Home > Technical (L322) > Coding a new key
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
NVB

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Cairns Blue

Weegie wrote:
Covers the Td6 Thumbs Up

Anyway, back on topic. In case anyone else is reading this. Weegie's process worked. Now have two fully working keys. Just got to work out how to stop the seats adjusting when I unlock with my new key Very Happy RR History
1988 2.4td Classic 1999 to 2020
1992 3.9efi Westminster Classic 2004-2005
2005MY L322 3.0TD6 Vogue 2016 to current

Post #439054 20th May 2017 7:03pm
rodp

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

Ha ha, I had exactly that happen when I coded the second key. I think a previous owner was seriously deformed, no way could you drive like that. I just set the seat to where I wanted it and pressed the memory button on the seat. Don't know if that's the correct procedure but it worked.

Post #439056 20th May 2017 7:06pm
alfapat

Scotland 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

Weegie wrote:
To synch the keys
1) Get in and close all doors. Turn ignition on and off quickly and remove the key (all within about 5 seconds).

2) Within 30 seconds of turning the ignition off, while holding down the "unlock" button, press the "lock" button three times. Release the "unlock" button. (You may or may not get the confirmation from the door locks.) Holding the key at your head level provides best results as the key sensor is in the side window pillar.

3) Repeat for each key you want to initialize within 30 seconds after the last one you initialized (if you have more).

4) Right after doing the last key, quickly put the key back in the ignition and turn it on/off again to finalize.

Between stages 2 and 3 above DO NOT put the additional key in the ignition (stage 1) as this starts the whole process again.

You will need to do it for all keys.

As Rod says put your vehicle in your avatar box. From your previous posts it is a 2005 Vogue but not whether it is Td6 or 4.4.

Great post , after purchasing a vogue with two keys and one missing a transponder chip , I bit the bullet and bought a chip and after several attempts of coding and losing the original key operation , got it all back and two keys working thanks.

Well not quite , this morning the new coded key unlocked the car ok , but not the ignition, so I must have put back the original in after confirming it , then put in new key which turned the ignition on , but if you do that too quickly after original it will catch the code before coding on vehicle shuts down.
So back to the start.
I put the original key in to confirm door unlock as it lost it while recoding the new transponder!

Can someone answer when confirming button pressing do I wait till the light on the key stops flashing or do it before it stops.

Post #442021 19th Jun 2017 7:27pm
alfapat

Scotland 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

Can only activate the lock unlock buttons on second key , would this be right, do I have take original to a locksmith along with original key. The second key has ever worked , so after investigating , I found that it had no transponder chip in it . I have followed instructions on this thread but second key doesn't activate ignition , any help appreciated.

I an only assume that this thread is only for syncranizing door locking etc and the transponder chip has to be done by a locksmith ?

Post #442183 21st Jun 2017 11:14am
Lukie

2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

sadly yes this thread is only for pairing the remote functions

there are very few people that do the immobiliser chip work as it can be a pain, I am able to help with this if needed just PM me to discuss further

Post #442337 22nd Jun 2017 8:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12