Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L405) > Collected Saturday- Few Issues
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
danp03

United Kingdom 
Collected Saturday- Few Issues

Hi All, hoping someone is able to help. I collected my approved used SDV8 Autobiography on Saturday. I've noticed 3 things which are really annoying:

1. There is a constant intermitting whirring noice above 50mph. Almost if it sounds like loud road noise but it's definitely mechanical (from what I can tell) dealer said they heard it (you can't not) but don't know what it is and have requested LR technical for help.

2. When pulling from a junction with any sort of lock on there is a judder/knocking transmission noise.

3. The electric tow bar motor is extremely loud.

Other than that I was hesitant with going for Loire Blue (I'm usually black or grey) but I have to say with ivory interior and the 22s I am delighted.

Post #447893 14th Aug 2017 11:25pm
Basilfawlty

England 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

The SDV8 is definitely mechanically noisier at constant moderate speed than the v6 and again the 22's may exaggerate this but it still seems a bit odd, especially given what the dealer says.

I'd be a little more concerned at judder/knocking as I've never experienced this with any of my L405's. I've got the Loire and Ivory and it's nice, especially when the sun is out and you can see the little flecks of bling in the paint-work. Very much like Santorini in that respect.

If I were you I'd take it back and ask them to sort the matter straight away, whilst they give you a loan car. I'd not be tempted to let time go by, especially with an Approved Used car as the dealers and LR aren't quite as accommodating as they are for new car owners.

Good Luck

Post #447907 15th Aug 2017 9:48am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1