Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > My Black Remapped 2004 TD6 Autobiography
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 18 <123 4 ... 161718>
Print this entire topic · 
green-oval-nut

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Stornoway Grey

The reason I need the roof rails is because I need to be able to use a roof box as well as carry a flat pack shed, fence panels, and other bits and pieces with the extensive garden work that we are doing and the travelling that we will be doing next year, both my partner and I are actually very tall at over 6ft although it will be my partner loading the roof lol. And I know some people will say, the car is big enough to not need a roof rack, but on the holidays we are going on I will also be needing to take my trailer as my dogs will have full use of the boot, luggage will go on the roof, wheelchair in the trailer and whatever else on the back seat.

Post #482902 8th Jul 2018 6:10pm
green-oval-nut

Just made an impulse buy, not sure if I want them afterall Rolling Eyes Laughing I have just bought a full set of lightguards with all the brackets included. Can't make my mind up yet as to whether I am going to fit them or not.

Post #482929 9th Jul 2018 12:33am
green-oval-nut

Friday turned into another unexpected bywau driving day lol. Visited my friend, had planned on just fish and chips at the beach, and ended up driving through a byway, also drove through a nature reserve before the byway (legally).

Click image to enlarge

Post #483518 15th Jul 2018 5:16pm
green-oval-nut

Well, this beaut has lifted £320 from me Shocked Laughing

I took the car to a garage recommended by a lady at ATS after they discovered 2 of my pipes had rubbed and leaked the air con gas, so 2 new pipes, anti bacterial clean and full regas at an independent garage with brand new genuine Land Rover pipes fitted, £320 total bill, and now have fully working air con. So good in fact that in the height of the heat, I retreated to the car and was sat in it watching TV through my phone with the air con on when it was 36 degrees outside Laughing A few passers by thought I was weird, But I just simply thought, well you are outside sweating and burning, I am in the car cool as a cucumber relaxing Laughing

Both fatties got treated to a snowfoam bath on Saturday. The blue in the picture wasn't rinshed properly on the roof, but I knew it was going to rain a lot on Sunday so wasn't too worried. They are both well and truly rinsed now Laughing

Post #484675 30th Jul 2018 1:05am
green-oval-nut

I have had 2 bad cases of OOH SHINY BARGAIN Laughing

Last week I bought an extremely rare but genuine Kahn front Grill for my L322. I haven't decided which L322 it's going on yet. But swaying more towards this one. Then after watching them for months, I bought some aftermarket wing vents for this Range Rover.

I am hoping to get a few tarting up jobs done this weekend and maybe a few mechanical jobs as well depending on the heat.

Click image to enlarge

Last edited by green-oval-nut on 5th Aug 2018 2:46am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #485085 3rd Aug 2018 4:27pm
Rosco

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Baltic Blue

I must admit Green Oval Nut, I do enjoy your updates, keep 'em coming Thumbs Up

Post #485086 3rd Aug 2018 4:32pm
Henny Egbe

Netherlands 2002 Range Rover HSE Td6 Oslo Blue

Let me know about the side vents. I bought some from powerfuluk, but sent them back because they dont fit. A lot of the vents out there are claimed to fit RR from 2002 ro 2010, but I think I have to disagree. There is a difference in the shape of the fenders...

Click image to enlarge

Post #485159 4th Aug 2018 10:05am
green-oval-nut

Very strange, I have a set of side vents I bought off of Ebay on my Blue V8 which were a perfect fit. Now worring about the vents I have ordered lol. But not from PowerfulUK, not a huge fan of the company for the price of the stuff it sells, but the video's have been very helpful Laughing

I managed to tick another job off the list yesterday which I think would have been an MOT issue. The front fog lights I thought were both broken, but as it turns out, the passenger one was smashed and the drivers one had discintegrated inside and the chrome plating was across the inside of the lens. Not sure if I can be bothered to try and refurb the one without a broken lens though.

And the hot starting problem is beginning to bug the hell out of me when I am in a rush.

Post #485196 5th Aug 2018 2:44am
green-oval-nut

The grill is fitted. I repaired the paint chips, but found that the Autobiography badge couldn't be taken off without serious grief. So it went on this Range Rover. It was too muggy to fit the side vents so I gave up for today. Will do it at the weekend.

Post #485414 7th Aug 2018 5:15pm
green-oval-nut

Decided the grill look Censored awful. So swapped the V8's one over with the Kahn one. Now I love the new looks.

Post #485421 7th Aug 2018 6:42pm
green-oval-nut

Spent a short period of time today changing the side vents. I have put the original ones in boxes so I can protect them and refit them if I ever need to. I love the new vents though. I managed to I think break a clip for the side lower wing trim though, so that is now on a to do list at a later date, but is on securely thanks to the mud flaps. I also went on a road trip to collect another set of wheels which were going to be fitted temporarily, but the tyres are perished on the wheels I bought today so can't fit them. So now deciding what to do, as the wheels I want to fit need some work. But the MOT is the priority. I have sold one set of wheels to a friend, just need to sell the wheels that are on the car. Today I also removed the brake light and spoiler unit it is in and temporarily fitted the old damaged one from my V8 as I am mounting the overfinch spoiler to it tomorrow. My biggest motivation for the sudden need to get stuff fitted though is my other half going mental at me for filling the lounge with car parts for the Range Rovers quicker than they are going out lol.

Post #485769 11th Aug 2018 9:53pm
John61

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 SC V8 Buckingham Blue

Enjoyed reading the story , I admire your determination, its all coming together very nicely Thumbs Up Holland and Holland Range Rover By Overfinch

Post #485785 12th Aug 2018 8:13am
green-oval-nut

Cheers John, I see you aren't a huge distance away from me. If you ever need your car scanning, you are welcome to pop up to mine.

Post #485834 12th Aug 2018 6:22pm
green-oval-nut

After fighting pain, and feeling zero motivation for most of the day, I forced myself to start a job that I knew I would actually enjoy doing, but had no energy to start Laughing Took some pain killers and then once they started to kick in, got the spoiler fitted. I failed to check that I had everything where I could find it first though Rolling Eyes Which lead to half an hour of hunting for my last tube of Tiger Seal which I needed asap at the stage I was at, as I had already applied the thread lock to the bolts to hold the spoiler in place. And I have to say, the genuine spoiler naturally sits better against the roof panel than the aftermarket one, but the holes for the brake light were a bit off one end. Got there in the end though. And I got a little over zealous with the Tiger Seal, so tomorrow, once it is dry, I need to trim some excess sealant off that has come out Laughing

Absolutely loved building it, would happily do it again, Glad it is done, now can't wait for the 24 hours to be over so I can fit it to the car.

Click image to enlarge

Post #485836 12th Aug 2018 6:30pm
green-oval-nut

I sorted the excess tiger seal, and now the spoiler is on the car. Very very happy with how it looks.

I plan on disguising the damage on the bumper at the weekend between events. But now need to concentrate all spare money on stuff I know it needs before it goes in for the MOT. Any more mods or upgrades will be done with things I already have for a couple of months.

Post #485990 13th Aug 2018 6:11pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 18 <123 4 ... 161718>