Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L405) > Remote Heater/Cooling Question??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
w8pmc

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography TDV6 Carpathian Grey
Remote Heater/Cooling Question??

This has been bugging me now for a few weeks as in my mind makes no logical sense, but thought i'd ask to see if their's a genuine reason why the control of this feature appears to be the wrong way round??

So to engage the remote heating (or cooling i guess now Summer's trying to arrive) you have 2 methods of operation. The first is the InControl Remote App, but using that method the cars engine is physically started or the Remote fob & this method fires up an auxiliary system in the car.

Now given the remote fob can only be used over short distances, i.e. you're near the car, why wouldn't that be the method for remote starting the engine? Why would the App which i guess assuming you've got 3g/4g coverage could be instigated from anywhere in the world be the one to physically start the car?

Why would you want to start the cars engine in say a dark railway station car park, which would surely attract unwanted attention when the App could be the method to just start the Auxiliary system?

Maybe i'm being thick, but this seems borderline stupid given i'm sure the 2 methods could be set the other way round? Paul

MY17 TDV6 Autobiography In Carpathian Grey With Cirrus Interior

Post #437824 10th May 2017 10:16am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1