Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > My 2011 5.0 S/C Autobiography in Stornoway Grey
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
paulbrown22

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Supercharged 5.0 SC V8 Stornoway Grey

Excellent news for a Friday morning - hope you enjoy the digital speed readout!

Hmmm, I probably haven't used my windows since I did the CCF update - will check/reset my one touch feature next time I drive, as I do like that. Thanks for letting me know that it might have reset itself as well, otherwise I'd have another panic that I've broken something...

Post #471772 9th Mar 2018 10:32am
GAC23

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Indus Silver

I already am enjoying it.

Strange how something so small can cheer up your morning Smile

I could be wrong about the windows. But I don't think I am.

Let me know if yours do the same. What do I put here then?

Post #471773 9th Mar 2018 10:40am
paulbrown22

I did the first long run over the snowy weekend of the "Mini Beast", up to Derby for a sailing course I was helping out on - very cold that was, and the heated seats thus greatly enjoyed by my fiancé. Very impressed with the ease and comfort of driving over a reasonable distance, and whilst the snow wasn't deep at all, it gave great confidence in those conditions. We were one of the very few cars to make it into the National Trust property at Kedleston Hall on the Sunday - sadly not enough staff had managed to get in to open up the property properly, so we elected for a long walk in the estate grounds instead.

I finally got the spare key sorted this week - took the truck to my local independent Brownchurch (Leyton, East London) yesterday who did all my Defender servicing, and they were able to pair it to the truck after updating the KVM ECU with the latest software. Superb service as always, and I'm happy now that I have a working spare key, just in case anything happens to the main one! No remaining known faults on the car for now...

Now ready for the biggest trip yet down to Penzance over the Easter holiday to visit some friends, and looking forward to that.

Click image to enlarge

Post #474107 27th Mar 2018 10:58pm
paulbrown22

A very smooth ride down to Penzance this morning, and the TV even worked nicely in Cornwall at 70 mph, which surprised me a bit!

I was also happy to have done 305 miles since leaving London, including a stop/start crossing right through the city, and still have 100 miles range showing when I got here, and an average 21 mpg showing.

Post #474372 30th Mar 2018 6:09pm
GGDR

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Nice one Paul. Sounds like you weren't too heavy with the right foot.
. Cheers, Greg
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2011 Vogue SE 4.4 with lots of toys in Stornaway

Post #474373 30th Mar 2018 6:13pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

Paul, live a little. Let’s get that mpg into the low teens on a cross country run, please. Twisted Evil

Post #474392 30th Mar 2018 9:51pm
paulbrown22

I get low teens stop/starting through London, so need to try and improve it elsewhere! Although driving tiny single lane tracks around the Land's End peninsula as we visited the Minack Theatre (which was very impressive) had me on 13 this morning, and later on as we drove towards Tavistock I did use the revs to overtake as needed, so currently averaging only 17.5. Will have to try and get that up when we head back to Poole on Sunday...

Some lovely driving down here, but some of the super narrow lanes really do feel like a bit of a squeeze for an FFRR, with little room for mistakes, or manoeuvres. Now parked up in a lovely little farmstead towards Tavistock for the night.

Post #474461 31st Mar 2018 10:07pm
paulbrown22

I'm enjoying the lighter evenings when I get back home from work now, so last night was spent washing the remnants of Cornwall off the truck - much better now!

Tonight I pulled the TV tuner out again, as I previously stuck it in with tape whilst I was waiting for a tap set to arrive, given the different mounting holes used between the Disco/RRS and FFRR. I tapped out the holes needed for FFRR fitment this evening, and then refitted it all properly, so I can really say that job is now complete. I did then have to take it for a 15 min drive to the A13 and back just to prove it still all worked and I hadn't broken anything else - all good!

The spare emergency key blade arrived from Dan at Duckworths today as well, so I fitted that into my spare smart fob. I now have 2 decent working fobs with correct emergency keys hidden within, and one fob that has been programmed to the car and works nicely, but no key blade.

Patrick at GAP has just finished updating his fob pairing code to match the 2014+ KVM modules, which he discovered seem to be slightly different when I tried pairing a key to mine on the IID tool (I have a later replacement KVM module fitted, which appears to be all LR will sell these days if you need a new one). In the end, the selling garage paid for it to be done last week at my local independent, but hopefully I can test out Patrick's code this weekend, given it was me who badgered him to update the pairing code!

Post #474960 5th Apr 2018 11:21pm
paulbrown22

Nearly time to celebrate my first anniversary of owning this vehicle, so took it for it's first MOT with me yesterday, and thankfully it passed with no advisories. Whist there (Brownchurch Ltd, Leyton), the guys drained and filled the gearbox, new filter and metal sump instead of the standard plastic one. They would usually use the equivalent Ravenol oil as lots of people around here try to run these vehicles on a very tight budget, but thankfully had some ZF Lifeguard in stock as well which wasn't actually much dearer and was my preference, so that's what went in my 5.0 S/C. It has only done 72k, but as I plan on keeping in fairly long term, would like to know it's well looked after and hopefully prevent any problems down the line. Only a short drive home last night and all seemed good. Washed it in the dark tonight so it's all clean and ready to go again!

Now just need to pay the insurance and tax in a couple of weeks, but shopping around managed to get a reasonable reduction on the insurance as well, so can't really complain.

Post #501745 15th Jan 2019 10:17pm
GGDR

Nice one Paul, who did you you insure with?

. Cheers, Greg
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Post #501746 15th Jan 2019 10:25pm
paulbrown22

Hey Greg - last year was Admiral, this year looks like it will be MoreThan, which has so far come out costing less and with a higher mileage on the policy... Admiral also tried to put it up over 10% with their renewal quote, and even when I rang up they still couldn't get close to matching the price I paid them this year.

I've still got a few weeks to see if I can better MoreThan, but I'm actually pretty happy with their quote!

Post #501748 15th Jan 2019 10:42pm
GGDR

Funny I tried MoreThan last week (my renewal's due 1st Feb) but MoreThan dearer than Aviva - who I'm with. I'm guessing you are insured in Poole as home base.
. Cheers, Greg

Post #501750 15th Jan 2019 10:47pm
paulbrown22

No, this is based in London - Poole would be a fraction of the price!

I think I tried Aviva at your suggestion last year though, and for me they couldn't compete with Admiral's price, I'll check again this year though.

I'm sure there's big risk variations even within London, and the 5.0 S/C maybe rated differently as well.

Post #501753 15th Jan 2019 11:09pm
GGDR

Ok likewise I'll try Admiral too!

. Cheers, Greg

Post #501754 15th Jan 2019 11:14pm
Stephen.125

2011 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Just stumbled on this thread after some time away from the forum, that's hideous and disgusting and I should definitely take it off your hands to save you from it's abominable looks.... Wink

OK..OK... To be honest, what a beautiful example in my favourite colour combination, I'm currently looking for one just like that- happy motoring! Thumbs Up

Stephen. Formerly happymadison1978

Post #501888 17th Jan 2019 1:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>