Print this entire topic · 
knares

Australia 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

My son is in England at the moment, I was going to get him to look in to it,
But thanks anyway

Post #449284 28th Aug 2017 12:32am
holidaychicken

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

No bother, the other option is to talk to Dan at Duckworths on here, he can tell you what to do as he is at a main dealer that can supply keys.

Post #449294 28th Aug 2017 7:39am
knares

Australia 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

OK thanks

Post #449304 28th Aug 2017 10:05am
holidaychicken

A little bit of progress.....
Because i noticed the steering lock is stuck in the off position i began to think I might have the Key wont turn issue relating to the steering column so following the advice of a guy who sells the columns in the states I removed the steering column cover and removed the plug to the lock ecu and then replaced it.

I then put the key in the ignition and waited and after a few seconds the key clicked and i could turn the key in the ignition but the alarm continued to go off ( the indicator lights were flashing, i have removed the sounder) and although the ignition came on and everything lit up it would not turn over, turn the key off and then it wont turn again until i repeat the procedure of unplugging replugging the steering column ecu.
i tried to sync the alarm side of the new landrover key but that wouldn't work either and the alarm was flashing all the time which i guess it doesn't like and also i have to unplug and replug the column ECU to be able to complete the procedure.

What do you think guys ?

Post #449343 28th Aug 2017 3:14pm
Lukie

2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

When you offer the key to the ignition if there is no sound on the steering coloum this usually means immobilizer fault

Post #449713 1st Sep 2017 8:12pm
holidaychicken

sorry duplicated a post here

Last edited by holidaychicken on 3rd Sep 2017 7:02am. Edited 3 times in total

Post #449723 1st Sep 2017 9:32pm
holidaychicken

Hi Lukie, still hanging in there with this one then !!
I get no noise when i insert the key, not from the barrel nor the steering lock unless i do the fuse 18 trick but it still wont start as it is immobilised by the alarm going off i think, key turns but no crank.

we had a van broken into a few weeks ago and a guy came out and programmed a new key and fob etc so i thought i would give him a quick call as he was local..
He said on the phone that there is no way anything other than a landrover supplied key would work and also a landrover key would need programming and he could do this for £90, great i thought - he came he tried, he failed, but he did say the ecu had 40 million keys ( that was the actual number he showed me on the screen) programmed to it already Shocked

Ok, so i have ordered the can bus lead for my faultmate msv2 extreme and I will transfer my L322 license to this vehicle and run some scans to see what is actually wrong and i can also turn the alarm and immobiliser off as well hopefully and program the alarm fob.

This is epic !! Censored

Post #449724 1st Sep 2017 9:33pm
Lukie

I went to a car similar to this in the summer, the guy had paid £250 For an imobbilizer chip for his fatty, the guy who programmed it gave him a video showing it being programmed

The guy left saying the chip is 100% so must be a fault with the steering coloum

£300 odd later and a faulty clock spring the car was still dead

I charged him a small call out fee to cover the 200 miles round trip which I asked him to pay no matter what, I work on a no fix no fee basis, within 5 mins I had the car up and running, left him with 2 keys all sorted

Not many people can do the immobilizer chips, with your guys machine saying 40million keys shows it can't connect to the EWS correctly (EWS needs to be removed to be programmed correctly)

Before spending anymore money on cables and license please do send me your EWS unit and all immobilizer chips I will check it for you for free

Post #449941 5th Sep 2017 7:30am
holidaychicken

hi Lukie, thanks for your continued support and interest, the unit in the car is not an EWS module but the later immobiliser unit, the second guy who came out said he could see where the immobiliser unit had been soldered on the connections by the previous programmer, does that sound correct ?
The guy who owns the RR has paid for the cables and so at least then i can run a full diagnostic and report back to you what it finds.
My only concern about sending his keys and ECU in the post is that by the law of sod the courier company will lose it as they always lose my most important urgently required parcels at work but i think that is a chance i will have to take if the diagnostics doesn't reveal anything further.
many thanks

Post #449944 5th Sep 2017 8:11am
holidaychicken

Unnecessary quote removed

Hi Lukie, I should be able to get the immobiliser ECU out this weekend and send you a photo of the chip inside to see if you recognise it. My faultmate is not talking to the engine ECU as I need another module activated on the faultmate but i have posted some pics on what it has told me so far.

When I try to program the key i get the following error for both landrover supplied key and other key.

Reading the immobiliser ECU, the information looks a bit blank

steering column inputs - again invalid key

Immobiliser fault codes, probably just means it's immobilised and turning off the starter and fuel ?

And faults from the instrument cluster

Didn't have a lot of time last night but any help is much appreciated before this one kills me....... Smile

Post #451071 16th Sep 2017 7:14am
holidaychicken

ECU pic added, what do you think ?

Post #451108 16th Sep 2017 1:58pm
Lukie

Sorry for delay, will do a little poking around now I have the chip number and will get back to you, i am in the process of buying iid tool pro which I believe program all keys

Post #451140 16th Sep 2017 9:10pm
holidaychicken

No problem and thank you, your help is much appreciated.
i am getting to grips a bit more with the faultmate settings and information now which may be of help at some stage.
i also have the centre console out and will check that the basic power supplies are intact for the Immobiliser ECU, Ignition Switch and Steering Column.
I have read a few times regarding the enabling of keys in the way that if a key is lost it can be disabled in case it falls into the wrong hands, i am guessing in the immobiliser or BCU but i can't find any settings for it other than the attached key learning procedure in the BCU but when i try this i just get the 'key is disabled message, insert an enabled key.'

cheers
Andy

Post #451148 17th Sep 2017 12:29am
Lukie

Sadly not able to find much out, maybe best solution is to get a new unit (replacement with transpoders)

Post #451688 21st Sep 2017 10:54pm
holidaychicken

Thanks for checking Lukie, the 2006 build is a bit of an odd ball due to the mix of Jag HS CAN components and the older BMW Electronics.
My Faultmate has been next to useless with the vehicle in an immobilised state and the support forums which are the only route for support for Faultmate are pretty dead although a good source of information if you have hours to search through and find the answer yourself. What does seem to be a common theme is the 2006 L322 is a pain in the Ahole.
Searching high and low on the net the common problem I'm getting is nobody has managed to program a new key without an existing working key to put in first.
I think it's main dealer time ......

Post #451694 22nd Sep 2017 5:18am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>