Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > My Black Remapped 2004 TD6 Autobiography
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 18 <123 ... 567 ... 161718>
Print this entire topic · 
green-oval-nut

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Stornoway Grey

No discount code, that is just their price.

Post #495126 9th Nov 2018 8:39pm
green-oval-nut

After a bit of a muck around with certain discs I ordered not being available until Feb 2019, I ended up with Britpart (reluctantly) drilled a grooved discs, with Brembo pads. Now fitted, but sods law says my drivers side caliper is partially seized. So went on the hunt for a new one, horrified at the cost of new ones and the insane surcharge, I settled on genuine caliper rebuild kits. Also discovered that on one of my journeys since the wheels were swapped over that a brake shield parted ways with the car. And I do remember hearing a clunk and my Mum saying, What just fell off the car? Very Happy Shocked Laughing

Got 1 journey to do tomorrow, then I can park the Range Rover up until the caliper kit arrives. I also bought another kit while I was at it for the other Range Rover, and ordered a thermostat ready. Next on the list to buy is the water pump and coolant.

Post #495691 15th Nov 2018 10:15pm
green-oval-nut

Just for the sake of it, I thought I would change the air filter as I had ordered one with some other parts. Couldn't have done it soon enough. The car starts better, runs better, sounds better. The old filter was well and truly clogged.

Click image to enlarge

Post #495956 19th Nov 2018 2:03am
green-oval-nut

Lesson learnt, won't procrastinate again Laughing

Just done what I should have in the first place. Listed all the parts I need and prices and marked off the parts I have bought for both Range Rovers. Was surprised that I managed to spend £261.46 alone on parts in just 2 weeks for this Range Rover Shocked Laughing
I am also proud at the same time though as I have not compromised on quality and shopped around to get the best prices.

For that money though I have bought:

Drilled & Grooved Discs, Brembo Pads, Air Filter, Fuel Filter, Genuine LR Caliper Seal Kit, Thermostat, Water Pump and Rear Wiper Arm.

Some parts already fitted, others I am building up as my mechanic offers a discount for bulk work, so going to put 2 boxes in front of him with 2 lists, and let him loose on both Range Rovers for 1 or 2 days to tackle the jobs. I am also investing in a floor standing press so that I can replace just bushes rather than entire arms, on all my cars as I also have a Ford, which are renown for eating bushes too.

And although I love winter and the snow, I really wish it was still summer right now so I could tackle some jobs myself.

Post #496220 21st Nov 2018 5:29pm
green-oval-nut

The brakes are now working properly, didn't even need the refurb kit, the caliper is now or at least for now free'd up. And labour was just £15. So very pleased for the minute.

So after getting back from the test drive, put a list of what parts I need together. Some have already been bought.

Drilled & Grooved Discs (£75) - Bought & Fitted
Brembo Pads (£41.99) - Bought & Fitted
Air Filter (£7) - Bought & Fitted
Fuel Filter (£12) - Bought
Genuine LR Caliper Seal Refurb Kit (£17.99) - Bought, Not Used
Thermostat (£29.99) Bought
Water Pump (£59.99) Bought
Dayco Alternator Belt (£9)
Front Wiper Blades (£21.59)
Rear Wiper Arm (£17.50) Bought Used, Not fitted yet.
Front Suspension Arm Bushes (Price Unknown Yet)
External Fuel Primer Pump (Price Unknown Yet).
Viscous Unit (£119.99)
Brake Shields (Looking for used ones, so price unknown yet).
OSF Brake Hose (£13.19)

And probably more that I haven't thought of yet. But the car is totally worth it to me.
The Thermostat and Water Pump are next to be done.

Post #496253 21st Nov 2018 11:11pm
ianpl322

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Java Black

cracking read,

Post #497144 30th Nov 2018 3:39pm
green-oval-nut

Been quiet for a bit lol. Our C-Max packed up so all money got thrown at that and I was in hospital recently having major surgery. Now on the mend and home though. Nearly got all the parts together for a spanner day. Going to be venturing out of the house for my first long journey since my operation tomorrow and feeling nervous, but taking Tank for a good run.

