Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > Question on "Branded Title, Manufacturer Buyback"
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
funnyguy1

United States 
Question on "Branded Title, Manufacturer Buyback"

In the US, they have a thing called "Branded Title and Manufacturer Buyback" autos from certain Land Rover Dealers.
Hornburg Land Rover in Southern California (hornburglandroverla.com) currently has 64 used L405's for sale with about 10 of these being the above. This is also known as the "Lemon Car Buyback" where if the dealer cannot correct a mechanical problem after 3 tries, they can be forced to purchase the vehicle back from the Owner. These are are offered at pretty good discounts but the BT MBB travels with them. Do you have anything like that in Great Britain? I guess the question always comes up, if it was an easy fix, why did the dealer buy it back? Thanks in advance! Mike

Post #478843 18th May 2018 11:15pm
peanutbob

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

In the UK we have the PIBOTFAHNN method.

Short for Put it back on the forecourt and hope no one notices....

Last edited by peanutbob on 19th May 2018 10:48am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #478857 19th May 2018 7:07am
Rob99

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter 2017 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography
2012 4.4 TDV8 Westminster - Gone, but not forgotten

Post #478869 19th May 2018 10:17am
Flashman

England 2011 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Santorini Black

Laughing Tom

Current Drive
2011 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography - Santorini Black - Ivory Leather

Previous Drives
2004 Model Vogue Td6 (Touchscreen) - Java Black - Parchment Leather
1994 RR Classic 3.9 V8 Soft dash - Niagara Grey - Grey Leather
1972 Series III SWB Safari - Green (Hand Painted) - Black Plastic

Post #478879 19th May 2018 11:52am
stillrunning

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Well it happened with my 2017 car and if they haven't sorted my MY18 out after 6 weeks at dealer this will suffer the same fate

Post #478901 19th May 2018 6:43pm
Vogue

United Kingdom 

Oh Censored - who is your MD - not Guy Salmon Knutsford ? They seem quite attentive but I get the imoression they definitely don’t like warranty work ! And positively try and avoid it as it’s not great fee earning 2021 L405 Vogue SE 4.4 V8 DIESEL ~ #17

Post #478904 19th May 2018 6:51pm
stillrunning

Vogue
No i bought the car from houghton le spring.
Can't fault them in any way to be honest but very informative every step of the way.
My beef is with Land Rover themselves, mostly waiting for infotainment system issues.
I collect it on Tuesday as they believe all faults are now rectified.
Here's hoping
All I want is to drive a stunning car without worry, something I am not totally convinced will be the case with my Range Rover

Post #478909 19th May 2018 7:36pm
Vogue

United Kingdom 

Hope you have got it sorted Thumbs Up fwiw LR are extremely poor with warranty work, their Cusomer Service is an absolute joke. They could learn a massive lesson from other more humble manufacturers who actually know how to look after customers and act like they are a valued commodity.

As far as LR are concerned I am biding my time - I am not one for airing discontent on a forum but could rip into them - they are pathetic and don’t seem to care that they are hiding behind dealers who are a just buffer for their crap customer service. It’s beyond them to even be able to fix minor issues without them turning it into a major drama that takes months to fix.

There seems to be a massive que for warranty work with customers being stalled and fobbed off to simply delay matters - it seems to me their warranty work is in melt down and the dealers are just as sick of it as we are - with a shortage of workshop space and loan cars for warranty work, with many dealers extremely reluctant to alllocate more technicians to warranty work as it would seem it doesn’t pay well enough. I have personal experience of two major main agents stalling and trying to avoid undertaking warranty work due to lack of resources. 2021 L405 Vogue SE 4.4 V8 DIESEL ~ #17

Post #478924 19th May 2018 11:19pm
stillrunning

So do I, really hope it is sorted I really do.
Feel for the dealer/engineer, one of the faults with sat hav had gone back to Land Rover 3 times to sort.
I cannot get my head round why the real ease cars that have faults in built.
So frustrating.
I am not one for writing on forums until I bought my first full fat.
For me it is about raising awareness about how crap these can be.
Me not saying anything is helping Land Rover hiding even more.
I understand the top guys have finally started to listen at long last, for me about a year too late.
I believe there are a few changes a foot in the hierarchy and about time too.
Steve

Post #478941 20th May 2018 9:14am
Montys 4x4

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography TDV6 Carpathian Grey

and sadly I'm another who has once again experienced JLR hiding issues and trying to turn it around on the Customers. They also appear to not be listening to the dealership tech teams either. A recent visit to the factory made me realise just about everything is delivered from sub contractors already assembled (the whole dashboard unit with all modules fitted comes from outside) the majority of engines are from Powertrain (who maybe Ford/Peugeot) Land Rover production line just stitches the parts together with glue, rivets, bolts and connect the plugs. front and rear bumpers are sprayed somewhere else and married to the sprayed in factory or SVO works bodywork which explains my miss matched Firenze red painted Evoque which we sold when they said they would respray the wings to blend in the front bumper! on a six month old vehicle.

Hovering over the reject vehicle button as I write due to oil dilution issues with my 3.0 TDV6.

Paul Journey started in a LR2B at 16 and has incl. just about every Land Rover, Disco, RRS and Range Rover Vehicle owned or driven, I even worked for the company when it was owned by BAe - It must be a madness!!! because to add to my 4.4 TDV8 Westminister In Baltic Blue I bought a second L322 as a commuter bus, TD6 2004 Vogue in Oslo Blue with cream leather now both gone replaced with what could turn out to be my biggest mistake. Carpathian Grey ivory interior 3.0 tdv6 Autobiog. 2017

Post #479270 24th May 2018 1:00pm
Red Merle

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

Much the same as any other car factory then (I've visited a lot!), even Morgan (they build a huge amount on site, but lots is still bought in).

I don't know who "Powertrain" may be, but most engines come in from Ford (Bridgend, Dagenham & Chihuahua) until their straight sixes can join the 4's from Wolverhampton.

I've followed stillrunning's problems with some concern/interest, but can’t say that I've experienced anything like the grief posters have had here over any of the last 6 Land Rovers I've had. Mind you, there are a lot of functions on the Infotainment system that just don't interest me in the slightest so, truth me told, I have not the slightest idea if they are working or not and have no intention of finding out! Rolling Eyes

That probably helps a lot! Laughing

Last edited by Red Merle on 24th May 2018 5:15pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #479271 24th May 2018 1:45pm
stillrunning

Red Merle no it doesn't LOL.
Hopefully all sorted now, written somewhere on here after a wasted journey to collect it on Tuesday and then finding the sim card reader not working, this is now fixed i am told. So now waiting for the go ahead to collect.
can't wait to get back in my car and enjoy it and start to write positive threads on how great this car is
I have had a land rover that's works honest i have, that's why i wanted to upgrade. I even contacted the new owner of it and asked for it back, he replied no chance LOL
Steve

Post #479275 24th May 2018 2:04pm
caymanblack

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

Best of luck Steve, you really should not be going through this. Evil or Very Mad

Post #479286 24th May 2018 4:31pm
Red Merle

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

Fingers crossed for you Steve. I love mine and hope you can finally get to enjoy yours. You deserve a bit of success with it now Thumbs Up

Post #479288 24th May 2018 5:17pm
Boxbrownie

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Java Black

Montys 4x4 wrote:
Land Rover production line just stitches the parts together with glue, rivets, bolts and connect the plugs.

Paul

You forgot the elastic bands and gaffer tape Cool David

Please let me know if my comments upset you, I may wish to upset you again.

Post #479289 24th May 2018 5:28pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>