Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Finance, Insurance & Warranties > Flux Direct Insurance. Words 'almost' fail me.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
destructimo

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Epsom Green
Flux Direct Insurance. Words 'almost' fail me.

Hi All,

I just thought I would share a bit of experience on this.

I took out insurance with them online and foolishly assumed that this was the simple matter of car insurance concluded.

Then as many other online reviewers have stated in their 'horror stories', the scam that this 'company' operates began to unfold.

A few days later I was sent a letter via e-mail stating that I didn't in fact have any insurance until my policy was verified.

This involved a lengthy phone call to them where they made adjustments to the policy (that wasn't even in force yet by their own admission) to increase the premium and also add their own administration charges.

After that long and unpleasant phone call with their rude staff I was then sent an e-mail and invited to log into my policy. Only to see that they then required me to provide copies of all manner of spurious documents in an extremely short period of time.

I expect the fun money making wheeze here is to make further changes and further administration charges at every turn when these documents can't be found, scanned and uploaded in the very short time frame allowed.

I immediately phoned them to cancel the policy (that still wasn't in effect and was mis sold in it's inception) and requested that all money paid be refunded immediately as no insurance was actually provided, then there would be no contract between our parties. If they refused to refund in full then the payment would be charged back to them.

It's quite clear that the business model isn't in fact to provide insurance at all, but to bait 'customers' with low quotes and then make every effort to make changes and charge admin fees until the 'customer' is so fed up they cancel with the resulting further cancellation and admin fees without providing the 'customer' with any service at all.

I think a thorough investigation by trading standards is in order, judging by the dirth of eerily similar complaints.

Cheers

Clive

Post #435868 25th Apr 2017 3:31pm
mzplcg

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

Yeah, Adrian Flux, Hyperformance and a couple of others do this all the time. Unless you have something super exotic there really is no reason to go near them. I have found similar when trying to get a Driver's policy. With 3 cars and 2 motorbikes, yet only 2 drivers it's a pain trying to get sensible quotes fro what amounts to 5 policies but with a maximum road risk (at any one time) of 2 vehicles. I'm good, but I can't drive more than 1 at a time Wink

Post #435870 25th Apr 2017 3:49pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

I had a very bad time with them - revolving cover notes for months on end - eventually got certificates but when I left them, they managed to screw up no claims and it took ages to unravel

Post #435871 25th Apr 2017 3:55pm
V8Noise

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Carpathian Grey

Consider yourself lucky you got out, before you got in so to speak.

I insured my Def 50th with them on an agreed value policy. The premium was paid up front, in 1 go, and if I remember correctly was about £285. A couple of months in I sold the 50th and Adrian Flux refunded me about £60. I hit the roof as I was expecting more than £200 back. Not with all their spurious charges. No chance. They eventually conceded to drop some of the more outlandish charges but I was still well out of pocket.

I wouldn't touch them again with a barge pole.

At least Dick Turpin wore a mask.

Google their name and see how much Censored comes up. You'll not be surprised. 2017 5.0 Autobiography Supercharged
2005 Merc SL350
2005 Disco HSE 2.7 oil burner

Post #435874 25th Apr 2017 4:53pm
b348xyx

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Adriatic Blue

i been with admiral for last 5 years, every year they try to increase my policy price and all i do is compare price online via whatever website you wish and ring and they match the cheapest online quote to keep me. much easier.

not really any reason to use these other company's these days, there known to mess people around and this not something i want to be worrying about Smile 2003 Range Rover 4.4 Litre V8 - Adriatic blue

2003 Range Rover 4.4 Litre V8 -Maintenance History Click Here = http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic39687.html

Post #435885 25th Apr 2017 7:21pm
mjdronfield

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Buckingham Blue

I was with them for many years, each year they would beat the cheapest quote I found online. Then one year they said they don't do that anymore, so I just moved provider.... whoever is cheapest....

Never had any issues whilst I was with them, but that was about 4 odd years ago now...... 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 TDV8

Previous cars :
2003 Range Rover Vogue TD6
1999 Discovery Td5 ES
1995 BMW M5 3.8 6 speed
1992 Range Rover 3.9 Efi Vogue
1992 BMW M5 3.8
1988 BMW 735i SE
1989 Ford Sierra XR4x4 2.9i
1981 Ford Fiesta Supersport

Post #435895 25th Apr 2017 8:03pm
Flashman

England 2011 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Santorini Black

Same here, with Admiral for over 7 years, no claims and then last year they tried to double the premium and would not price match their competition so moved to Tesco insurance who for some reason really undercut the market for my quote.

Word of warning, be careful with the multi-car policies, you are not always getting the best deal. I found insuring a Fiat 500 and the fatty with separate insurers saved over £200. Tom

Current Drive
2011 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography - Santorini Black - Ivory Leather

Previous Drives
2004 Model Vogue Td6 (Touchscreen) - Java Black - Parchment Leather
1994 RR Classic 3.9 V8 Soft dash - Niagara Grey - Grey Leather
1972 Series III SWB Safari - Green (Hand Painted) - Black Plastic

Post #435902 25th Apr 2017 8:59pm
andygts

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

Admiral must have been having a 'loyal' customer clearout then last year. They sent me a renewal that was a complete joke and an insult after 9 years with them claim free. Current
2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8
2001 Porsche 911 Turbo
+ Many other non LR products

Post #435904 25th Apr 2017 9:21pm
Freddie The Fish

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover SE 4.4 V8 Fuji White

Tesco were as cheap as chips for me, cheapest by far even with the upgraded/matched hire car. £40 back on quidco too so even cheaper..

Post #435908 25th Apr 2017 9:29pm
mr_spock

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

I just signed up with Tesco too. Same underwriter (Markerstudy, I think) as my previous insurer but lots cheaper.

Post #435950 26th Apr 2017 10:19am
DMRR

South Africa 2009 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Sad really - they used to be really good. When I had an external roll cage fitted to my Discovery my then current insurer had a hissy fit (they were cool with the engine upgrades, suspension changes, winch etc etc) - apparently fitting a safety device meant I would possibly take more risks.

So I hunted about and found Adrian Flux to be highly recommended (back then). I never had any problems with them. When I bought the 4.2SC they wouldn't cover it (too new and too expensive) so I went with eSure. Land Rover Addict
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Previous
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
2009 5.0V8SC Autobiography
2006 4.2V8SC Autobiography
2004 4.4V8 Vogue

Post #435951 26th Apr 2017 10:32am
destructimo

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Epsom Green

Hi All,

Funnily enough I just had a quick check back through my e-mails and found I had contacted their Adrian Flux trading style last year for a quote on a different vehicle.

On that occasion, their own website generated a quote of £150 and then sent pestering e-mails to ring them to get an even better price. When I rang they then put it up to £340 because they pretended their online system thought it was a camper van when it was only ever described as a pick up.

So it's pretty obvious that there is more money to be made by baiting and switching, before finally cancelling and charging for policies that customers have never had than just doing good business as an insurance broker.

I guess the analogy is that of private landlords. Not much margin in buy to let any more so they rely on just keeping tenants deposits as their income instead.

Cheers

Clive

Post #435971 26th Apr 2017 1:05pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1