Post #498660 14th Dec 2018 11:14pm
green-oval-nut

Post #499625 25th Dec 2018 12:48am
green-oval-nut

Christmas day took the dogs down to the coast for a beach walk. Car behaved great.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Sadly today Tank broke down. Popped to Essex to get some trousers, and after it cranking over and over, innevitably the starters sheered its teeth or seized and now the car won't start. Called the AA as it has breakdown repair cover, 2 disabled people in the car, arrived within an hour to ASSESS the problem, then told me due to our disabilities we would be recovered within 2 hours. This didn't happen, and ended up that the AA admitted they couldn't recover me tonight so used the onward travel feature of my cover costing them £112.80 to get us back to mine. So tomorrow, I have to get back up to Essex to meet the recovery driver to get the car recovered to the garage it is booked in with. Gutted. But still thoroughly love the car. Now need to get the V8's binding brake sorted ASAP to use that more. Won't get Tank back until early January now.

Post #499814 27th Dec 2018 7:32pm
green-oval-nut

Tank is at least now back in the same town as me Laughing The garage confirmed that there was no teeth left on the starter motor Laughing so to start with, it will have a new starter motor fitted, then they are investigating the hot start problem. Thank goodness for the AA breakdown repair warranty, shame it took them 22 hours to recover my car!

I definitely won't get it back until the new year, but at least I have got my V8 to run around in. And for now the C-Max for any London runs that are needed.

Glad it happened before the warranty expired which is on the 2nd of January Laughing Makes a change that something would go wrong just before it expires Laughing

Post #499885 28th Dec 2018 3:45pm
green-oval-nut

Absolutely fuming with the AA. What a bunch of crooks. They tell you to detail the problem when you break down and insist that you be recovered for the BRC, so I do. Struggling to start, caused the starter motor to pack up, BUT because the 1st responder only put down that the starter motor was at fault, They are only willing to replace the starter motor under the breakdown repair cover, however are threatening to refuse to payout any future claims on this one because there are a couple of pixels missing from the clocks!

Now looking at alternative breakdown companies with breakdown repair cover.

The AA have done nothing but take the Censored over the last 12 months. 1st time I called them, it took them 12 hours just to get to my car, despite me being a disabled, priority customer who was stranded on the side of the M25 in a Shogun in January 2018, and ended up being looked after by a member of the Mitsubishi Owners Club.

This one took them over 20 hours to recover, and only because I insisted, did they finally give in and let me use my onwards travel cover to get a taxi home.

Very bitter taste left in my mouth indeed.

Big Yellow Taxi my Censored

Post #501022 9th Jan 2019 5:34pm
green-oval-nut

Really not happy with the lack of choice of breakdown repair cover on the market. I am STUCK with the AA. Better than nothing. But certainly preparing my cars better for future breakdowns including blankets, food, some way of heating us up in case the engine can't run. Really not happy though. This spring and summer is going to be packed with lots of preventative work so that I hopefully don't have to deal with the big yellow Censored unless I really really really am desperate. Hell I will even consider getting recovery quotes at the time if needed. Another 2 weeks and it will be insurance quote time for the V8. That's going to be a ball ache.

Post #501031 9th Jan 2019 6:32pm
green-oval-nut

Tank is finally home, I am £325 lighter lol luckily I get to claim £260 of that back from the AA. New starter motor seems to have fixed a lot of issues, hot start issue now seems to have gone, drives better. Glad to have it home.

Post #501227 11th Jan 2019 3:58pm
green-oval-nut

Finally got around to ordering the breather filter mod from Island 4x4. Bought the Febi version which was just £19.99+VAT and also ordered a pollen filter which I overlooked when the aircon system was repaired and serviced last summer which was only £7.50+VAT.

Only ordered these as I had to buy rocker gaskets for my V8 (Oscar) which are leaking badly and to get free delivery I had to spend over £50 Laughing

Post #501793 16th Jan 2019 1:11pm
green-oval-nut

Very odd, My mechanic rebuilt my caliper for me as I was unable to finish the job, so now have a fully refurbished caliper, but the caliper on my car was not seizing again as I thought it was. I think I may be just a bit over sensitive after the breakdown in December Shocked Laughing

So I have a fully refurbished caliper spare.

The starter motor was definitely the hot start fault too. Took the car back to Essex and back and now covered over 150 miles since getting it back, and it never struggles to start anymore.

However it was discovered that the brake pipe (flexipipe) was pretty much rounded off at both ends, so a new brake pipe on the car itself is going to be needed at some point. (In the summer Laughing ) and the refurbished caliper and new flexi pipe I already have can be fitted at the same time. But now is the time of year that the V8 has to have attention as the MOT is less than 2 months and a couple of jobs need to be done. So now the TD6 is behaving for the minute, the V8 will get more attention.

Post #502258 20th Jan 2019 10:18pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 18 <123 ... 567 ... 161718>