Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Dealership & Service Feedback > Stratstone
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
danp03

United Kingdom 
Stratstone

Hi, I am collecting my car from Stratstone LR Newcastle on Saturday. It's 3 years old and coming from LR Cardiff. I've seen pics but not the car in person. I have been looking to get a mobile detailer to give the paint work a good going over prior to collection, unfortunately I can't find a one one at short notice. Does anyone know what sort of prep/polish the car will receive prior to collection? I appreciate it's not a new car but want it to look as good as possible. Many Thanks. Dan

Post #446419 2nd Aug 2017 2:15pm
JCW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Sumatra Black

in my experience, a powerwash / quick going over with a wash mitt and a cursory camois. You'll likely want to arrange a proper detail after collection, or invest in the products / kit yourself so you can continue to maintain the finish.

ref Stratstone, I had a miserable experience and will never darken their door again, although this was Cheltenham so fingers crossed Cardiff / Newcastle may be a different story.

Best of luck & enjoy!

Post #446440 2nd Aug 2017 6:20pm
danp03

United Kingdom 

Thanks. When I spoke to them they did say the car receives a hand polish but could not confirm if it would be to the standard of a professional detailer. I will get it booked in somewhere for the beginning of next week.

Post #446443 2nd Aug 2017 6:49pm
rodp

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

JCW wrote:
in my experience, a powerwash / quick going over with a wash mitt and a cursory camois. You'll likely want to arrange a proper detail after collection, or invest in the products / kit yourself so you can continue to maintain the finish.

ref Stratstone, I had a miserable experience and will never darken their door again, although this was Cheltenham so fingers crossed Cardiff / Newcastle may be a different story.

Best of luck & enjoy!

And Stourbridge many moons ago, incompetent and theft from veicle.

Post #446465 2nd Aug 2017 9:31pm
UK Marine

England 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

In 2014 I bought a 2010 Audi A8 from Stratstone Perth over the phone, sight unseen but was assured it was in perfect very low mileage condition and I have to admit that the photos were very impressive. It was delivered to my home not a local Stratstone, which at the time I thought very considerate but in hindsight was a big mistake.

The car had less than 20,000 miles on it and had been owned by a retired Surgeon, cosmetically it was perfect but after driving for a few miles I noticed a slight judder when putting my foot down. Anyway long story short, because it was parked up and not used by the Surgeon for a year or two the paper/fibre plates in the gearbox had broken down and basically disintegrated (I was told later it was a well known fault that Audi refused to acknowledge and therefore issue a recall) and a nice healthy estimate of over £5500 for a new gearbox was presented to me by Audi. I duly passed this onto Stratstone and they refunded the cars purchase price immediately.

So my advice is drive it extensively before actually paying for it, looks aren't everything in the grand scheme of things.. ______________________________
Simon

Range Rover Classic 3.5 efi - Gone
Range Rover Classic 3.9 efi - Gone
Range Rover Classic 4.2 LSE - Sadly gone
Land Rover 110 3.5 - Gone
Range Rover P38a 4.0 SE - Pleased it's gone
Range Rover P38a 2.5 DHSE - Just sold
Range Rover L322 4.4 v8 Petrol - Current

Post #446467 2nd Aug 2017 10:05pm
Basilfawlty

England 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

A Second to for Stourbridge on the incompetence, mind numbingly so. Sent me off with no tax disc, then when I returned for it and drove a 100 miles home I found that the tax disc referred to one car, the number plates to a different one still and the one on all my paperwork, which was the one I'd insured was a third different registration.

On the positive side Stratstone in Bury were good, so with luck they get better the farther North you go. Thumbs Up

Post #446468 2nd Aug 2017 10:06pm
elbitrevnoc

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue SE Td6 Buckingham Blue

A different site, but I too didn't have a particularly good experience of Stratstone. I think a lot of it is down to the individual sales person. I dealt with two - my sales woman, who I thought was excellent and her boss who was an arxxhole and from whom I wouldn't have asked the time without getting a second opinion!

