Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > The FFRR 'X' factor... whats yours?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
crowebeard

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 V8 Orkney Grey

Driving from Heathrow to deep rural Devon late last night in horrendous conditions, then getting out at home knowing no other vehicle would have let me do that journey in the same comfort, safety and style.

That for me is the X-factor that I was looking for when I bought it last year and it continues to deliver it everytime I drive it. Very Happy David

2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4TDV8
2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 (LPG) (Not quite gone)
2021 Mazda CX-5
2003 Porsche Boxster

Post #470848 3rd Mar 2018 4:15pm
cliff5.0sc

they are beasts off road with the rear diff lock. There are just not many stock trucks that can go where the FF can, less than 5 currently produced. I talked to one guy from europe worked with LR, very into Defenders, and he said to me "the FF [with diff lock] is better than the Defender". However there is a reliability concern once you get far off the road and I do worry they are leaving their roots of offroad dominance. I got a RR 4.6 with ARB locker and raised suspension stuck so far off the road there were no trucks that could get to it, it was either a team on foot with straps or a helicopter.

Conversely, if Jeep puts a hellcat in a 4 door rubicon wrangler and covers it in leather, stock 37s, dual snorkels, good stereo, and a real top, (or Toyota/Lexus could get serious with the TRD pro and put 500 hp in it and triple lockers with full leather) I think they could produce something that would be class leading, better than the G or FF. If Land Rover goes with toyota 5.0s and 5.7s perhaps supercharged and releases something that really off road focused, perhaps with a front and rear elocker and optional springs, I think they could win back the overland expedition market.

So I know where they are at now, what the weaknesses are, and what it would take to win the overland market I'm just not sure where RR and LR is going: are they going to chase the bentyaga and focus on-road performance or want to lead the class they developed, that propelled them to where they are? OffRoadRover.com An American Western Range Rover Off Road Blog

Post #471417 6th Mar 2018 10:12pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123