Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

what it says on the site....

The Faultmate FCR is designed and manufactured specifically for Reading and Clearing all possible Fault Codes on every system with built-in self diagnostic capability on board each Land Rover model it covers.

Provided and priced as a personal use item for individual vehicle owners, the Faultmate FCR will lock itself to the VIN of the first vehicle it is used on, however, this feature also acts as a theft deterrent, because there is little point anyone stealing the unit, as once used on a vehicle, as it will not work with any other vehicle.

Each Kit comes complete with a FCR Unit, an OBD/Interface Lead, a USB Cable and User Guide - everything you need to start Reading and Clearing your Fault Codes.

Post #45138 8th Jan 2011 11:11am
bogie

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

yeah, if you email them and ask they do provide you with details for changing cars with it ...for legitimate personal use ..theres a big thread running on another forum where the manufacturer explains

Post #45150 8th Jan 2011 1:09pm
swast4

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

Hi Scarey,
I can't really expand on what is already said on the ebay advert as all the information available seems to be there. It is really easy to use, you just need to start car leave in park wait 30sec press resume button on cruise control and you enter the EAS system and you scroll through each menu

Read fault

Clear fault

Transport mode

View calibration

Restore original (calibration)

View current compressor temperature and pressure

View current height

Simulation mode

Calibration

Exit

You simple press the resume button to enter each mode and you can then look at settings or adjust then. then press resume button to exit. The restore origonal is also good as when you first connect up the unit to your car it reads and records your cars settings, so you can adjust the car as much as you want and can always get back to origonal standard settings with a press of a few buttons.

Hi justinP,
When I get chance I will post a couple of pics of car at ride height and access mode.

Scarey,
The faultmate sounds a good solution especially for the money but do they definately clear rthe EAS faults as the EAS kickers they do only clear Classic and P38's and think the L322 can't be cleared with faultmate and need either Testbook, RSWsolutions or this GapInnovation device, but I could be wrong, definately worth an e mail first before purchase.

I'm still surprised no one has come up with a cheaper solution for the worn out compressors, using another model, make or no one has given the worn out one to a seal company to source spares ? Is there any any intellegent, resourceful people got anywhere with this ?

Hope this info helps................Adam

Post #45184 8th Jan 2011 10:26pm
letsavit2

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Java Black

The faultmate for £200 looks the way to go.

I have an old compressor in the garage that i'm happy to donate for research into a seal kit, i have not got time at the moment to strip it down. 2004 black Vogue TD6

Post #45198 9th Jan 2011 12:42am
swast4

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

Here's a couple of links for you for Installation and User Manual.

http://www.gapinnovation.com/eascdoc/easc_installation_v1.0.5.pdf
http://www.gapinnovation.com/eascdoc/easc_user_v1.0.5.pdf

Adam

Post #45306 9th Jan 2011 9:51pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12