Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Finance, Insurance & Warranties > LR extended warranty
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Giantlandyman

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Santorini Black

We had the same dilemma and justified the expense of the extended warranty thus; there are no end of single faults that could easily take up most or all of the premium and were bad luck to strike and a second or third fault appear.......

It does smart paying the £1600 but there's a reason it's not £160 or even £600 per annum and a quick trawl through the forum is enough to bring on a cold sweat, especially if it's the only car in the household (as in our case) or it's relied upon for a purpose only it can fulfil.

Just my tuppence worth.

Post #473908 26th Mar 2018 11:30am
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

As already posted on here, I was so disappointed with LR's attitude to the wheel arch rust on my 2012 WM that I decided not to take the warranty extension when mine got to 3yo. While there were some niggles (weeping rear shocks, weeping turbo) the only repair actually needed in the period since Sept 2015 was a new starter motor, though the fresh/warm air dial seemed not to be 100% right latterly. So I was well in the money not having the warranty.

I'd be less confident with a car approaching 6yo - based on my 2004 car I would be concerned that this might be the start of the "there's aye something" phase. So I'd be more inclined to have a warranty at that age than at 3yo.

BUT there seem to be some warranties (including the cheaper one offered by the dealer at the end of the initial 3 years) that have claim limits and other exclusions. A warranty that does not cover a catastrophic failure e.g. turbo disintegrates and destroys engine, would not cover the whole cost. So I'd read the terms very carefully and if they don't cover that sort of thing then I'd not bother and aim to have some cash set aside for the repairs/replacement that will be required. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #473911 26th Mar 2018 12:17pm
Scottjp

United Kingdom 

Afternoon All,

My 62 plate Westie is coming to the end of its extended 2 year warranty and approaching 90k miles.

I see that there are mixed feelings on here as to whether its worth extending it further or not - not surprisingly due to the type of issues that can be had.

How long do they offer and is it a fixed price? If so I'd be interest to hear what they offer please. I haven't received anything about extending it, which seems a little odd.

I have booked it in for a service at the main dealers (I usually use independents) and have raised a couple of issues with them to be resolved whilst they're at it, under the warranty (headlight washers not working plus suspension said its had a fault a couple of times. So I'm doing my best to get my money's worth!

Cheers, Scott Thumbs Up

Post #484748 30th Jul 2018 6:12pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

you should get a letter offering an extended extra years warranty....i renewed for peace of mind.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #484750 30th Jul 2018 6:18pm
Scottjp

United Kingdom 

Thanks Stan, not had one yet. Is it a set price of £1,600 for year?

Post #484884 1st Aug 2018 10:13am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12