Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > 2014 models
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Triarii

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

Well, try as I might, I can't get pictures to upload here or to the gallery. Here it sticks on 'adding to panel' and doesn't show the thumbnail as per the FAQs.

In Gallery it says:

"The previous file could not be placed.
You have successfully placed all the files."

No photos. No idea how I got the one in my sig into the gallery! Censored 17 MY Corris Grey 4.4 VAB
Silver MB R231 SL350

Post #447145 8th Aug 2017 9:17pm
Triarii

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

Collected car yesterday and idled back via A roads rather than the Mway. What can I say.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Turned out to be Aruba rather than Luxor but I love it.

Even my wife (no car is worth her notice apart from an SL like hers or possibly a DB9) liked it. Streets ahead of the L322.

Insurance is £300 more than the old one, though the reduction in VED offsets that. A tracker would only save £40 (with Admiral multi-car).

Reading the epic that is the manual. Yawn

Next up, sorting ipod compatibility and looking into additional security features. 17 MY Corris Grey 4.4 VAB
Silver MB R231 SL350

Post #447836 14th Aug 2017 5:55pm
counter of beans

England 2012 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

Basilfawlty wrote:

I've said this many times before so I may as well repeat myself again. The VSE is the sweet spot of the Range. The Vogue is very nice and the AB beautiful but the VSE for me has just the right amount of kit.

My meanderings through used cars confirms this Mr Fawlty. It doesn't seem to make much difference to the price asked compared to a Vogue - nor does the V6 versus V8 engine seem to change the price much. Autobiographies seem to command a premium. And yet, if you're speccing brand new, a V8 diesel VSE is around £14k more than a V6 diesel Vogue.
It appears to a newbie like me that a V8 diesel VSE is the best used buy?

Post #448360 19th Aug 2017 11:25am
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black

You will probably find that many members on here will suggest that condition trumps spec, if it comes to down to it, when buying used.

Our current L322 is a Vogue. We were looking for an SC or an AB or a VSE and for months, the condition of them at main dealers was not good enough. We stumbled across a low mileage, well spec'd Vogue and immediately knew it was the right car to buy.

We've just bought a 3.0 Vogue L405 and again, the Vogue badge was of no concern because other, higher spec'd and higher mileage offerings seen over a period of months at main dealers were appalling... and it is a very well spec'd Vogue indeed

Ps... From the 4.4TDV8 L322 to the 3.0 Diesel L405, the 3.0 feels like no poor relation and is excellent to drive/ feels in no way underpowered by comparison Thumbs Up

Post #448366 19th Aug 2017 12:01pm
counter of beans

England 2012 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

Sounds like good advice pld118, I'll bear it in mind. I've discovered that cars can look soooo much better in the advert photos than close up in real life. Also that comments such as "immaculate" and "mint condition" mean nothing.
I was looking at Porsche Cayennes and saw one at £50k that was scratched to bits, but still described as "amazing" in the ad. Well, perhaps it is "amazing" that a dealership would have the nerve to, er, stretch the truth.

Post #448371 19th Aug 2017 12:50pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12