It's a real dilemma when you find what appears to be the right car, but it's miles away from you. I've actually bought my last 2 cars from distant dealers, but only after finding a way to make a trip to see it in the metal. I'm too nervous to buy at distance - all cars look pretty perfect in photographs and I've always found a dealer's view of a car's condition to be a little different to mine! I've been to see cars that needed quite a bit of work to bring them up to scratch - even though the dealers have told me that they're immaculate.

There's plenty of good cars out there though and fingers crossed that yours is a one of them. I hope its a cracker! 2014 3.0 SDV6 Sport HSE Corris Grey with Ebony/Cirrus
GONE - 2012 TdV8 Westminster Orkney/Ivory
GONE - 2012 3.0 SDV6 Sport HSE Luxury Orkney Grey/Ivory
GONE - 2006 3.0 Td6 Vogue SE Buckingham Blue/Parchment

Post #446475 2nd Aug 2017 11:26pm
danp03

United Kingdom 

Thanks for all the feedback

Post #446530 3rd Aug 2017 3:11pm
tvrforever

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 V8 Santorini Black

from my experiences - best of luck! you'll need it....

Post #448593 21st Aug 2017 7:41pm
b2dnd

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Fuji White
Stratstone Stourbridge

A third for Stourbridge Land Rover.

Just bought a used L405 from Stratstone Stourbridge. Told there was service history, so as everything is recorded on a database I asked a printout of the service history and I am still waiting to get this - the salesman is now ignoring / not returning my telephone calls. I think the old method of stamping a service book was better. Car delivered without the locking wheel nut key, still waiting for that also and hoping for no punctures, not sure what were going to do when we need new tyres!!! I would have expected that the presence of the wheel nut removal key to be part of the approved Land Rover multi check. Not happy, if I don't get a result soon there will be a phone call made to Land Rover UK. Just to update, Stourbridge Land Rover sorted everything out. Happy. Very Happy

Last edited by b2dnd on 30th Jan 2018 4:53am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #458103 21st Nov 2017 6:05pm
jim4244

England 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver

NEVER buy a car unseen!

Would you buy a house without viewing it? Would you buy a boat without a survey and sailing it? Would you buy a sofa without sitting on it?

Then why on earth would you buy a car without driving it and going over it with a fine tooth comb???

Jim

Post #458112 21st Nov 2017 7:01pm
Rob99

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

^ Lots of people do though Jim......

Bizarrely most people spend less time choosing a house than they do a holiday, and the sofa you sit on in the shop isn't the one you get delivered.

It's the same with cars I guess. You generally know what you're getting although personally I would always want to see and drive the car myself before parting with my cash. 2017 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography
2012 4.4 TDV8 Westminster - Gone, but not forgotten

Post #458117 21st Nov 2017 7:13pm
jim4244

England 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver

Rob - and there lies madness!

Why on earth would you spend tens of thousands of pounds on something that it secondhand and unseen.

The expression “A fool and his money are easily parted” springs to mind...........

Jim

Post #458118 21st Nov 2017 7:17pm
Basilfawlty

England 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

I think that's a little harsh Jim. I've bought six full fats remotely. I speak with the sales manager and they always say that they will send a video. I tell them that they need to go and have a careful examination of the car as their eyes will see any imperfection that is missed by a video. I then go through in fine detail exactly what is wrong with the car and how it's going to be rectified (if needed) before purchase.

I have it committed to paper and I make it clear that I expect the car to be exactly as described. Just once was I very disappointed and I eventually rejected it after giving them an opportunity to put it right. 2016 SDV8 Autobiography
And several others previously.

Post #458124 21st Nov 2017 7:56pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

I am forced to buy long distance as I can never get a deal locally. They are very stubborn.

Post #458139 21st Nov 2017 10:00pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>