Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Orders (L405) > Big week for MY18 - post your first impressions and pictures
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 9 of 14 <123 ... 8910 ... 121314>
Print this entire topic · 
Bill

United Kingdom 

Hi PP

would like to see the new buttons & the dash pic from the back seat/ u know how all the old pro’s do Rolling with laughter

U said

I can take or leave the massaging. That seems a gimmick.

U/Q

Try putting massage on auto, mine comes on after 30 minutes driving and gives me five... I find it really good on a journey.

Enjoy

Bill Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #472729 15th Mar 2018 8:04pm
Lonfred

Spain 2017 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Carpathian Grey

Hi. Just curious if everything works like it should regarding the MY18? Does the Infotainment system work properly? Any other things that you have noticed?
I will pick up mine tomorrow...

Post #473361 21st Mar 2018 8:13pm
Lonfred

Picked up mine MY18 SDV8 Vogue today and totally impressed when comparing with my old MY17. The Infotainment system works like a charm. 4G connection up an running very quick. Online media with Deezer works great! Connection to IPhone 7 works perfect (exept that the phone still asks for confirmation every time it connect to the car by USB). The RSE “8” screens works great and pick up different movies simultaneously from one usb memory. The car is much more silent. The dynamic mode is really nice at curvy highways. So overall I am very pleased with the MY18. Only missing the animated turn lights but maybe they are not allowed to have them in Spain or they come later with an software update. So far so good. Let’s hope it will keep on in that direction.

Post #473493 22nd Mar 2018 8:37pm
Autobiography

2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Glad to hear. There will not be any dynamic Audi-style indicators for the L405 in any region. Region for this is the lighting design for the L405 replacement would not allow this to be continued.

Post #473499 22nd Mar 2018 8:56pm
Pixelpower

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Santorini Black

Yes, I agree. it's much quieter inside than my old one.

Post #473543 23rd Mar 2018 6:17am
Bill

United Kingdom 

Happy you are delighted with the new toy Very Happy

I really think we all need to keep things in perspective.... we all lay into JLR with enthusiasm . We might loose sight that these cars are extremely complicated pieces of engineering, with thousands and thousands of parts, and JLR are undoubtably going to have an issue of one sort or another at some point... none the less they are such a joy to drive and the dealers will (in the main) make efforts to correct anything that failed .

I always buy with1000 miles on the clock, as that gives the dealers time to put things right whilst they are demo cars. Touch wood , I have never ever had a really serious problem.

Enjoy your lovely car Fred & treat any possible , hopefully no, journeys to the dealer over the coming months as simply perfecting a wonderous car... there is every chance they will valet the car for you anyway.. Very Happy

Have fun.. Thumbs Up Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

Post #473588 23rd Mar 2018 12:08pm
Chalky

United Kingdom 

Totally agree with that Bill!

I collect mine on Tuesday hopefully, and will love every minute of it. I am coming back to FFRR's after three disco 4's so I know I'm going to absolutely love it, faults(if any) and all.

Will post pics on arrival. A BRG beauty!!

Post #473599 23rd Mar 2018 2:04pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

Chalky, I’m quite envious... however after only having my one (second hand with a 1,000) miles) for not quite a year, I guess I’m going to have to wait a little longer... Big Cry

Awaiting your pics with keen interest...

Bill Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

Post #473600 23rd Mar 2018 2:13pm
Chalky

United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up Very Happy Thumbs Up

Post #473601 23rd Mar 2018 2:16pm
Lonfred

I ordered my SDV8 without FHB But it looks like there is one under the hood. I checked topix and it says Fuel burner and there is a thing named Webasto under the hood so it’s good news. It’s not possible to remote it but I was a bit nervous that it should take time to get heat only by the engine and now it looks like it’s standard.

Post #473703 24th Mar 2018 2:41pm
stillrunning

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Well chaps.
I am having all sorts of fun and games with mine.
Going back on a low loader so they can sort the issues out with the sat nav, steering wheel, gesture blind and now dash display.
Service department have admitted fault in steering wheel buttons with no fix available.
Not a happy Chappy, told them to have car back until problems are sorted.
I have said they have one chance to sort or they can have it permanently
My time in a Land Rover I think is coming to an end.
Why oh why do they do this.
Gutted doesn't even come close.

Post #473718 24th Mar 2018 5:46pm
caymanblack

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

Oh no not again, why the Censored cant they get these cars right? Sorry to hear this SR. Crying or Very sad

Post #473798 25th Mar 2018 10:26am
Lonfred

Happens two times now that the buttons on the left side of the steering wheel has stopped working. After a complete restart of the car they works again. Looks like software bugs. Seems to be same fault also reported in the Velar and RRS forums. Exept from this (I suppose it will be solved in the next SW update) the car is fantastic nice. Love it.

Post #473915 26th Mar 2018 12:24pm
adamfawsitt

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

stillrunning wrote:
Well chaps.
I am having all sorts of fun and games with mine.
Going back on a low loader so they can sort the issues out with the sat nav, steering wheel, gesture blind and now dash display.
Service department have admitted fault in steering wheel buttons with no fix available.
Not a happy Chappy, told them to have car back until problems are sorted.
I have said they have one chance to sort or they can have it permanently
My time in a Land Rover I think is coming to an end.
Why oh why do they do this.
Gutted doesn't even come close.

Sorry to hear about your further problems SL. I have given up, multiple faults at delivery Switch Pack replacement failed and second replacement failed. Bluetooth issue radio silence from the dealer...I could go on. Life is too short and I rejected the car via email yesterday (though have heard nothing back) - I am going to buy a daily driver that works, thinking AMG E63S.

Post #474322 30th Mar 2018 8:05am
AndyS

United Kingdom 

That's a real shame to end up in this position. All of the waiting and anticipation only to be totally let down by LR once again.

I have a brand new MY17 which I just got on the basis that the glitches should have been fixed and it'll work correctly as they've sorted all the faults and ultimately be acceptable, I thought about a MY18 and was offered a stock one but I would rather an old model that works than a new one that's yet to be developed and trialled by the public.

Good luck with whatever you buy.

Post #474325 30th Mar 2018 8:29am
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 9 of 14 <123 ... 8910 ... 121314>