Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic - Other Cars > Tesla x
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Caddyshack

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Indus Silver

Remember that diesel used to be super cheap....I expect electric recharges will get expensive or something like tax on battery scrapping?

Don't get me wrong, I have a £7k electric push bike, it is awesome, you can ride over the common and nobody cares....try that on a motorbike. The power is instant.

But I wouldn't spend a lot of cash on an electric car just yet...Twizy for fun...maybe.

Post #437587 8th May 2017 7:26pm
RR2008HSE

Canada 2008 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

A lot of us can't afford a new FFRR. We buy used.
Why do we throw away most old electronic gadgets (phones, drills, laptops)? Answer: the battery is Censored .
It's a little early to tell, but a used Tesla may end up with about the same value as a mint FFRR with a completely Censored engine.
Now, if battery prices, range and longevity are licked, things may change. But at that point, you'll be able to buy the electric pack and put it in whatever car you want.

Post #437595 8th May 2017 8:11pm
Caddyshack

I am on the second battery on my bike, the last one dropped below a critical voltage whilst stored at winter time and needed a 1700 dollar replacement. I believe the on in the Mac P1 is £250k if the voltage is allowed to drop too low.

Post #437606 8th May 2017 8:58pm
rodp

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

Caddyshack wrote:
Remember that diesel used to be super cheap....I expect electric recharges will get expensive or something like tax on battery scrapping?

Don't get me wrong, I have a £7k electric push bike, it is awesome, you can ride over the common and nobody cares....try that on a motorbike. The power is instant.

But I wouldn't spend a lot of cash on an electric car just yet...Twizy for fun...maybe.

At the moment being the operative phrase, give it time and you'll get done just the same as a motorcycle. And as you say, no charge just yet for battery disposal I assume. Exactly what happens to a used battery, can't see them going in landfill.
Electric vehicles have a lot of hurdles to cross yet, and they're only just off the starting line at the moment.

Post #437611 8th May 2017 9:26pm
markdotreed

United Kingdom 

Caddyshack wrote:
...Twizy for fun...maybe.

I must admit I'm erring towards one of these for the summer.... I have two friends who have swapped out JLR for Tesla (Model S though) but generally I don't think the two brands share much of the same market place. Regards
Mark

2009 D4; 1993 Classic 3.9 VSE

Post #437626 9th May 2017 6:51am
GGDR

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Quote:
I am on the second battery on my bike

No doubt batteries are the new massive consumable. Not sure what the deal is when you buy a Tesla / Leaf / PHEV.

But there will be so many floorpans full of them very soon. Probably astute to buy shares in battery tech...

(*See earlier post on Tesla share prices) Cheers, Greg
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2011 Vogue SE 4.4 with lots of toys in Stornaway

Post #437628 9th May 2017 7:28am
Caddyshack

rodp wrote:
Caddyshack wrote:

At the moment being the operative phrase, give it time and you'll get done just the same as a motorcycle. And as you say, no charge just yet for battery disposal I assume. Exactly what happens to a used battery, can't see them going in landfill.
Electric vehicles have a lot of hurdles to cross yet, and they're only just off the starting line at the moment.

I don't think I can get done for riding my bike on the common as it is perfectly legal to ride any normal bicycle where I ride and therefore my e bike doesn't break any rules, it even has settings to ensure it doesn't break any speed or power rules on the road.

My point about a motorbike is that when I used to go green laning I was fully within the law but I knew it annoyed some people so I gave it up....very quickly...only did it a few times and you could see the dog walkers faces and we were only pottering along, thing is I didn't blame them either.

My ebike is guilt free.

Post #437754 9th May 2017 8:02pm
Caddyshack

markdotreed wrote:
Caddyshack wrote:
...Twizy for fun...maybe.

I must admit I'm erring towards one of these for the summer.... I have two friends who have swapped out JLR for Tesla (Model S though) but generally I don't think the two brands share much of the same market place.

I believe you can hire a twizzy for the day to explore the new Forrest, have been meaning to try it.

Post #437756 9th May 2017 8:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12