Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > The London Toxin Charge Diesel FFRR Confused .com
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Print this entire topic · 
anorakmark

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Epsom Green
The London Toxin Charge Diesel FFRR Confused .com

OK so on Monday 23rd October 2017 Mayor of London Sadiq Khan introduced his Toxin Charge for pre euro 4 diesels and certain high polluting petrol engines.
I own a 2004 FFRR TD6 and I'm fully aware mine does not meet the new Toxin Charge, just to confirm I entered my reg plate on the TFL Toxin checker just to confirm & yes my FFRR failed. OK fair enough but...................
My friend owns a 2005 FFRR 4.4 V8 and we checked his and it's compliant?? How can this be, now you ready for the next.......
I previously owned a 1998 Range Rover P38 2.5 DSE. I've just punched in the reg no of this car and hey it's not subject to the charge, how can this be, it's an older car, not euro 4 so why does my FFRR TD6 fail and a V8 4.4 0r a 2.5 DSE not, confused!
Below is what I have copied and pasted from the TFL site. The first one is for my 2004 FFRR TD6, the second one for my friends FFRR 4,4 V8 & the third for my previous P38, 2.5 DSE.
This is certainly modern day highway robbery.

(1)Green LAND ROVER RANGE ROVER VOGUE TD6 AUTO
Thank you for using the T-Charge checker. Your vehicle is subject to the T-Charge if you travel in the central London Congestion Charge zone Monday to Friday between 7am to 6pm, you will be charged £10 a day. This will be in addition to the Congestion Charge.

(2)Silver LAND ROVER RANGEROVER V8 VOGUE SE A
Thank you for using the T-Charge checker. Your vehicle is not subject to the T-Charge.

(3)Blue LAND ROVER RANGEROVER 2.5 DSE AUTO
Thank you for using the T-Charge checker. Your vehicle is subject to the T-Charge but not chargeable.

Any comments most welcome, I'm confused. Big Cry Big Cry
Regards.
Mark.[/i]

Post #455274 25th Oct 2017 6:43pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

confusion with the reg numbers, maybe private plates or the gov computer is having a paddy..

put the type/year/model of vehicle into the tfl website and you'll get a correct response.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #455287 25th Oct 2017 7:18pm
anorakmark

Really confused Stan, just typed in the details for my old P38 and got this back.

You said your vehicle is:
Car
Registered before 1 January 2001

You are subject to the T-Charge
You do not meet the Euro 4 standard. From 23 October 2017 you will be charged £10 a day in addition to the Congestion Charge to travel in the Congestion Charge zone Monday to Friday 7am to 6pm

Strange if I put in the reg no it says the vehicle is not compliant, but not subject to the charge, here is the full details.

LAND ROVER RANGE ROVER
MOT valid until
18 July 2018

Registration
R***N**
Get a reminder email when the vehicle's MOT is near its time for renewal. (Opens in a new Window)
Fuel type
Diesel
Colour
Blue
Date registered
31 December 1998

Thank you for using the T-Charge checker. Your vehicle is subject to the T-Charge but not chargeable.

You do not have to pay the T-Charge for one of the following reasons:

You have submitted satisfactory evidence to us, confirming that your vehicle meets at least the Euro 4 / IV standard (Euro 3 if you are a motorised tricycle or quadricycle).

Your vehicle does not meet the emissions standards, but it is exempt from the T-Charge due to its tax class.

Your vehicle does not meet the emissions standards, but it is registered for the Low Emission Zone 100 percent Showman's discount.

Please remember you are still subject to the central London Congestion Charge. You can pay the Congestion Charge here

Regards.
Mark.

Post #455289 25th Oct 2017 7:27pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

sounds like their computer isnt recognising your old style reg??? ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #455291 25th Oct 2017 7:35pm
anorakmark

Hope so Stan, I feel hard done by Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Still can't understand how my friend's 4.4 V8 is not subject to the charge, I know it's petrol but I would have thought it would have been.
Just hoping they don't start to sting us in the home counties, dammed if I be paying £20 a day to drive into Maidstone or Rochester Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Regards.
Mark.

