Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Dealership & Service Feedback > Stratstone Aylesbury - avoid!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
911SF

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black
Stratstone Aylesbury - avoid!

A big mistake taking my car there!

A week ago I had it booked in for an 11am appointment to fix a coolant leak. I arrive on time, planned to wait while the work was done as no courtesy car was available, but they didn't have the staff to look at the car on time. I eventually leave in a taxi and call at 4pm - car still not in the workshop. Later that day it was looked at and I was advised a new water pump is needed - not a problem.

The problem is, the parts arrived two days later, but they can't get a booking confirmation AT ALL right now. Not this week, not next week, the car is just sitting there and they can't provide ANY commitment on when they will do the work.

Courtesy car or a demo car? No Chance - a minimum 5 week wait for one of those!

I never have such problems with my Audi or Porsche dealerships - who are not perfect but do have some degree of management!

Post #455788 31st Oct 2017 6:07pm
Vogue

United Kingdom 

I'd make them deliver it to an alternative dealer who can do the work - and take it up with LR 2021 L405 Vogue SE 4.4 V8 DIESEL ~ #17

Post #455793 31st Oct 2017 6:44pm
NobbyC

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Buckingham Blue

And you'll pay absolutely silly money going there. I'd strongly recommend John Dennis 4x4 just outside Aylesbury (johndennis4x4.co.uk 01296 640750). Superb service imho and at much better prices plus they always seem to have parts that Stratstones don't and also provide courtesy cars as well as a collection and delivery service at no extra cost. Always trust them to look after my cars well

Post #455799 31st Oct 2017 7:43pm
markcartlidge

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

I have never used them for service and never would. Bunch of arrogant !!!!!! in the show room. I havent used John Dennis but they are 2 miles up the road from strastone. You could also use Cowleys at whaddon.

Post #455831 1st Nov 2017 10:12am
911SF

Thanks gents for the advice - I shall give John Dennis a call Smile

Post #455874 1st Nov 2017 5:17pm
Freddie The Fish

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover SE 4.4 V8 Fuji White

I used to use them but moved to Woodside independent in maulden beds...... cheaper by far, know land rovers inside out and friendly customer service.

Post #455891 1st Nov 2017 8:06pm
babagee

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

I wonder if Stratstone Aylesbury know about the negative feedback?
Not a lot they can do if blind to the situation or maybe they don't give a flying feck 2009 Stornoway Grey Vogue TDV8

Post #455904 1st Nov 2017 9:37pm
chugga90

United Kingdom 

Doubt they give a hoot, tried buying a new D3 commercial from them ten or eleven years ago. Because I was in work clothes and did not look able to pay for it, they did not take me seriously and lost me as a customer.
Utter shower of dung!

Post #455955 2nd Nov 2017 4:45pm
JCW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Sumatra Black

...General feedback aligns with my personal experience with Stratstone, albeit Cheltenham, the dealer principal there refused repeatedly to take or return my calls, in order I could provide feedback to help him improve his dealerships appalling service, says it all. Any business showing less than zero interest in listening to their paying customers deserves to go bust, quite how Stratstone continues to survive is beyond me.

Post #455957 2nd Nov 2017 5:21pm
NobbyC

chugga90 wrote:
Doubt they give a hoot, tried buying a new D3 commercial from them ten or eleven years ago. Because I was in work clothes and did not look able to pay for it, they did not take me seriously and lost me as a customer.
Utter shower of dung!

Exactly the same with me back in 2002, when I started to outline the exact spec for the vehicle I wanted the salesman actually said he thought it would be a little outside of my pay scale!! Twisted Evil Went elsewhere got what I wanted and paid cash - Stratstones loss Very Happy . I didn't learn cos a few years later I took my fatty to them for the free brake hose recall. When done they said that they'd also carried out a full health check of the car for me and all was well and then asked for £165 for the pleasure Shocked Censored Won't see me again even if they're the last dealers on earth

Post #455964 2nd Nov 2017 6:58pm
rodp

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

And you paid them ???

Post #455971 2nd Nov 2017 7:42pm
NobbyC

No way - but it took a bit of time and finally some choice words with the dealer principle to get them to hand over my keys.

Post #456171 4th Nov 2017 7:58pm
911SF

babagee wrote:
I wonder if Stratstone Aylesbury know about the negative feedback?
Not a lot they can do if blind to the situation or maybe they don't give a flying feck

They are aware after my phone calls - but I doubt they care!

Post #456265 5th Nov 2017 6:34pm
911SF

I finally have resolved this.

A big thanks to all who suggested John Dennis - excellent service from them!

Startstone told me the coolant leak would be fixed by replacing the water pump. They told me they ordered the new water pump, gave me the delivery date, and then waited a couple of extra weeks to fit said water pump due to a backlog with their workshop. Whilst the car was with them they refused to provide a loan / demo / ANY courtesy car.

Despite advice from the forum I left it with Stratstone as they already had the car. Eventually they did the work and retuned the car to me. Two days later, coolant is all over my driveway and the "coolant level low" alert is back on the dash. I drive back to Stratstone Aylesbury, they look at the car and tell me they need to do all sorts of work, hours and hours worth, including removing the supercharger to fix it! BUT they are too understaffed to book it in immediately and again will not provide me a loan car. I had many questions, based on what John Dennis had suggested over the phone, and Stratstone eventually admitted they never ordered a new water pump - they just changed a connection at the back of it!

Long story short, in my opinion they tried to con me, it didn't work, and they have agreed to refund me in full for the payment I made (just short of £600)

I went straight to John Dennis. No appointment, but they looked at the car immediately, and fixed the problem! It was nothing to do with the water pump, and as it was a quick fix, they didn't even charge me!

I will now be taking all my Range Rovers to John Dennis for servicing and repairs and I will NEVER spend ANY money at ANY Stratstone - a shame for them as I am considering placing an order for a brand new 2018 5.0 SC - which now will NOT be from my local official dealership!

Smile

Last edited by 911SF on 16th Nov 2017 5:19pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #457422 15th Nov 2017 7:07pm
NobbyC

Thumbs Up

Post #457475 16th Nov 2017 10:00am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>