Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Reverse camera
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Simran0211

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Santorini Black
Reverse camera

Hi I have touched on this subject before with regards to the rear camera I have managed to get a NTSC one but it still fails to operate and is stuck in the fault mode of pal I’m including some pictures of what the camera is doing This is driving me mad 😡 any help will be greatly appreciated kind regards

Post #465976 25th Jan 2018 1:20pm
Grofus

Ireland 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zermatt Silver

Seems an obvious thing to say but it looks like it needs pointing down a bit!!! 2007 Vogue TDV8 in Zermatt Silver with Charcoal

Post #466042 25th Jan 2018 10:31pm
Grofus

Ireland 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zermatt Silver

What sort of camera is it. I've read somewhere else on here that only an NTSC camera will work properly. Plus, if the camera is designed to be mounted in a lower position then the lines will never be right as it will be operating at the wrong angle. The lines are produced by the camera so you can cut the wire that produces them. 2007 Vogue TDV8 in Zermatt Silver with Charcoal

Post #466045 25th Jan 2018 10:54pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

I'd say that your NTSC camera is PAL, I don't suppose you brought it direct from Ping Ponk, they have a nasty habit of listing one thing and supplying something that looks right, but might have the wrong guts for the job..

And as has been pointed out you're looking a bit too much skyward, unless low flying aircraft are of a concern, in which case perfect!!

I'd be talking to your supplier about a refund, or a proper NTSC camera... If you get a refund then I'd recommend that you buy from a UK supplier, and preferably a company rather than a Fred in a shed on fleabay Thumbs Up Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!
Inventor of the 'Guide-o-Matic automatic wheel alignment tool'
Former long term L322 owner, Up/Down graded to a Classic Tractor!

Post #466091 26th Jan 2018 12:26pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

Something like this might sort the problem https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PAL-to-NTSC-NTS...SwgspZsSoZ
they are a third of that price from china, but there is the delay, and be careful cos a lot of the UK ones are 14 day delivery... sure sign that it's in China, not the UK!
And there is the obvious headache of powering it, as it's USB, so 5v.... but they are a lot of 12v to UBS adaptors out there! Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!

Post #466094 26th Jan 2018 12:52pm
Simran0211

I had the tailgate up at the time but I’m not far away from Birmingham international Laughing oh and did buy it from mr Wong from flea bay that will teach me. Thankyou all for your reply’s I will have s look at the splitter and will let you know how I get on with it Thumbs Up

Post #466206 27th Jan 2018 12:32am
miggit

United Kingdom 

It was just a thought, cos it's pot luck with what you buy and what you actually recieve.. if that little box sorts it, it'll save a heap of reworking Thumbs Up Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!

Post #466222 27th Jan 2018 9:46am
uzp315

I had a similar situation. For my third attempt to get this right - I bought this one and it has worked fine.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Night-Vision-Rea...2749.l2649

The reason I chose this one, paying nearly five times as much as some of the others, was that there is a phone number in the UK - I rang them, and they confirmed that it was a NTSC (ONLY) camera.

The previous camera I had bought was described as a NTSC camera, but was actually PAL/NTSC switchable - but not described as such in the advert. eBay gave me a £10 voucher because "My previous orer had been unsatisfactory) and the previous seller refunded my £5.99. Meaning this camera was only £9 for me - hope this all helps.

Mark

Post #466308 28th Jan 2018 10:29am
miggit

United Kingdom 

Whistle I've seen a few of these "NTSC/PAL Switchable" cameras.... but I've never found a bloody switch Evil or Very Mad Having said that I haven't found one that has English instructions either, at the best it's Engrish Laughing Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!

Post #466311 28th Jan 2018 10:38am
uzp315

Hi Miggit Smile I think the switchable is automatic.

As for instructions, I just took it as 1) red and black are power (+ve and -ve) In the second wire there is - yellow I assumed signal and second black is ground. The Engrish was not much use to me either, in fact the "Nomenclature" part was just completely pointless for me and there wasn't much else.

So my advice for those wanting to replace the camera - go for one of these, or another you can get assurance on is not switchable, but solely NTSC, fit it and solder the four connections. It requires a little jiggery-pokery but pretty straightforward and so cheap. I saw the land rover part for sale on ebay for £400 new. Add in land rover hourly rate and it is easy approaching a £700 job. Or, £5- £25 and an hour of ones time with a spanner and a soldering iron.

Post #466318 28th Jan 2018 11:11am
miggit

United Kingdom 

That I think is the trouble the NTSC/PAL switching is automatic, or imaginary, and it don't do BMW / LR Banging Head
If you are going to fit one of these cameras it must be NTSC only, so read all the blurb twice and if it say PAL anywhere in the description walk away and find another! Unless someone is brave enough to try one of those converters.. £15 is better than taking the whole car apart again!

Annoyingly for you chaps that have to suffer a later type ffrr, you've either got to be very careful about your replacement camera, or be prepared to do a few swaps... Which the BMW system doesn't have to suffer with as there is Diagnostic equipment that can switch between PAL/NTSC.... Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!

Post #466363 28th Jan 2018 6:21pm
Knightmare

England 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Barolo Black

I too have done this switch several times, but to no avail. I've ordered NTSC only (apparently) and got the same black and white distorted image. So I did it again and order a PAL camera only to end up with the same outcome. What's annoying is when you switch the signal via the diagnostic menu, it works fine...just doesn't stay set obviously.

Don't really fancy fitting a third party switcher as well, so for my 3rd attempt, I've just ordered the 'NTSC only' camera via Mark's link above...I'll let you know how I get on.

If there is an upside to all of this, its that my soldering efforts have improved greatly Thumbs Up Life is what happens while you�re making other plans.

Post #466455 29th Jan 2018 12:06pm
uzp315

Maybe worth giving them a quick call too ? Just to make it clear it needs to be NTSC? Phone number is on the ebay ad. Goodluck.

Post #466488 29th Jan 2018 6:02pm
Simran0211

I feel that way aswell please let me know if you have any luck cheers

Post #466669 30th Jan 2018 10:15pm
jaysta10k

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

The thing is the guys in UK are buying the exact same ones anyway see all the images that they are using from our favourite sellers in China or Hong Kong and selling them on for 5 times the price so little bit of common sense to be used here! Worth a punt at £4.90 with free delivery! Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 SDV8 SVO Stying Pack
Audi A4 2.7 TDI S Line Black Edition phantomn black
Previous Cars
Range Rover Vogue SE Overfinch Styling 22" Elara's full black stealth colour coded
Java black Range Rover sport 2.7 TDV6
Alaska white Range Rover sport overfinch 3.6 TDV8
BMW M3 Carbon Black

Post #467108 3rd Feb 2018 1:09pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>