Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Orders (L405) > Help and Advice NEEDED - Factory order has arrived WRONG :(
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Print this entire topic · 
1strangerover2017

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

CS wrote:
I'd go easy on the shouting etc, you'll just get thrown out. After all, it's not the dealer's fault that LR misbuilt the car, or that LR sent them the wrong headlining/damaged headlining.

The dealer have accepted that they made the mistake with the order and therefore getting things resolved, should not take this amount of time ..... plus all the other issues that they caused!, the wrong headlining .... did they order the wrong one again? the damaged one well ...... so on 4th attempt, does not say much about looking after the customer!

Post #448955 24th Aug 2017 2:56pm
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

Agreed. What a mess. I hope you can get it sorted to your satisfaction. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #448960 24th Aug 2017 4:04pm
AndyS

United Kingdom 

CS wrote:
I'd go easy on the shouting etc, you'll just get thrown out. After all, it's not the dealer's fault that LR misbuilt the car, or that LR sent them the wrong headlining/damaged headlining.

I meant 'figuratively' not actually shouting in the dealership. Rolling Eyes Obviously that's both rude and unproductive.

And, I'm sorry but you saying the dealer's not at fault is ridiculous. The dealer is representing the manufacturer and should be liable for all the issues and should take full responsibility of sorting day to day issues.They are at fault if they've dragged their heels and the customer is still unhappy without any issues resolved. It's time to give them some stick IMHO.

If the wrong headlining turns up then a replacement should be there within a day or two and if the next one is damaged then another replacement should be there within a day or two, not weeks or months as the OP has been waiting. All this lingering is just compounding the OP's frustration.

Post #448963 24th Aug 2017 4:59pm
1strangerover2017

thank you everyone for your helpful comments, I will update once I hear back from the dealership / JLR Customer Service / JL Financial services!

Just had a very interesting conversation with the credit card company, in summary the product does not match the order the responsibility falls on the supplier and even though I only paid a deposit using my credit card they will take actions for the full amount!, they are very surprised as it is a main dealer and have requested all the emails and copies of orders etc so there team can review before taking steps against the dealer...........

thank you again Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #448964 24th Aug 2017 5:07pm
Markjohns1

United Kingdom 

Good luck, keep us all informed. Full fat 4.2 Sc
Full fat vogue 4.4 petrol
Jaguar XJR super charged
Porsche cayenne
Tvr tuscan mk1
Bmw mini cooper

Post #448967 24th Aug 2017 5:40pm
Rob99

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

1strangerover2017 wrote:
Just had a very interesting conversation with the credit card company, in summary the product does not match the order the responsibility falls on the supplier and even though I only paid a deposit using my credit card they will take actions for the full amount!

Lots of people are unaware that this is a key element in U.K. Consumer law. If you pay anything over £100 on your credit card then the credit card company become jointly liable for the whole amount. For that reason I always pay deposits on a credit card. In the past I have even had them refund a 5 year gym membership when the club went bust after 3 years.

It's worth remembering that credit card companies have a huge amount of clout and would never want to see the reputation of their service damaged in any way. Sounds like they may be able to help you in this case.

Finally, I do have to wonder why you didn't outright reject the car months ago. Some very experienced forum members did advise this some months ago and the longer you leave it the weaker your case becomes. If you end up having to keep it and then want to sell it the market for LWB variants is a lot smaller than other FFRR models.

Let's hope it's not entirely too late and you see a resolution soon. Good luck with the card company.
. 2017 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography
2012 4.4 TDV8 Westminster - Gone, but not forgotten

Post #449019 25th Aug 2017 2:09am
martinf

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Santorini Black

But S75 of the Consumer Credit Act only applies to items costing between £100 and £30,000 so I don't think it is relevant here

Post #449030 25th Aug 2017 7:39am
1strangerover2017

I have given all the information to them (including vehicle purchase price), maybe that my deposit that I paid was less than £30,000? or maybe as I use my card so much Rolling Eyes that they are taking this on?

I am going to try and get a time line so everyone can see the challenges I have had and the steps I have taken at each stage, all steps have been by email and therefore not he said / she said etc.

I have had from the forum here a private message from Land Rover and I had outlined the individual who has been looking after from Land Rover Customer Service, so have said they will look after, but the communication has ...... well ........ emmm ..... i am sure you are getting the idea!

well at the moment I keep paying the finance fee each month!

Post #449043 25th Aug 2017 9:51am
dirtymonkey38

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Santorini Black

Did you get this resolved eventually? 2011 RR Autobiography 4.4 TDV8

Post #472022 10th Mar 2018 6:30pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234