Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > bi xenon headlamps bulbs confusion
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
wildeone2

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey
bi xenon headlamps bulbs confusion

getting confused here I want to update the bulbs in the headlamps my bi xenon is white but the other 2 are yellow
I want 6k bulbs all 3 so they match so what bulbs do I need I just looked on af but its confusing has anyone done this and know the bulbs they used. so I need new bi xenon, side ,and dip this is a halogen one at moment and also the wattages so I get nice bright white headlamps and they fit in headlamp and connectors and if I need resistors ect? and road legal thks

Post #470748 2nd Mar 2018 8:42pm
fisha

2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aruba

My experience is don't get 6000k. I've tried them a number of times in various vehicles ranging from ebay kits through to full price osrams. All, have been disappointing (to a greater or lesser extent) when it comes down to actually driving with them in the dark. Get the original colour 4300K (or there abouts) as they are generally better all round. 1 reason being that they generally have a slightly better light output amount. The second reason is that apparently in wet conditions the blue-er the light, the more likely it is going to bounce forward away from the source rather than back to it when it hits an object.

what you want light to do is hit and object and bounce back to you so you see it, and supposedly, white-yellow is better at doing that then white-blue. I would have to say that I agree with that from experience. I do a lot of night time driving, and a lot of it in cars with crap cheap yellowish halogen bulbs. Despite being dim, in wet weather the dark tarmac road does illuminate. Jump in one of my own vehicles with a 6000K bulb, the same road seems blacker and darker.

Going back to the question:

The bi-xenon refers to the dipped headlight ( the larger outer one ) which has a HID/Xenon bulb in it with a shutter and flips up to allow full beam from the same bulb ( hence the bi- part of the bi-xenon). The full beams will be halogen filament bulbs and the fogs halogens as well.

To get them all the same, I think you'd have to fit HID kits to the full beams and fogs to match the HIDs already existing. There are some threads about this in the past I'm sure. Most kits are fairly plug n play, but make sure you get can bus error free ones so that the FFRR doesn't moan about bulb type changing.

I'm considering doing this myself soon-ish, but I'd like properly yellow fogs , for the reasons above. .

Now all that being said, the wife has a mini with LED lights, and they trump everything i've driven to date. ( i'm jealous of them ! ) V8 or else ...

Post #470773 2nd Mar 2018 10:23pm
Grofus

Ireland 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zermatt Silver

You can get LED replacements for all the bulbs you mention. I have done and they look great. The road just lights up with them.
Hids for main beam is ok but they take a few seconds to warm up to max output. LED is instant. 2007 Vogue TDV8 in Zermatt Silver with Charcoal

Post #470777 2nd Mar 2018 10:43pm
wildeone2

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

can you remember what bulbs you used make wattage ect thks

Post #470873 3rd Mar 2018 6:29pm
GAC23

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Indus Silver

Grofus wrote:
You can get LED replacements for all the bulbs you mention. I have done and they look great. The road just lights up with them.
Hids for main beam is ok but they take a few seconds to warm up to max output. LED is instant.

You do like your LEDs, Grofus Smile

Which bulbs did you replace and with what?

After getting the great reverse bulbs from you, I’m very tempted to do the other mods too.

Any advice gratefully received. What do I put here then?

Post #470891 3rd Mar 2018 8:39pm
DJM911

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue

I’m tempted to change the main beams bulbs, reverse bulbs and rear registration plate bulbs to LED what types do I need and were do I get them? What’s best to buy and look out for? Also how do I change these bulbs? Thanks

Post #471271 5th Mar 2018 10:27pm
GAC23

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Indus Silver

For reverse bulbs, ask Grofus on this thread:

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic46125....d06a76d28d

As you’ll see, they come very highly recommended.

And there’s also a post on how to fit - someone kindly answered when I asked the same question as you. What do I put here then?

Post #471275 5th Mar 2018 10:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1