Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > Rear executive class seats or not?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Eirik34

Norway 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey
Rear executive class seats or not?

Anyone going for the executive class rear seats? These are standard on the AB version.

I've come up with the following pro's and con's:
+ Rear seat comfort. Definitely! On longer journeys one can make more distance pr day; share on being the driver, and when not - really relax in the back seat Smile
+ Convenience Fold: Allows you to configure the rear seats via the touchscreen or an app on your smartphone. Convenient!
+ Show-off effect - think of all the fun one can get out of having such rear seats (at least when the "Hot stone massage" have been added as well) when driving unaware friends and family Very Happy
- Takes 200 litre off the loadspace on upright position Sad !! And: will these seats fold as horisontal as the rear bench does?
- Not as comfortable middle rear seat, due to that this will be even narrower?

The question is wheather the executive rear seats are worth the extra comfort and convenience, given the penalty of 200 litre less loadspace?

Post #454204 16th Oct 2017 3:23pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

It depends where you’re sitting.

I looked at the fixed executive seats when I bought mine - they were lovely - and if I had a driver, I’d have had them - but I don’t and I decided my kids were comfortable enough and I’d rather have folding seats and the ability to carry.

To be entirely accurate - I was still very tempted and my wife said no Embarassed

Post #454207 16th Oct 2017 3:50pm
DrF

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Orkney Grey

I would get the Exec Seats without a doubt, and get Jeeves to follow with the luggage. Why on earth would you want to spoil the boot by carrying stuff old bean.

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #454213 16th Oct 2017 4:35pm
Emperor Mong

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 2.0 PHEV Loire Blue

The old executive seating was the kiss of death for resale - not many got ordered. The new one still can seat five - which means it should be ordered by most on the Autobiography.

Where is the 200l of luggage space lost? Is that just that one cannot fold the seats forward any more or is there something new in the boot? I hope it is the former not the latter. The boot is too small for going shooting with a dog already - getting smaller would be a deal breaker for me.

Post #454218 16th Oct 2017 5:26pm
Fat Wolfie

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

The old (pre 2018) executive seats didn’t fold which made them a no go for me. Not often that I need the space but when you do, you do! I rarely take passengers in the back so the standard set up was fine.

I’m not aware of a loss of space in boot with the 2018 exec seats, and from looking at website they seem to fold now.

So if I were speccing a 2018, I’d go for the AB with exec seats.

Post #454219 16th Oct 2017 5:39pm
Eirik34

Norway 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

I think the 200 litre is lost by the 8cm "extra" sturdy back where the back of the rear seats can recline towards (not a good explanation, but I hope you understand). And in this thread http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/post454026.html#454026 its said that the exec seats results in a boot volume loss from 900 to 694 litre (and from 802 to 598 litre for the P400e...).
The executive rear seats should be able to fold forward through the Convenience fold function, but I'm not sure how flat the seats might be folded?

Post #454221 16th Oct 2017 5:54pm
Autobiography

2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

AFAIK, The key differentiator is that whereas on MY11-MY17, the seats folded into the luggage space, on MY18, the full recline area is ‘reserved’ with a fixed bulkhead. Therefore you’ll get no benefit or increased loadspace just by having the seats upright....

Post #454236 16th Oct 2017 8:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1