Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > electrical issues won't go away after multiple repairs
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
bruzer

United States 
electrical issues won't go away after multiple repairs

Ever since I bought my used 2010 SC 2 years ago (~66k miles then, now ~93k miles) it has had numerous electrical issues. Due to the electrical issues and a engine replacement my car has been at the dealership for the past 6 months (that's 25% of the time I've owned it). The dealership fixes always seem promising but almost immediately the issue pops up again or a new one emerges. I know they're doing their best, but after 6 months and 8 or 9 issues back to back I'm not sure what to think anymore. Looking at the timeline below, can anyone shed some insight and what's going on with this car or any possible real fixes?

1- First 22 months - 2 to 3 instances where car wouldn't start, battery replaced 2 to 3 times
    2 - Month #23 - Shrapnel found in engine, engine replaced
    3 - Month #24 - "Cruise Control Not Available" and "Gearbox Fault" lights came on. Supposedly repaired (loose cable).
    4 - Month #24 - "Cruise Control Not Available" and "Gearbox Fault" lights came on again. Repaired by replacing steering wheel switch.
    5 - Month #25 - Car wouldn't start again, battery had dead cell, dealership eventually discovered the car was drawing current from 10 different sources when the car was off. They narrowed it down to a faulty fuse box under hood and replaced it. Replaced battery again too.
    6 - Month #26 - "Charging System Fault" light came on. Alternator was replaced. After this fix I got the car back and there were no issues for about a week, by far the longest I've gone without one in the last 5 months.
    7 - Now/Today - "Charging System Fault" light came on again. Car has issues starting again (I have to jump it often).

Any insight on what's really going on? Any possible fixes the dealership is overlooking?

Post #469515 20th Feb 2018 11:09pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1