Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > 2011 TV - no channels showing?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
paulbrown22

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Supercharged 5.0 SC V8 Stornoway Grey
2011 TV - no channels showing?

Having only picked up a 2011 5.0 S/C on Thursday night, we haven't yet made the TV show any channels. The screen switches to TV mode, but the "Auto" button just stays orange and no channels ever show, even if we leave it on that screen for 30+ mins.

The tuner in the boot seems correctly installed, but might it need a hard reset or something? The handbook doesn't make it obvious which fuse controls the tuner, unless it's just part of the infotainment ones.

We tried using it in both London and Hampshire and couldn't get a peep out of it.

Thanks,

Paul

Post #467981 10th Feb 2018 10:29am
nicksaab

2016 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

Is it set up for UK? I'll go out to mine in a minute and check where but somewhere in the settings you have to tell it which country you want the tv set up for - its perhaps been reset after a battery change and needs set up properly. Current Fleet:-
2018 Discovery 5 3.0 HSE
2021 Ford Ranger Wildtrack
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt 5.0 V8
1993 Defender 90 200TDI Pickup

Gone - not forgotten
2016 L405 4.4 SDV8 Vogue SE
2012 L322 4.4 Westminster
2004 L322 4.4 V8 Autobiography LE
2000 P38 RR 4.0 HSE (ex Clarkson test car)

Post #467995 10th Feb 2018 1:09pm
paulbrown22

Thanks Nick.

United Kingdom is highlighted as the country, but having just tried to change country to force it to reset itself, it won't actually allow me to select any other country, or select any of the formats. Pressing any of the TV options just highlights the border of that selection momentarily, but doesn't select it and go solid orange.

I don't know if that means the whole TV tuner isn't working, could do with some sort of hard reset, or is just plain broken!

Post #467996 10th Feb 2018 1:23pm
nicksaab

I'd check the digital aerial to be honest - broken wire or loose connection - cheapest fix first! Current Fleet:-
2018 Discovery 5 3.0 HSE

Gone - not forgotten

Post #468022 10th Feb 2018 5:21pm
paulbrown22

Thanks, if it ever stops raining tomorrow I'll try to take the tuner unit out of the boot and check the antenna connection.

I just find it weird that I can't press/select any of the other regions of formats, and wonder if that indicates a problem in the tuner unit.

Failing that, will have to check for fault codes when I buy an IID BT tool.

Post #468028 10th Feb 2018 6:14pm
paulbrown22

The small black wire multiplug connector had almost pulled out of one of the antenna amplifiers in the right side boot compartment and was slightly broken, so I fixed that this morning. Will leave the TV on for a while on the way home later today to see if that helps it find anything.

Given I still can't select another country/format on the touchscreen, I'm still suspicious there's something else at fault, so will have to order up an IID and see if anything is lurking there!

In the TV tuner itself, I only have the 4 antenna inputs one large multi plug (which seems to be power/ground?) and a pair of network/optical cables (input/output?) connected at the back. There is an empty socket in the middle, but I wonder if that is only used if you have RSE fitted?

Post #468085 11th Feb 2018 10:41am
paulbrown22

Tonight I tried disconnecting the power plug from the back of the tuner module to hard reset it if nothing else, and then the DualView screen wouldn't turn on at all - just sat there flashing it's orange light at me on the left hand control.

So plugged it back in, and the DualView screen came into life as normal, but doesn't appear to have changed anything, and whilst I only left it on for 20 seconds or so, didn't find any TV channels, and still wouldn't allow me to select either country or format.

Will order up a BT IID tool to see if that helps with the diagnosis, as I need one anyway!

Post #468345 12th Feb 2018 10:06pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

its possible that the previous owner has taken out the digital tuner and replaced it with the old analogue one..

check the model number and it should be AH42 19C063 AC.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #468401 13th Feb 2018 9:33am
paulbrown22

Thanks Stan. Yes, definitely a digital one in there, says something like "PAG Digital Tuner" on it, and I'm sure I checked the number at the weekend and it was correct. Will double check that again tonight though, in case it's one of these Japanese market ones that has been fitted that I've read about, with a subtly different number that I missed!

I'm surprised the screen doesn't let me select anything in the way of country/format, unless either I'm not meant to be able to do that, or that indicates the whole box is knackered. I would try swapping it out, but a correct numbered repalcement on Ebay seems to be a few hundred pounds, so an expensive exercise if it doesn't fix it!

Will hopefully get an IID tool this week to scan for errors. If any errors are logged, would that prevent it working until they are cleared?

Thanks,

Paul

Post #468414 13th Feb 2018 11:14am
nicksaab

sorry - I keep forgetting to go and see if I can change the settings on mine - will try tonight and let you know. Current Fleet:-
2018 Discovery 5 3.0 HSE

Gone - not forgotten

Post #468437 13th Feb 2018 1:32pm
stan
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

i can confirm that you can change countries and broadcast bands in the settings... ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

Post #468443 13th Feb 2018 2:00pm
paulbrown22

Perfect, thanks Stan/Nick - something is clearly wrong with my setup somewhere then - it won't let me select any options for the TV.

I've ordered an IIDTool today to see if that helps reveal any logged faults, failing that might have to try another tuner unit if I can get one for a decent price.

Clearly not essential at all, and may not ever get used, but it's about the only thing on my new (to me) vehicle that doesn't appear to work, and I'd prefer it to work!

Post #468448 13th Feb 2018 2:41pm
stan
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

its frustrating when some thing doesnt work on the FF but dont loose to much sleep as you might find you wont use the TV because of its restrictions..
you cant watch it whilst moving , well the passenger can if the signal stays constant, its digital dont forget..
it will switch off after about 12 minutes if watched with the engine off ..
with the engine running its ok but again you need to be in a good reception area and even then parked next to a building will shield the signal..the tv antenna is only a few metal lines in the rear windows..

i think i've used mine about twice in the [nearly] two years i've owned my westie..

still want it to work? Mr. Green ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

Post #468453 13th Feb 2018 3:19pm
m@ttsFF

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

Getting my fix of Winter Olympics this morning when I arrived at work made having TV worthwhile !

I fitted a 2011 hybrid unit which you’re welcome to try to see if that fixes the issue - I’m in Walton on Thames
There’s also a unit on feebay at 50 quid right now .... 4.4 AdBlu Tractor
4.2 SC - sold

Post #468457 13th Feb 2018 3:55pm
paulbrown22

Absolutely agreed Stan, that's why I definitely don't need to pay for someone to investigate/fix it at typical dealer rates! At the end of the day like you say it's a bit of a gimmick that likely won't get used much, if at all, for exactly the reasons you describe. But would just be nice to know it works, if I could fix it for a reasonable price myself.

I was going to order an IIDTool anyway, as I (try to) do a lot of things myself (and may now have a second smart key that needs pairing as well, unless it's completely broken..), so I haven't wasted any money on the TV yet! If it does still look like the tuner module itself, I'd be tempted if I can get one for a sensible sum, but don't really need to pay £300 for something that might not fix the issue, or even if it works, isn't overly useful!

Post #468458 13th Feb 2018 3:56pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>