Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L405) > Random rough gear change?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Nigt3

United Kingdom 
Random rough gear change?

Had my 2013 sdv8 for 2months now and absolutely love it! One issue I've noticed is a few times it has changed gear and there was a bang when doing so, this has only happened 4 times and every time it has been when reducing spend to turn into a junction, say 10mph. At first I thought this was the diff engaging, so I've tried running the special programs in manual mode (road setting) but today it's done this again. Anybody any ideas what the problem could be, can't really take it anywhere to look because it very rarely does it.

Post #472207 11th Mar 2018 11:16pm
Vogue

United Kingdom 

I used to get this occasionally with my last L322 TDV8, every so often the cars slow or decelerating speed would catch out the gear changes and result in the odd clunk.

The MD, gave it a software update and reset the gearbox and it seemed to stop it, it still did do it very very rarely though and I just put it down to it being an 8 speed box and the car couldn't work out which gear it needed to be in 2021 L405 Vogue SE 4.4 V8 DIESEL ~ #17

Post #472210 11th Mar 2018 11:30pm
Nigt3

United Kingdom 

Thanks for reply Thumbs Up I had sort of convinced myself it was the diff sticking but because in manual mode set to road setting and it still done it I was sort of thinking along the same lines as yourself, as Long as it doesn't get more frequent I'll just stick with it, no real point in bringing it to the main dealers as it very rarely does it, and I doubt they'd help even if it was!

Post #472211 11th Mar 2018 11:41pm
CMJ

2015 Range Rover Autobiography TDV6 Santorini Black

Hi. Does your gearbox occasional issues tie into snow or slippy conditions? I have no isssues with my gearbox in normal driving or conditions but have noticed it is more lumpy and clonky when the car is compensating for the road conditions. Quickly reverts back to silky smooth once the conditions improve but did have me concerned the first couple of times it did it. 2013 L405 AB 4.4SDV8 Luxor/Ivory, 2007 Vogue TDV8 Epson Green/Sand, 2008 Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue/Sand, 2003 Vogue 4.4 LPG Epsom Green/Sage, 1998 Vogue SE 4.6 LPG Epsom Green/Cream

Post #472221 12th Mar 2018 7:25am
Nigt3

United Kingdom 

No, I thought that was the problem but mine seems to stay in normal road setting but even when I changed to the manual road setting it still has done the "thud", so the problems still there (but in 7 weeks it's only done it 4 times)

Post #472224 12th Mar 2018 7:55am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1