Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > Where there's muck there's brass...or more money than sense!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
rvbush

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

I know, but that's the problem. It won't change until they do. Either that or L-R actually get some management worth their salt. Drives:
2010 FFRR TdV8 Vogue - Stornoway Grey
2010 FFRR TdV8 Vogue SE - Zermatt Silver
1998 BMW E36 M3 GTII

Post #440575 4th Jun 2017 9:01am
JackRegan

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography TDV6 Waitomo Grey

I'm not so sure. Most things cycle from being heavily demand to being toxic at some stage.

I recall in the early 2000's 4x4's were tagged 'Chelsea tractors' and along with other large cars were being damaged / graffiti-ed when parked up in city centers. The Green's hated them, even some MP's joined the band wagon of hate towards them.

At the moment JLR are riding on the crest of a wave, their cars are pretty much selling themselves. This is certainly reflected in their attitude when visiting their showrooms. Call backs/email responses, you'll be lucky.

I am looking to replace mine in September, however I think I'm going to hold off until March to see what the updates to the 2018 RRS interior, what affect if any the releases of the Velar has and what the Governments position will be on diesel engines.

Jack 2016MY TDV6 Autobiography
2011MY 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography Black - Gone
2005 TD6 Vogue - Gone

Post #440577 4th Jun 2017 9:02am
Captain Black

England 2018 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Corris Grey

I’m new to the forum so reading up on some back issue posts.

From what I have read within this tread, nothing has changed from the experience I have had recently with my purchase, my closest dealer was astoundingly awful and another who couldn’t have been more helpful. You can guess which one got the order.

Interestingly, last week I got a call from the JLR market research team enquiring about my experience. I told them that as a long term Mercedes owner they had lost me as a customer due to their dealer arrogance, compliancy and outright lies. I told them everything about the poor RR experience at the first RR dealership and if it hadn’t have been that the second dealer was exceptionally good I wouldn’t have purchased RR. In all likelihood, I wouldnt have been back anytime soon either.

Post #472391 13th Mar 2018 12:40pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

rvbush wrote:
L-R (and a good few others) need to remember that their cars may well be walking out of the showrooms all by themselves at the moment, but it hasn't always been the case in the past and it won't always be this way in the future. .

Quite right....JLR are vunerable to a good kicking by a sensitive eco public- or A N other market turmoil.

I have never bought my RR locally, they have no interest in selling to me... mind you Jaguar were to snobby as well prior to my RR’s & I bought 200 miles away. Must be me Rolling with laughter Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #472419 13th Mar 2018 3:12pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12