Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > About To Reject. Questions?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Print this entire topic · 
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Just because it was a factory owned car doesn't mean it was problem free Whistle

Agree that you should never by a factory owned white one though - for those that don't know here's the reason why

Post #444542 14th Jul 2017 8:37am
stillrunning

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

The loan car the dealer was going to lend me had same fault as mine,
so it is buyer beware, with the experience i have had i would take any used car not just for test drive around the block but take it off them for a few days to check any potential faults thoroughly.

Post #444545 14th Jul 2017 9:02am
Red Merle

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

Alistair wrote:
Just because it was a factory owned car doesn't mean it was problem free Whistle

Tell me about it! Rolling with laughter

But, at least with a factory car they sell them on irrespective of whether they are any good or not.

Post #444578 14th Jul 2017 4:24pm
RR2008HSE

Canada 2008 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

Rob99 wrote:
^ True...... Shocked

......maybe it's worth having a "sticky" topic listing cars which have had major issues or been rejected for various reasons. That way prospective purchasers can check first before parting with their hard earned.

I'm not suggesting anything detailed but maybe just the model, year and colour so members can PM the previous owners for confirmation.

Just a thought...... Whistle

Very good suggestion. Dealers are required in California to disclose that. Unfortunately, it's not the case here.

Post #444612 15th Jul 2017 12:48am
CJB1000

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV6 Santorini Black

Just wanted to add weight to this thread, as my friend has just rejected his 2013 RRS after 18 months of ownership from new, due to the electrical gremlins described by Paul. His problems have been with the infotainment screen freezing, various warnings of system failures and the final straw was collecting the car from the dealer (after their last attempt to resolve issues) when warnings appeared again, this time, suspension failure and subsequently the power steering failed! He has advised his leasing company of the above and advised them he is rejecting vehicle. They have not accepted his rejection and asked to take this up with LRJ as 'not their problem'. Infuriated by this he has contacted both customer services depts and the vehicle is now being collected on Monday! He has been without his vehicle for over 12 weeks whilst at dealer (trying to fix problems) and has ended lease 6 months early with penalties. He has not had any payments returned for any of time without vehicle. Has now ordered Porche Cayenne! I was considering purchasing a 2015 RRVSE, but after reading various posts of similar problems am extremely nervous! Help!

Post #445317 22nd Jul 2017 7:56am
Red Merle

I have had some ongoing bother with my own Disco 4; owned it for 8 months, having bought it 11 months old as an approved used car. It was a problem that saw it break down, to be recovered on 3 occasions and once to be got going again by the AA.

In all it spent a month in the workshop and I started to lose faith in it.

I took this up with LR, via the dealer. I was delighted with their prompt response and their offer to subsidise the cost of a new FFRR by a very significant amount! I bit their hand of! With service like this, I shan't be moving away from LR for the foreseeable future

Last edited by Red Merle on 22nd Jul 2017 5:10pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #445361 22nd Jul 2017 3:10pm
AndyS

United Kingdom 

Paul,

Have you now completed the process and been paid out/car taken back?
Interested to see what you go for next any idea's?

Andy

Post #445380 22nd Jul 2017 5:07pm
caymanblack

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

Red Merle wrote:
I have had some ongoing bother with my own Disco 4; owned it for 8 months, having bought it 11 months old as an approved used car. It was a problem that saw it break down, to be recovered on 3 occasions and once to be got going again by the AA.

In all it spent a month in the workshop and I started to lose faith in it.

I took this up with LR, via the dealer. I was delighted with their prompt response and their offer to subsidise the cost of a new FFRR by a very significant amount! I bit their hand of! With service like this, I shan't be moving away from LR for the foreseeable future

Excellent result and rare to hear.

Post #445456 23rd Jul 2017 9:18am
w8pmc

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography TDV6 Carpathian Grey

Andy, my car was dropped off at the Dealers for their 2nd chance of a repair (which we all knew wasn't actually possible). It's been there since 23rd June & i've been in a couple of RRS's as loan cars since then.

JLR formally accepted the Rejection early last week so now just a case of getting all the funds returned. In fairness the dealer has been very supportive (me thinks they're getting somewhat sick & tired of the poor quality vehicles being produced), however the wheels at JLR & communication are very slow.

I'm hopeful both deposit & the payments to date will be refunded this week & my agreement with LR FS terminated (that may have already happened). Once all the funds are clear in my account, the dealer will get the loan car back & i'm done.

