Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L405) > MY17 - My18 infotainment upgrade
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 7 <1234567>
Print this entire topic · 
AndyS

United Kingdom 

Go on Chalky...I dare you to give them positive feedback Rolling with laughter They'll be stunned Very Happy

Post #498717 15th Dec 2018 11:36am
Chalky

United Kingdom 

Now 12.50pm Saturday, still no call...brilliant customer service! All LR cars from 1984
2021.5 Vogue SE D300 Carpathian Grey
2018 Vogue SE British Racing Green GONE

Post #498726 15th Dec 2018 12:52pm
RRTIM

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Causeway Grey

I confirm that there was no charge for my upgrade, which included the Apple Carplay option... 2017 Range Rover SDV8 Vogue SE
2018 Audi RS6
2018 VW Amarok V6 255

Post #498996 18th Dec 2018 8:54am
Jase71

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Santorini Black

Looks like 18D software update has hit the streets and addresses the remote start/apple car play issue but I'm not sure any of the LR garages know about it:

https://www.ovalnews.com/2018/12/incontrol...notes.html

Apple CarPlay
If customer disconnects a session for the device the touchscreen will no longer freeze on the CarPlay screen.
A customer will no longer need to press the CarPlay tile twice to get to the CarPlay screen.
Customers using CarPlay will now see the correct media artwork where available.
Customers will be able to launch CarPlay or InControl Apps (ICA) in the same ignition cycle after starting vehicle using remote engine start.
CarPlay will no longer be deactivated after unmuting audio on the vehicle.

Post #499011 18th Dec 2018 10:48am
AndyS

United Kingdom 

Blimey, they've been busy. Lots of upgrades on there and must help with stability of the overall system. Shame mine's only just been done with the old 18C last week Big Cry

Post #499020 18th Dec 2018 12:59pm
nubbin

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

Just rung my dealer and been told there are no updates coming from JLR, which is clearly incorrect. As AndyS says, looks like the dealers have not been informed yet. I'll put a note in my diary to contact them after Christmas.

I was going to book in to get the Android Auto/smartphone pack installed, but I'm not paying £200 when it's likely to be included in this update.

Last edited by nubbin on 19th Dec 2018 7:06pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #499042 18th Dec 2018 4:44pm
Chalky

United Kingdom 

Yours is a newer car than mine Nubbin so it should be free (mine was)!! DON'T LET THEM FOB YOU OFF!!! All LR cars from 1984

Post #499047 18th Dec 2018 5:39pm
nubbin

Thanks Chalky I'll bear that in mind. There is clearly an update on the way, so it being Christmas an'all that, nothing will happen until at least Mid-January, so I'll keep chasing them.

Post #499103 19th Dec 2018 12:08am
Huwrhys

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Mines due in on the 21st of Jan, I'll ensure it's the 18D update.

Post #499446 22nd Dec 2018 7:27pm
nubbin

I'm currently sitting at home waiting for the call to tell me my software update has been completed. I've had a few very minor glitches in the system - cameras bugging out until I restarted the car, one side step stayed out when I locked up, shortcuts on "My Home Screen" all piling up and having to be moved back in to position, and one or two other "Gone on reboot" issues. I will report back later on the effects, and in particular the smartphone upgrade and any suggestion of charging me ( I won't be paying!)

UPDATE 4:05pm - Android auto has been added! Hooray! Unfortunately another element of the update failed and has to be done again, so I can't get the car back until tomorrow. Boo!

More later.... Mr. Green

Post #501988 18th Jan 2019 12:10pm
Chalky

United Kingdom 

Which element didn't they do? Was it 18D they used for the update? All LR cars from 1984

Post #502023 18th Jan 2019 5:19pm
nubbin

Yes it is the 18D although the dealers don't use the term apparently. The failed element is a part of the infotainment upgrade which contains the software for the deployable steps. Hopefully should have it sorted by tomorrow lunch time....

Looking forward to seeing what Android Auto has to offer.

Post #502058 19th Jan 2019 12:15am
Chalky

United Kingdom 

If it's like Apple Carplay then it's good. I've heard that Android is better!! All LR cars from 1984

Post #502086 19th Jan 2019 10:18am
nubbin

All done, Android Auto and Apple carplay installed. All is well on the software front. AA integrates very well, but to be honest is a bit clunky, and uses Google Music as the audio app, so does not show albums or artists, just "playlists". I was never an ipod man, so playlists are not my thing - when I was a lad, playlists were what was written on the back of a record sleeve!

However, I have it should I need it. It was free. Plus it made me discover this (quoted from my orders topic) -

Quote:
I am currently Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad absolutely fuming, mixed with a possible dash of acquired gormlessness. Embarassed I have just got my car back after the 18D update (android Auto/Apple Carplay for free thankyou very much!) and noticed a new vibration through the steering wheel that wasn't there before, and a noise almost like a window was slightly open from the rear of the car. I thought maybe there's something caught under the car, so had a look when I got home. Nothing amiss underneath. As I stood up I noticed the offside rear tyre looked smoother than I recall, and had a closer look - it's a Fecking Pirelli P Zero!!! So I've got 3 Scorpion Verde, and a P Zero!!!They must have oredered, and put on the wrong tyre when I had a puncture, and for some reason (road conditions, air temperature, whatever) I have only just noticed the noise.

I have rung my dealer, and they have checked the work schedule, and it does indeed say "P ZR" on the computer.

FFS, I was very clear which tyres were on my car, and one glance would show the wrong tyre on the car. So now, I have to go back next week once they have ordered a tyre, to have it replaced!

I suppose you could say I should have noticed earlier, but I think the cold weather has changed the nature of the P Zero, which is after all a summer tyre, but it is a bit dangerous to have that mix of tyres on the car!

Post #502119 19th Jan 2019 2:02pm
Huwrhys

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Mines due in today for a service and the upgrade to 18c (Now D) and received a call on Saturday to tell me the loaner isn't available until much later in the day and the software would be subject to a charge of one hours labour. I responded by explaining that it was LRCS who told me to ask for the upgrade as the current In Control Apps were unstable. I keep losing connectivity with the system (Try again message) and the Sat Nav map on the dash idea keeps blacking out. They said that in that case it would be a no charge upgrade as it was to cure an existing issue. I still have to drop the car off and now have my wife coming so she can drop me back. A huge cost in reality which more than compensates them for any cost they incur. I should have told them to collect the car and drop it back.
I'll report back when the days antics unfold.

Post #502267 21st Jan 2019 7:29am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 7 <1234567>