Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L405) > Brakes Servo assist failed
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
mattlidster

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Indus Silver
Brakes Servo assist failed

Hi everyone, I have been on here and D3/4 for a while now but only just bought a new MY17 FFRR AB that was delivered in Sept 17, so far only done 1140 miles and on my way to work Thursday a bus pulled over in front of me and as you do I went to brake and nothing happened! I swerved round the bus at approx. 12 mph so not too hairy to pull over when it was safe. LRA sent out the AA van and they confirmed no vacuum in servo assistance! It could have been a lot worse What is your advice should I just wait for it to be sorted? I have lodged a case with customer relations, anything else I should do?

Post #471147 5th Mar 2018 11:54am
mattlidster

Update on this, yep as suspected vacuum pump failure! New part fitted and all working again. Now just discussing with customer support the little issue of me scuffing the rear wheel and arch trying to get it in to the drive in ice and snow instead of abandoning it on the side of the road for the 5 days it took to retrieve it back to dealer!!

Post #471597 8th Mar 2018 6:41am
Montys 4x4

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography TDV6 Carpathian Grey

Sorry to hear you damaged your new car, I ended scuffing a wheel when I pulled off the road to let a snow plough past to do his job, luckily 2 hours with my electric polisher and very mild cutting compound removed the scratches.
My main query is back to your vacuum pump failure, did you have any indication that the braking was not as you'd expect leading up to the complete fail. Also what engine do you have in your RR as the braking system appears to be a lower standard and size of components in the TD6 than in the TDV8. My new Nov 2017 TD6 with 5,000 miles on it really concerns me at how much pressure I have to put on the brake pedal to bring it top a stop even what would be gentle braking coming up behind traffic at a roundabout has me completing a near emergency stop I'm constantly in fear of a rear end bump. I have informed Land Rover as to my concerns but as there is no actual failure they just think I'm used to Porsche standard of braking as I came from a Cayenne which is not really an answer.
I had the Vacuum assist go on my Jaguar S type a few years ago and pulled up the electric handbrake lever to stop an accident at a roundabout.
Good luck with compensation from LR

Paul Journey started in a LR2B at 16 and has incl. just about every Land Rover, Disco, RRS and Range Rover Vehicle owned or driven, I even worked for the company when it was owned by BAe - It must be a madness!!! because to add to my 4.4 TDV8 Westminister In Baltic Blue I bought a second L322 as a commuter bus, TD6 2004 Vogue in Oslo Blue with cream leather now both gone replaced with what could turn out to be my biggest mistake. Carpathian Grey ivory interior 3.0 tdv6 Autobiog. 2017

Post #474174 28th Mar 2018 3:30pm
mattlidster

Hi Paul, so far no definitive answer but have started to apply some pressure in regards to repairs, I do have a very clear dashcam footage with out any swearing of me nearly hitting the back of the bus! There were no warning signs at all I set off that morning with caution as it was snowy and appreciate the big wide wheels are not perfect for icy/ snowy conditions and was mainly using the gears to slow down, until the bus pulled over in front of me and when I went to apply the brakes there was nothing. My car is the 4.4 TDV8 with 1140 miles on the clock from new. I did look online and I believe the pump is the same in both cars, here is the part number if you would like to check. FoMoCo F2UCA17041633901 AL3Q2A451 DC

Post #474181 28th Mar 2018 4:44pm
caymanblack

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

Now that's frightening! Censored

Post #474188 28th Mar 2018 6:00pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1