Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Events > SLROC Green Road Run
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey
SLROC Green Road Run

If anybody is interested the SLROC are running one of their very gentle green road runs on 20th February - the venue is at Glen Shira, about 2miles before you get to Inveraray. Meet in the carpark 10:30 depart 11:00. These drives are totally non damaging, require no modifications whatsoever and are a gentle drive on an access road to the Glen Sira Hydro Electric power station and then along various private (and closed by locked gates) gravel roads in the hills around the dam. Bring £5 fee (open to non-members) fuel, food, warm clothes and a camera - the views can be spectacular or nil if it is misty (it often is as this road is quite high up)

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

In the last 2 photos the upper reservoirs are completely frozen - these pics were taken in Jan 2010 - It was also the first time in the UK that I have seen the sea frozen - Loch Fyne's entire north end was frozen after a windless night and -20c...... It wasn't any warmer up on the tops at the reservoirs that day too!

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on 10th Feb 2011 10:41am. Edited 6 times in total

Post #49568 10th Feb 2011 10:29am
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover SE Td6 Zermatt Silver

I wish I lived near Scotland I would love to be there... Big Cry

Post #49569 10th Feb 2011 10:32am
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

Gary you don't live that far away - it's only an 8 hour drive from Birmingham, not far at all - pleasant morning drive on empty motorways in a Range Rover! There and back in a day is no problem in a FFRR, only a 900 mile round trip and dead easy if you let the butler drive. I prefer to do the diving myself, but from where I live it's only 70 miles away on some of the best driving roads in Britain. 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on 10th Feb 2011 10:46am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #49571 10th Feb 2011 10:42am
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

Birmingham?

Thats 1.5 hours before I start as I live in Chorleywood! (Officially the happiest town in England Very Happy )

Post #49572 10th Feb 2011 10:45am
Tim in Scotland

I tried to post a map but it doesn't like it! 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #49573 10th Feb 2011 10:48am
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

That link is shagg*d

Luckily I know where Scotland is (UP) Laughing

Post #49574 10th Feb 2011 10:53am
Tim in Scotland

Hopefully Google will triumph for a map link!
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&sour...h&z=10 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #49576 10th Feb 2011 11:09am
Tim in Scotland

Now you will wish you had taken a short Sunday morning drive out Gaz. They are not my photos but taken by one of the other drivers there, I must admit I do like the 2 with my car i them, especially the quarry picture. By the time I got back to the laid road the car was somewhat dirtier than it is in these pics!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gary1968/sets/72157626096959534/ 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #51183 21st Feb 2011 5:28pm
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

Tim,

That just looks simply wonderful and I am already thinking about making the trip for the next one so please PM me when and if its planned. The scenery is AMAZING and the terrain just what I want to get into....

Thank you Tim thats cheered up my afternoon Bow down

Post #51187 21st Feb 2011 5:37pm
Tim in Scotland

Well there is a tough offroading weekend coming up next weekend, but your Disco will be too wide for a lot of the tracks - by about 10cms too wide but I have an empty passenger seat in the Defender if you really want to come north! Details are in the Events around the world section of www.landrovernet.com at
http://forum.landrovernet.com/showthread.p...uary-26-27 These events are run every 6-8 weeks throughout the year. There is another member from here who comes north from newcastle for most of these outings.
Next SLROC Green Road Run is May 1st, location isn't yet decided. The details of the whole years' events for SLROC are usually posted in the events sections here http://www.slroc.co.uk/forum/index.php#1 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #51188 21st Feb 2011 5:48pm
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

I really want to drive the D3 (G4 Black) properly off-road so I will wait for the next green lane with views adventure!

Many thanks for invite though much appreciated Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #51190 21st Feb 2011 5:56pm
Tim in Scotland

Mine in the Glen Shira Quarry last weekend - it didn't get very dirty but I had great fun.

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #51509 23rd Feb 2011 10:53am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

good enough to get printed and hung on the wall tim.. Thumbs Up ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #51511 23rd Feb 2011 10:56am
Tim in Scotland

2012 calender?? Pity it's only 700kb res though, but the original uncropped pic is 13mb! 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #51514 23rd Feb 2011 11:00am
47p2

Scotland 

Sorry I missed this event Tim, looks like you had a great day. Like the picture of your FFRR Thumbs Up

Post #51886 25th Feb 2011 5:33pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1