Post #455292 25th Oct 2017 7:38pm
anorakmark

Yep it's deffo a glitch, I went onto auto trader and typed in a few reg no's of P38 models, all showing as non compliant. All the petrol V8 models are still compliant. good news for all petrol heads, bad news for us oil burners. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Post #455293 25th Oct 2017 7:47pm
NVB

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Cairns Blue

Just a thought. Your P38 is not in the disabled taxation class, is it? RR History
1988 2.4td Classic 1999 to 2020
1992 3.9efi Westminster Classic 2004-2005
2005MY L322 3.0TD6 Vogue 2016 to current

Post #455299 25th Oct 2017 8:39pm
anorakmark

To be honest I'm not sure as I sold it 5 years ago. I was just curious as my friend who has a ffrr 4.4 V8 is T Charge exempt so I checked my current ffrr TD6 Vogue . I guess there could be a possibility that the taxation class may have changed on my old P38.
Regards Mark.

Post #455301 25th Oct 2017 8:50pm
chawks

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Alveston Red

There’s a discussion exactly the same going on the RR sport forum. My 1994 Ford Iveco 4ltr Diesel horse lorry is stealth tax free in central London too Very Happy
Apparently this is because the lorry was built before emissions were recorded (if I remember correctly) TFL cannot charge for as they don’t know exactly what emissions it throws out. It’s certainly more than modern Diesel engines Laughing . My 02 V8 is also tax exempt - possibly due to running on LPG.
There was also a discussion that cars that have had or have private plates on confuse their database so some are ok some not. Sounds like a farce to me !

Post #455305 25th Oct 2017 9:36pm
Emperor Mong

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 2.0 PHEV Loire Blue

Someone typed in the reg no for an Abbott Self-Propelled Gun. No extra charge.

Post #455307 25th Oct 2017 9:41pm
Philip

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

The TfL database is hopelessly inaccurate - loads of things which aren’t Euro 4 are showing as exempt, and vice versa.

Post #455316 25th Oct 2017 10:32pm
Balloonengineer

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Orkney Grey

I just had a look
Interestingly my 27 mpg 54 plate FFRR allegedly meets the standard and it has no charge

Note the web page caveat though "The classification of your vehicle may change if Transport for London receives information regarding its emissions that shows it does not comply with the T- Charge emissions standards."

However my 50+ mpg Jaguar newer 05 plate does not meet the standard and is chargeable........

Best wishes
Glen

Post #455321 25th Oct 2017 11:18pm
anorakmark

I think this kind of sums up its purely a stealth tax. Let's face it if Sadiq Khan was that bothered about diesel pollution why only apply the charges mon-fri 07:00 until 18:00. Surely it would be 7 days a week, 24hrs. Absolutely disgusting. And soon it will move out to the home counties. In a nut shell we are doomed. I guess I be looking for a second hand, one previous owner Unigate milk float Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #455329 26th Oct 2017 5:44am
mzplcg

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

Sadass Khack has way too much to answer for here. If this was about cleaning up the city's air then it would be a ban on the highest polluting vehicles. There is no such ban so that only leaves the theory of plundering people's wallets.

And if you want further evidence of how unrelated to emissions this is look no further than this example.
My car - 2005 Skoda Superb 1.9 TDi. 130bhp. Has to pay the extra tenner.
Mate's car. 2007 Skoda Superb 1.9 TDI. 130bhp. Does not have to pay the extra tenner.
Exactly the same car, same engine, same emissions!

Now, does this ban exclude older aircraft with higher polluting engines from landing at Heathrow or London City?
Does it ban all the older black cabs which have the 2.7 diesel ?
Does it ban buses which have the older (non compliant) engines? (every Routemaster ever built + lots of newer stuff as well)
How about diesel trains?

NO? Right, so it clearly has sod all to do with air quality then.

Someone assassinate the idiot please.

Post #455331 26th Oct 2017 7:43am
Zeb

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Tonga Green

TFL (as opposed to just the mayor) have, as with any Govt computer system, completely cocked it up...there are loads of examples of cars that are not compliant being down as compliant and even examples of Euro 6 compliant hybrids coming up as not compliant...the system is currently a mess and completely untrustworthy so proceed with caution if you are mad eniugh to want to drive in central London..whatever the vehicle.

Post #455332 26th Oct 2017 7:55am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>