Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > First used FY18 for sale?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
Vogue

United Kingdom 

But that's the whole point - you couldn't see the tail pipes on a 405 before - it looked far more subtle 2021 L405 Vogue SE 4.4 V8 DIESEL ~ #17

Post #468005 10th Feb 2018 4:25pm
Red Merle

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

Considering that the “exhausts” are only cosmetic, I wonder if they could be removed and thrown on a shelf somewhere at the back of the garage? Alternatively, perhaps they could be painted/refinished in a dark colour to make them less indiscreet?

On Disco 3’s and 4’s, tail lamps could be changed very easily. I wonder if the original rear lamps could be retrofitted on the MY18 RR? Has anyone noticed that the tail lamps have lost the side marker light, so the forward pointing “tendril” is now just blank black plastic?

Post #468032 10th Feb 2018 7:42pm
Vogue

United Kingdom 

Yes they look horrid - even worse on a light coloured car 2021 L405 Vogue SE 4.4 V8 DIESEL ~ #17

Post #468035 10th Feb 2018 8:12pm
Phil.

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

I think they will look fine on dark coloured RR’s. MY23 D350 HSE
On my 7th RR plus various other JLR vehicles

Post #468045 10th Feb 2018 10:44pm
Eirik34

Norway 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

I just hope that the exhaust from the 4 cylinder P400e engine are fed to both tail pipes. If the exhaust only are fed to one of them (like the BMW xDrive40e, which also have 2 tail pipes, but one of them is just fake for that particular engine), then I think LR have made a embarrassing design flaw with the new P400e version of the L405.

Last edited by Eirik34 on 11th Feb 2018 1:37pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #468049 11th Feb 2018 12:03am
Andy355

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Having looked at a showroom car i thought the new grill and lights make the car worse looking and the interior stuff slightly better
Thinking of trading up from sdv8 to a dynamic but guaranteed to lose 60k over 3 years even from discounted start price

Post #468091 11th Feb 2018 12:21pm
Philip

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

Not a fan of the flashy exhausts, and I don’t like the new “technical” grille either. The squarer shape of the DRLs makes the car look less friendly too, and I’m really not a fan of the curved spoke look of most of the new wheels.

Post #468102 11th Feb 2018 12:56pm
CSK

France 2013 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Causeway Grey

I like the new design apart from the new chrome tailpipe surrounds, they mimick those found on other SUV's like the Mercedes ML, they look gimmicky. I wonder if it would be possible to have them in black or have them treated post-delivery in black so that they would "blend in" more.
I think technically and technologically the car is much improved, the infotainment, the new optional laser headlights but also the Comfort and Dynamic settings of the suspension on the Terrain Response system is a useful upgrade over the previous model where you had no choice.
I'd like to read some reviews of the new 2018 model, very surprising the car hasn't been reviewed yet, apart from the prototype PHEV version (which didn't come out as being very good!). Can't wait for the press to get their hands on the rest of the model range to make a final judgement.

Post #468283 12th Feb 2018 3:15pm
Huwrhys

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

I sat in one whilst in Exeter recently (Byron Blue Vogue at Matford LR) which I was really impressed with from both a comfort and infotainment perspective. I only sat down for two minutes but immediately found the seat to be well padded and supportive in all the right places. The Infotainment looked very good and not too distracting as I suspected it may be. The two minute play had me falling for it, if only it worked reliably. As for outside, I found the looks just as impressive as previous versions and the exhaust trim didn't bother me one way or not. I like the smoothed off front and think it's rear is fine. As with most changes they take some getting used to at first but become the norm in very short time. I'd happily have one though from a cost point of view the 17MY makes far more sense considering the savings that can be made. Having been a D3/4 driver for the past 12 years I don't much fancy the up to 16MY infotainment system as I wouldn't feel it was enough an upgrade to what I had (for infotainment).

Post #470131 26th Feb 2018 12:47pm
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

I also tried sitting in a MY 2018 and found the seats notably comfortable, better than MY 2017 which I tried immediately afterwards. The two screen set-up looks smart, but not being a technical person (at all) I suspect it would take me a while to get used to it. I didn't like the seat controls on the doors or the shiny window control buttons. Another negative was that there seems very little storage space, no door pockets (again due to the bigger seats presumably) and only a box underneath the cup holders. The slider above them seems to need to be pushed rather than being sprung.

Externally the front looked fine to me and the exhaust finishers, which I don't like, are less prominent than in the pictures, which are taken from below to make the change more obvious. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #470193 26th Feb 2018 9:38pm
Red Merle

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

No door pockets! Seriously?!!

Post #470199 26th Feb 2018 9:52pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

Welshhope wrote:
Always amazes me that you have to pay extra for front fogs on a 100k car!

Yes, and extra for a full size spare, its almost as if u have to pay more to have a steering wheel !!!! JLR need to understand these various wizzy gismo’s often come as standard on very small £25/30k cars- For £ 100k JLR should be throwing the kitchen sink in. The savings they would make from standardising their gismo production line would go a long way towards paying for the so called extra’s.
I hate to repeat myself, but I will! When will JLR resize upwards the diesel tank?.... far to many trips to the petrol station and touch and go for making the regular trip to france on one tank.... bonkers.

I still enjoy the beast, but JLR should stop taking customers for granted....whilst they still have them.... Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #470246 27th Feb 2018 12:05pm
Philip

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

On the other hand, they’re generally better-specified than the Germans.

Post #470251 27th Feb 2018 12:49pm
Lyonhead

Wales 2019 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Loire Blue

Red Merle wrote:
No door pockets! Seriously?!!

I think he meant there are no cubby boxes behind a drop down door in the doors now but there are still deep pockets in the doors. Thumbs Up

Post #470269 27th Feb 2018 4:21pm
Chalky

United Kingdom 

Bill wrote:
Welshhope wrote:
Always amazes me that you have to pay extra for front fogs on a 100k car!

Yes, and extra for a full size spare, its almost as if u have to pay more to have a steering wheel !!!! JLR need to understand these various wizzy gismo’s often come as standard on very small £25/30k cars- For £ 100k JLR should be throwing the kitchen sink in. The savings they would make from standardising their gismo production line would go a long way towards paying for the so called extra’s.
I hate to repeat myself, but I will! When will JLR resize upwards the diesel tank?.... far to many trips to the petrol station and touch and go for making the regular trip to france on one tank.... bonkers.

I still enjoy the beast, but JLR should stop taking customers for granted....whilst they still have them....

Totally agree with this Bill!

They are so complacent it isn't true, their salesmen are at best uninformed and at worst downright arrogant. I Honestly don't know why I buy LR products sometimes. I suppose it's because it's a nice car Thumbs Up

To have to pay £270 for a full sized spare is bad enough but then to have to pay £3750 to get a green colour is bloody annoying. I don't really want Ultra metallic paint, just bog standard BRG would do. Don't they realise that LR were originally green for us country bumpkins? They should throw in rubber mats too and mud flaps, but I suppose not much mud in London Whistle

Post #470285 27th Feb 2018 8:13pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>