Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > TD6 in tank Fuel pump
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
wayneg

Australia 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Java Black
TD6 in tank Fuel pump

I replaced my in-tank fuel pump today and thought I was prepared having watched 2 youtube vids and asking here. Maybe my sender/pump unit is different to others as the hose connecting to the actual pump is one of the hard shrunk on plastic tubes which can only be cut off and therefore not reusable. I had to make a trip out an get some fuel hose to get the car back on the road, however, I am not convinced it will last. There is a special in tank hose, R10 spec. Its like hens teeth to buy. I know from using normal EFI fuel hose on another car that it did not take long before the hose goes soft and gooey. That was in petrol, maybe Diesel is not so damaging. Does anyone know? Not so clear even after asking about the connection going from the sender to the opposite side of the tank syphon and sender. There is only one plug that carries fuel and electrical connections. Unlike every other person who has written on this job, I tied a piece of fishing wire to this connection plug before disconnecting and dropping it into the tank. On refitting, I just lifted the line up and with long nose pliers easily reconnected the plug back to the main sender pump unit having no need to remove the left side tank cover and reach across. The external hose connections to the sender had me stumped. In the end I broke the orange ring covering the tabs away to be able to press in the 4 retaining tabs and pull off. Thankfully on refitting they hold and seal perfectly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMWxPwgeLBQ 2007 TDV8 VSE
2003 TD6 gone.
2002 P38a gone
1999 P38a gone
1997 p38a gone
1993 VSE gone
1992 VSE gone
1966 Series 2a with V8 conversion gone

Post #478206 13th May 2018 7:52am
Grofus

Ireland 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zermatt Silver

Diesel is an oil so the hose will probably harden over time. Should be fine 2007 Vogue TDV8 in Zermatt Silver with Charcoal

Post #478245 13th May 2018 11:07am
wayneg

Australia 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Java Black

I do hope so, I have put a small piece in a jar of diesel and will see if it has changed in a month or so. I am thinking old school reinforced pvc fuel hose might be a good option if needed, it seems PVC jn diesel doesn't degrade rapidly if no heat is involved. This is what petrol does to external fuel hose when submerged.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZPwLaSCHTI 2007 TDV8 VSE
2003 TD6 gone.
2002 P38a gone
1999 P38a gone
1997 p38a gone
1993 VSE gone
1992 VSE gone
1966 Series 2a with V8 conversion gone

Post #478246 13th May 2018 11:14am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1