Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > Current SVR owner possibly SVAutobiography Dynamic owner.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Lyonhead

Wales 2019 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Loire Blue
Current SVR owner possibly SVAutobiography Dynamic owner.

Hi guys,
Been watching the forum for sometime now and keen to see if any of you can offer some advice.
I currently own a RRS SVR, had it from new with 8000 miles on it. The car is fantastic.... I've had in the past 2.7, 4.2 s/c and 5.0 s/c RRS's so quite used to RRS model. I'm not a speed freak, in fact drive like a granny but when needed it's there.
I contacted 3 Dealerships in my area before purchase and was surprised at the lack of knowledge of the SVO brand and this was confirmed after purchase that there could have been 'bespoke ' options available!!! The LR website mentions this but no detail Big Cry when I requested a test drive I was told there was only 1 demo in the system and that was in Park Lane!! Seems only Londerners buy these cars Shocked but I bought anyway.
Now, the only problem I have is that I have a very bad back problem from an accident and the 'sporty' seats of the SVR are becoming a challenge. I have sat in a SVAUTOBIOGRAPHY, at Goodwood FOS, and it was very comfortable so I'm thinking of purchasing one of these.
Now armed with more information I contacting the same Dealerships and again still they seem to have limited info on the SVO brand and when I asked if I could get a test drive, they said that it was not possible as these cars are built to order Shocked .
I've since, Friday in fact, contacted SVO direct to see why it's so difficult to get LR to want to sell me a £100,000 plus car and why Dealerships are not up to speed Question also while on the phone to SVO I asked how come the colour I was looking to purchase, Ruffina Red, was not available to see in the Dealerships in the cold light of day, and the answer was it was from their premium palette Question Question What the hell does that mean, have I got to be a VIP or something to actually be able to see it Evil or Very Mad
I've fired off an email to SVO at their request covering these things and await reply but wondered if any of you who have purchased an SVAUTOBIOGRAPHY had the same problems, how do you think they compare to an SVR if you've had experience of both and would it be the way to go or should I stick with my SVR, as other than the seats the car is amazing and I've never ever had as much interest in any other car from people before as I have had with this one.

Post #446790 6th Aug 2017 11:10am
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Colours from the premium pallette are, by that very definition, pretty rare - the chances of there being one son the dealer network, somewhere nationally, let alone locally, are pretty remote.

If it were me, I'd just travel and deal with someone who sells multiple of these - as they are also more likely to want your SVR as a trade in, so may be worth talking with the central London dealerships.

SVR is, without a doubt, a firmer ride than any FFRR, including the SVA.

There's a couple of SVA owners on here, but not sure they would have also considered an SVR as they went from other FFRR's

A couple of related threads -

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic40013.html
http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic39662.html

Post #446797 6th Aug 2017 12:10pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE 5.0 SC V8 Havana

Funny thing my german dealer told me the same things when i asked for a testdrive of the SVA:

He said people who buy this car know what they buy and do not need a testdrive Shocked Shocked Laughing

They are not to keen to sell them.... Evil or Very Mad All my spelling errorz are belong to me!

2023 FFRR L460
2020 Range Rover Velar

Post #446800 6th Aug 2017 12:14pm
Lyonhead

Thanks Alistair, noted.

Sorry didn't explain correctly in my rambling, but, I meant about the paint as seeing on a board as most delaerships have a 'Swatch' board to give you a better idea rather than just on the build your own section on the website. I wouldn't have expected to see on a car in the showroom Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #446801 6th Aug 2017 12:16pm
Alistair

In that case, I agree - as a credible potential purchaser, you'd have thought they should be able to send you a swatch - or at least send one to your local dealer.

Post #446803 6th Aug 2017 12:26pm
Scottyav

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Zambezi Silver

your talking JLR here they never do things for customers or care Whistle all they want is money and orders aftercare and help are not the best Rolling Eyes _____________________________________________________
Zambezi silver Vogue Se unique Smile

Post #446807 6th Aug 2017 12:36pm
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

I have heard of dealers setting up viewing trips to Solihull with clients that have potential as regards ordering the special paints and other SVO extras, I think there is a design studio where one can see all the different options. See if your dealer offers that, or try speaking to LR Customer Relations (0870 5000 500) for other dealers nearby that do, or indeed if you can go by yourself. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #446864 6th Aug 2017 7:32pm
Lyonhead

Thanks for the reply CS, but do you see the problem here Question

Surely the Dealership(s), in my area, and there are only 3, should be offering this trip to Solihull or should at least let me know of the option also why have they not mentioned this design studio Question This is the first I've heard of it Shocked

Just seems all very poor to me, especially when they are supposed to be giving the customer all the facts before purchase.
It seems the customer has to do all the running around and fact finding and then the Dealerships job is just to "take the money". Whistle.

I have STILL not heard from SVO after contacting them direct last Friday and sending the email Shocked so obviously they are not that keen to sell these cars or maybe I should wait another couple of days, but, you never know there could be someone from LR head office surfing this forum that might take note.

Thanks anyway for your valued comments Thumbs Up

Post #447035 8th Aug 2017 9:03am
Alistair

LR Customer Relations have a specific category that they occasionally look at - so might be worth posting there, but don't hold your breath......

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/land-rover-...-vf33.html

Post #447036 8th Aug 2017 9:15am
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

If you are getting nowhere with your local dealers you could speak to Alastair Purves at Lloyd Land Rover in Kelso (01573 227617) who has experience of SVO. They are pretty rare (I'd say more so than the Sport SVR) so perhaps for some dealers it is not worth putting in the effort/cost. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #447057 8th Aug 2017 1:18pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1