Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Starting to get feelings about selling my FF
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

If thats how it makes you feel then i would say dump it! Lifes too short my friend......

Post #463031 2nd Jan 2018 4:53pm
Paulus1978

England 2008 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black

If you aren't happy in it, you're only going to put off driving it and then it just becomes an expensive driveway ornament.

Maybe try out the SVR if you want something sportier (seeing as you mention the x5m)? The current shape Cayenne is much nicer than the godawful thing it launched as, and of course there's always a Jeep Grand Cherokee if you want something really different. Not sure any of them really score for reliability though.

Post #463033 2nd Jan 2018 5:08pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

Unnecessary quote removed

I don’t think I’m qualified to offer advice if u have had a 100 Cars , so unqualified comment follows Whistle

Have had three ffrr, always bought them with dealers mileage’s, 500/1500 for the last two.. so anything that wants to rattle will of been resolved... I got a massive 30 percent off last time.. I rathersuspect they made a pricing mistake...hey ho. The trouble with the new diesel is they have reduced the size of the tank to 84l or so, and that really bugs me... means the Range is less, 450miles or so, I suspect the range for the petrol will be similar as I believe the tank is bigger, although you will need to use the tow bar to pull a tanker Rolling with laughter . That said the news coming out is co2 output is ticking up as more new Cars are petrol, so the devils fuel may be an angel after all especially as the nox levels are more or less the same as for petrol. I think Electric self driven cars may be my next option, but that’s five years away for me.

Just happy as Larry with 4.4L of superb diesel power...suits me , but horses for courses. Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #463035 2nd Jan 2018 5:13pm
Vogue

United Kingdom 

Drive an L405 for a day - that will make your mind up one way or the other - the difference to an L322 is like night and day 2021 L405 Vogue SE 4.4 V8 DIESEL ~ #17

Post #463052 2nd Jan 2018 6:36pm
Gumball3000

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Zermatt Silver

Unfortunately my budget doesn't run to a 405.

Post #463054 2nd Jan 2018 6:39pm
Paul thornton

United Kingdom 

See they're getting into the 30k range now. High 30's mind!

Post #463073 2nd Jan 2018 8:07pm
bembo449

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Adriatic Blue

prices don't appear to be holding as well as the L322 shape ?

Post #463075 2nd Jan 2018 8:12pm
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

sounds Like you have just had a duff one.

It happens. Mine has been pretty much as good as gold over the last couple of years. Had some oils leaks tended to and a non LR bodywork issue (odd bit of damage which had been repaired and blistered through) but apart from that it’s been good as gold touch wood.

In my mind though you seem to have tackled most of the main issues that a 4.4 can have, ergo it should now be a more sorted car, so I wouldn’t worry about it breaking too much, just get good AA cover.....in case.

I am in a similar boat to you, in that I have a big tin tent to tow, an estate will do it fine but the FF is better, and tbh my disco is slow but in the same territory stability wise. The sporty SUV’s rarely feature in tow tests, but their firm suspension should make them good tow barges, but I don’t buy that, A fast x5 will happily pull a heavy van but I reckon overly firm suspension will make it fidgety in comparison with the FF.

Depending on finances, if you want to experiment I would get an cheap X5 sport (engine doesn’t matter) and run it alongside the FF for a few months. Then decide which you like best. And when you decide to sell the x5 at least you will have a cheap version of the most popular model to offload and won’t lose much on it. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #463079 2nd Jan 2018 8:23pm
Basilfawlty

England 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

It's an awful feeling to have an unreliable car and I empathise with you. I'd guess that it's next owner will probably buy a fairly reliable, sorted car but there's never any certainty with reliability. That said, the other two cars that you mention are hardly trouble free and lots of it is down to bad luck I'm afraid.

I'd buy the one that makes you feel most special. Others in these pages have already said it but a very large SUV with a very quick engine is not for everyone, and I speak as having the shortest ownership of an Audi SQ7 in history.

