil confidence at the viewing stage then after sales is less likely to be an issue.

It is good to know those who present well and who dares well during are sales though Thumbs Up

Post #436473 30th Apr 2017 2:56pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1