Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Rear Lower Wishbone Replacement Tips
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Joe90

England 
Rear Lower Wishbone Replacement Tips

Just swapped out a lower rear wishbone on the FFRR, a few pointers

Put/drive corner you are going to work on up onto ramps blocks, makes things easier to jack up once you de-pressurise

Only release the anti roll bar bolt on the wishbone then lever the ARB to release the bolt

Once undone at the wishbone, tie the height sensor up out of the way on the upper wishbone, maintaining its positioning. This prevents inadvertently swinging it round.

Allow enough height so that the wishbone can drop down to almost vertical

Support the wishbone as you release the inner bush bolts so that the thing doesn't swing on the air spring

The inner bushes only seem to line up to get the bolts through when in "on road wheel on ground" position. You should be able to get halfway with both bushes, stick the bolts in, then gently push the lower half of the airspring towards the spigot hole ( I lay on the ground and used my foot!) and locate the spigot. Then gently jack up the lower wishbone so that you can insert the hub lower bush bolt. You should now find that the inner bush holes have aligned. .
Experience is the only genuine knowledge, but as time passes, I have forgotten more than I can remember Wink
Volvo V70 P2 2006 2.4 Petrol 170bhp Estate SE
MG Midget Mk1 1962

Previous: L322 Range Rover TDV8 3.6 2008; L322 Range Rover TD6 3.0 2002; P38A Range Rover V8 1999

Post #472454 13th Mar 2018 6:06pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1