Home > Off Topic > Cheeky AA
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
GGDR

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey
Cheeky AA

Noticed on my bank statement that the AA was taking £14.99 instead of £4.99

Rang them and they said oh we wrote to you.

I said to Scott from the renewals team well inaction doesn't constitute my agreement, I could write to you Scott and say you owe me a £1000 and you agree if you do nothing.

Scott then offered a full refund and I said well I was fine with £4.99 let's leave it at whatever that cover was.

So then he says well that was an introductory offer and it's no longer available.

So on principle I said cancel it mate. Figure I'll call back and get a new customer deal in a week's time.

Same with our home insurance, we accidentally let it lapse and got a much better deal as we were 'new' customers.

. Cheers, Greg
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2011 Vogue SE 4.4 with lots of toys in Stornaway

Post #472151 11th Mar 2018 5:55pm
362bkr

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

Thus proving loyalty counts for nothing . Sad really.

Post #472176 11th Mar 2018 8:59pm
Scottyav

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Zambezi Silver

4.99 that doesn't seem a lot are they sure it was that as 14.99 is more what it should be,mine is 23 a month for the top package with every extra. _____________________________________________________
Zambezi silver Vogue Se unique Smile

Post #472188 11th Mar 2018 9:42pm
GGDR

£4.99 was a no brainer for me. It's basic cover but they'll come out and fix or recover for only coffee money so why not. £14.99 is probably the real price and not too bad tbh but it was more the principle.

Seem people are probably too lazy to notice / be bothered and companies/banks etc know this and exploit.

It's like when your 24 month phone contract ends and you've finished paying the phone off but they don't drop you down to 12.99 sim only rate.
. Cheers, Greg
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Post #472189 11th Mar 2018 9:49pm
steveball

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Bournville

I got fed up with this years ago. I took the view that I was happier to pay a fair price, which was published with transparency, even if it was a few quid more than an introductory offer.

I’ve since used breakdown cover via the Caravan Club, who publish an advert in their magazine every month with prices. Everyone pays the same for the same cover. Seems fair to me and no big hikes in price from one year to the n3xt.

Not sure if you need to be a Caravan Club member or not. Very cost effective to add additional cars. I can get full cover for £27 a year for the kids cars (they’re living at home).

Cover is provided by Green Flag and has been great on the few occasions I’ve needed it.

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/insurance/uk...-recovery/ Current: 2010 Range Rover L322
Vogue SE, TDV8 3.6, Bournville
-----------------------------------
Now gone: 2002 Range Rover L322
Vogue, TD6, Giverney Green

Post #472190 11th Mar 2018 10:01pm
Scottyav

By using the food discount in the app a few times a week saving around 40 quid a month with the 20% it ends up free anyway and ive used the £500 payment twice in two years so well in credit so cant complain at their charge Very Happy _____________________________________________________

Post #472195 11th Mar 2018 10:15pm
GGDR

What's the £500 payment?
. Cheers, Greg

Post #472201 11th Mar 2018 10:36pm
Grofus

Ireland 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zermatt Silver

Chaps, thats the legal system for you.
Legal system is basically legislated rules of commerce.
So, if you don't say no, then you have said yes.
Its called Tacit Procuration.
Look it up.
Incidentally, saying no also includes the "bull" you get from the police. Things like not wearing a seat belt. When you get the offer to contract from them, known by most as the Notice of intended prosecution.
Just send it back saying no thanks and see what happens. Nothing happens, thats what because you said no. Its not called the age of consent for nothing.
There is a maxim in law " let he who will be deceived, be deceived"

You must always say no in commerce Thumbs Up 2007 Vogue TDV8 in Zermatt Silver with Charcoal

Post #472208 11th Mar 2018 11:17pm
Scottyav

i get 500 towards repairs upto 5 times a year if needed like alternator and turbos etc, on another post you cant say no thanks to the plod as they'll write again and if no reply they prosecute you for failing to supply details which carries six points and will be pursued as my good lady does the traffic prosecution side. _____________________________________________________

Post #472215 12th Mar 2018 12:57am
Grofus

Oh lads, I'm disappointed. Not one question. Not even to question my sanity..... and have so much to tell.
Ah well. Exclamation
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 2007 Vogue TDV8 in Zermatt Silver with Charcoal

Post #472216 12th Mar 2018 1:09am
GGDR

Ok I did google it Grofus. I understand Acquiescence, it was a significant factor when I had to take a lawyer to court once. Won it too!

...and I read one of the search results: http://www.lawfulrebellion.org/2009/11/23/...t-to-acts/

....which blew my brain.

Best I could get to was that Tacit Procuration is similar to , but no quite the same as Acquiescence.

What I don't get (could fill a library) is where and how you could apply Tacit Procuration.

Greg Cheers, Greg

Post #472223 12th Mar 2018 7:51am
counter of beans

England 2012 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

Anyone who has Tesco Clubcard vouchers - you can use them to buy RAC cover for buttons, it's what I do.

Post #472236 12th Mar 2018 10:02am
Grofus

Gonna go double, here is an example.
I pozted up in group buys the reversing light bulbs and you have purchased some. That is a consentual co tract between us. It has equal consideration. ie: I get their value in cash, you get the bulbs.
Simple enough.

Now, if I posted up " lads I have these reversing light bulbs at £8.50 a pair. I will post them out to you directly." I could wait 3 days and then, if I had a way of getting your addresses, I could legally post them out and demand £8.50 wether you want them or not.
The second line in my statement is the key. Im telling you "I will post them out" . That is an offer to contract and umless you say "no" then you have said "yes". It is a self authenticated contract.
Companies and governments use them all the time.
Pertinant to this forum is the driving licence.
An adhesion contract. I could explain but its already done very well here.
https://www.lawfulpath.com/ref/DLbrief.shtml

It is an example of how we are being manipulated. There are many more. 2007 Vogue TDV8 in Zermatt Silver with Charcoal

Post #472259 12th Mar 2018 1:31pm
Grofus

BTW, the Lawfull Rebellion site has some great info but some is misinterpreted by them. The jist of what they say, however is true.
A great video to watch Is " Money as debt" on you tube. Entertaining, mind blowing and factually correct. And yes, I have put into practice and won. 2007 Vogue TDV8 in Zermatt Silver with Charcoal

Post #472260 12th Mar 2018 1:39pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

I was with green flag and had migrated due to high AA rates

I cancelled the policy having just sold the car . The renewal was £134.00 including no claims , but up from £106 previous year.

Took a new policy for new car last week, 6 weeks post cancellation & it was just £82.00 to include euro travel . Now That’s the price I remember I used to have.

They all like to have it away don’t they! Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #472275 12th Mar 2018 3:47pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>