Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > I know there are lots of posts ref fixed sidesteps but . . .
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Doonhamer

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Santorini Black
I know there are lots of posts ref fixed sidesteps but . . .

In order to assist Domestic Zero's entry/exit from the Range Rover, I got a set of aftermarket sidesteps (the ones you seen in pictures with a white card shrink-wrapped to all the nuts and bolts) - I've now had two attempts to fit them and given in, hopefully they'll be going back to where I bought them. The bits under the chassis were fairly easy once I'd re-tapped the holes and it only took a bit of 'grunt' to get the bolts on the underside to line up. However, having very carefully removed the panel behind the front wheel, drilled it and fitted the mudflap (included in the kit) I couldn't get the mudflap to line up with the sidestep no matter how hard I tried . . at best there was always a 1/2" gap. Evil or Very Mad
If these are no good, does anyone know of a suitable alternative that has got a better chance of fitting correctly? Doesn't bother me as I'm 6', but DZ only manages 5' on tall days so she definitely needs some sort of assistance; yes, I know I could lower the suspension for her - tried that and got "It's not a bus and I'm not that old!" for my troubles! Whistle Also suggested using the little folding stool that used to help get her mum in and out of the back of my Disco 2, but that was treated with equal disdain.
Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated . . . . .

Post #447824 14th Aug 2017 2:51pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

we have always recommended OE sidesteps even if they are secondhand..

buying and fitting the aftermarket steps is a bit hit and miss, some get good ones and others, like yourself, get ones that have to be fettled into place....

i can only suggest that you look at all the videos online and read as many posts here on the forum that relate to sidestep fitting and hopefully you can get yours to look ok... ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #447826 14th Aug 2017 3:02pm
mzplcg

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

As Stan points out, side steps and LR products are a bit hit & miss, genuine only is the way to go even if they are secondhand units. You might try the 4x4 breakers (NOT John Daunter) - places like Equicar. If they have a secondhand set, even if a bit scabby they can be freshened up with a wire brush and some paint.

EBAY might also bring up a few, just be careful they come with bolts and brackets etc.

Post #447829 14th Aug 2017 3:24pm
Mark.abersoch

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Bonatti Grey

I did the same as you. Nightmare

I Had to get a block of wood under it once it was all bolted up and jacked the car up on steps to bring it upto the body. 2009 TDV8 Vogue SE - Bonatti Grey

Post #447918 15th Aug 2017 11:59am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1