As for replacement, my principle need is for a working car that's both comfortable & luxurious so i've gone a little left field & will return to a German uber saloon, that being a new A8 Black Edition. The 3 reasons are it's a known entity as had an SE Exec 5 years ago, second it's the run out model so well spec'd & no gremlins, but lastly it's for giveaway money so i'll feel better about rejecting the FFRR as i'll have a 'decent' set of wheels for 2yrs with a total outlay significantly less than even the deposit i paid out on the FFRR. I will miss the Rangey, but i'm not outlaying £100k of my money on a car that's at best OK & at worst not fit for purpose & i see this across the JLR range currently so won't be giving the Brand a look in for at least 5+yrs. Paul

MY17 TDV6 Autobiography In Carpathian Grey With Cirrus Interior

Post #445478 23rd Jul 2017 12:54pm
Red Merle

Having driven between 30,000 and 40,000 miles a year since 1985, I've got through a few cars, from a fair few different manufacturers and have only ever had to reject one 12 month old car; it was a top spec Citroen C5. In the 12 months that I'd owned it, it had been in the workshop for 5 1/2 months of that. During that time, it had eaten three pairs of camshafts and one entire new engine and the problem still persisted.

At the time we started rejection proceedings it had broken down 1/2 a mile after its 20,000 mile service and the garage had kept it for another 3 days (without even looking at it during that time), but they sent me a bill of £210 for the 3 day's use of their car.

I had to fight, involve legal letters and the finance company (who were brilliant) before they eventually relented with no good grace at all.

Reading this thread, (and with all due respect to those that have had problems) it strikes me that LR deserve a bit of credit in offering refunds where others would fight tooth and nail, long after LR would have done the right thing. Just Google "BMW", "timing chain" & "N47" to get a good example of the responses, from a supposedly prestige German manufacturer, to a very serious, car destroying, problem Shocked

Post #445514 23rd Jul 2017 5:40pm
w8pmc

Not sure that's quite the case Red & i for one don't feel LR deserve any credit, quite the opposite. They didn't offer to refund me as i had to fight for it (albeit i didn't need to go legal), they Manufactured a substandard product which i bought for close to £100k so several pieces of legislation are there to support failures such as that.

This is only the second time i've ever rejected a car, the first being an F10 M5 about 4yrs ago that failed several times with a major mechanical failure that the dealer or BMW couldn't fix. The car was rejected & a new F10 M5 ordered, so this is the first time i've rejected a car & demanded a full refund.

Had JLR manufactured a quality product that was fit for purpose then i'd have been as happy as any buyer of a brand new FFRR AB could be, however they didn't & they've manufactured many many more substandard cars with countless numbers being rejected across the JLR range, so on that basis i'm certainly not feeling any love or that they deserve any credit. Paul

Post #445537 23rd Jul 2017 8:30pm
w8pmc

Rejection now complete. Deposit refunded just over a week ago & payments refunded by LR Finance on Friday, so that's the end of my relationship with JLR & i won't be venturing to the brand again for a good few years.

A real shame as if my car had been without the numerous faults or at best if LR could have fixed them then i really did/would have loved the car, but the journeys i take needed the Infotainment system to work as it should & it's very difficult to live with a £100k car that has so many features that don't work.

Let's hope JLR learn a lesson from the vast number of cars currently being rejected & thus improve their quality control. Paul

Post #446775 6th Aug 2017 8:38am
Red Merle

Glad it's all sorted for you and here's hoping that they've got it all working in time for mine to go into build w/c 11/9/17 Rolling Eyes

Having just got my current "Approved" Disco 4 effectively rejected (or "Assisted Vehicle Change" in LR parlance), I just hope that they don't toughen their fairly laid back on their acceptance of customer's rejections. A colleague's recent experience with BMW, with a catastrophic (design fault related) engine failure, shows what it's like when a manufacturer couldn't give a damn!

Ironically, mine hasn't put a foot wrong in the 3,000 miles / 3 weeks since I agreed to take a new car Rolling Eyes

Good luck with what ever your new motor will be Thumbs Up

Post #446782 6th Aug 2017 9:33am
jim4244

England 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver

The situation with folk rejecting their JLR cars appears to be growing?

Last June I purchased a new RRS L494, and from day one had problems with screaming brakes, TFT dash disappearing and various bodywork problems. I gave the dealership 4 months to sort things out and after the 7th time it came back to me with unprepared faults I formally rejected the vehicle.

I was offered a full refund or replacement car and I opted for a replacement, which I collected in March 2017. This one is a totally different beast! Everything works the way it should and it is a pleasure to drive, however the experience has soured my view of JLR who appear to be churning out substandard cars.

Jim

Post #446813 6th Aug 2017 12:03pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234