For what it's worth the VW Touareg is a reliable car and a lot better than people may suggest. I had the 2012 4.0 V8 TDI, the newer one that was more powerful than the the V10 and it was a peach (hence the reason for buying the SQ7). It had lots of kit, was totally reliable, went like stink and was even pretty economical. They are pretty rare but in your price range, I'd suspect Thumbs Up 2016 SDV8 Autobiography
And several others previously.

Post #463082 2nd Jan 2018 9:08pm
ajac8

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Baltic Blue

Paul thornton wrote:
See they're getting into the 30k range now. High 30's mind!

Not sure I'd spend nearly 40k on 405 with 80k on the clock. Potentially asking for much of the same problem Gumball is already experiencing.

It does seem like time for a change thou. 405 AB exec seats Baltic and Cirrus
93 RR Classic efi

Remember it's easier to get forgiveness than permission!

Gone in order:
4.4 TDV8 SE - gone to a good home
93 Classic hard dash Plymouth Blue
03 L322 Oslo Blue
2000 Disco TD5 ES Epsom Green
98 P38 Rioja Red
89 Classic Cairngorm Brown

Post #463094 2nd Jan 2018 11:00pm
bleeperman

2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Balmoral Blue

Been there done it, it true these motors are not for the light hearted. There is a lot wrong with them but much more right with them! Once on top of the problems and with good DIY sense, knowing when to and not to and with help on here the FFRR takes a lot of beating. Wink

Post #463128 3rd Jan 2018 12:08pm
kgeddes

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Causeway Grey

I’ve just traded in an X5 MSport diesel which I bought from a main dealer - during the first 9 months I had the following issues:

Late 2012, 62,000 miles, one previous owner.

1. All brakes and discs had to be replaced due to a constant squealing noise....4 visits to have resolved!
2. EGR valve failed and had to be replaced after the vehicle was recovered to the dealer - the repaired vehicle was returned to me on a recovery vehicle a few days later - a hired car was supplied to me during this time.
3. The o/s/r led light had to be replaced due to water ingress.
4. BMW were unable to trace slight water ingress into the n/s/r of the vehicle.
5. After a huge battle (at director level) BMW replaced the leather seat base cover and foam on the driver seat due to the ‘leather’ splitting.

The above cost them a small fortune! Shocked

I paid ‘top dollar’ for the X5 through the dealer and thankfully it came with an excellent warranty.

Nice vehicle to drive but the suspension was dreadful - I felt every bump in the road! The FFRR is vastly superior in every way.

Keep the FFRR, you’ll want another one soon if you change it! Very Happy

Post #463156 3rd Jan 2018 4:42pm
Gumball3000

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Zermatt Silver

Thanks very much to everyone for your input, i am going to see how it goes over the next few months and make a decision then. Its behaving itself atm so fingers crossed.

Post #463160 3rd Jan 2018 5:22pm
Doonhamer

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Santorini Black

As a recent convert to the Range Rover clan, I'm not overly qualified from a a comparison point of view, and I'll be lucky (unlucky?) if I've owned 25 cars, never mind the 100 you've had. My advice, for what it's worth? In the immortal words of one Leroy Jethro Gibbs . . . "Go with your gut!" Better to have gone for something you think you want - whether it fails or succeeds - than to be sitting in a chair in a few years's time, thinking to yourself "If only I'd had a . . . "! L322 TDV8 4.4 - current
L322 TD6 - sold
Disco 2 TD5 - sold
Suzuki Grand Vitara XL7 - sold
Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8 - part ex'd
Hyundai Santa Fe 2.0 td - sold
Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8 - sold

Post #463200 3rd Jan 2018 8:27pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

There is no better tonic than hiring a basic car, say a Peugeot or a Ford for a day or seven, and then getting back into your fattie for a sweet ride. Whereupon all will be forgiven and you’ll wonder why you flirted with this idea in the first place.

Post #463334 4th Jan 2018 9:07pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>