Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Headlight Opening/Painting
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
NC_4x4

United States 2009 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Java Black
Headlight Opening/Painting

Hey all, my name's Jackson, and I'm from Eastern North Carolina by the beach.

I have a 2009 Range Rover Supercharged that was passed down to me from my mom for my graduation, and coming from a Diesel GMC Denali Truck - this is a truly amazing vehicle. On my past truck, I had customized the headlights (baked them and painted the inside white to match the truck), to give it at truly custom appearance.

I am in the process of blacking out my L322, and also got a custom exhaust fitted to it (this coming Summer, I am hoping to have it dropped off at the Overfinch shop they have opened a few hours away for some interior upgrades). I have ordered 2012 tail lights from Powerful UK which are to be installed whenever they arrive. I am not new to customization, but I just wanted to know how to get these headlights apart. I plan on painting the primer-grey insides a satin black and am toying with also smoking out the reflector. But to do that, I have to get these headlights apart. I just want to make sure that they can normally be baked, and if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. I have searched high and low all over the Internet, and can't get a straight answer from anyone, and anyone who has done it before who I have contacted is a shop and just wants my money Twisted Evil . If someone could please tell me how to get these apart (yes I know the ballast will have to removed etc), it would be greatly appreciated.

If someone can help me out, I would be more than happy to post a DIY thread while doing it myself so that it is much easier for everyone else in the future.

On a side note, I truly love this L322 truck, and it served me well this past bear/deer hunting season, and is continuing to do so during our ongoing Duck season. I am especially grateful that removing things such as the grille, headlights, tail lights, etc, are just as easy if not easier than on my previous truck, and certainly way easier than any other European SUV. Land Rover really does build a vehicle made for the owners. Other than the fact that we've probably spent 25,000 on repairs and servicing since it was brand new, there are absolutely no issues/regrets with this truck. You have to pay to play I guess.

Post #464066 10th Jan 2018 9:23pm
rar110

Australia 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand

G’day mate
2009 SC is a nice vehicle.
There is a tutorial on here for that. Do a search or look through the wiki. 👍
Good luck. ______________________________
Vogue tdv8 08MY poverty pack - wow

Post #464069 10th Jan 2018 9:33pm
NC_4x4

United States 2009 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Java Black

Thank you so much! Will go look for it now! Could not find a straight up answer on if it's the same as with the RR Sports etc or even a guide for those either. I'll take your word cheers man!

Edit: I can only seem to find it for the 2002-2005 Rovers which I knew was just clips. I don't think the 06-09s have just clips from looking at it. The weather is getting better this weekend so I may toy around with it (it's been under 0 Celsius (20* fahrenheit most days) which for North Carolina standards, is extremely cold, usually 60 fahrenheit around this time of year by the coast). I think that they started doing glue around the lens on 06-09s. Either way, if I can't figure it out by this weekend expect a DIY sometime soon with however I ended up making it work!

Thumbs Up

Post #464105 11th Jan 2018 1:09am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1