Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Price check
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Gaz191062

United Kingdom 
Price check

Hi All, joined here to assit in my search for a FF, and been at it for months now, not got a massive budget to spend but looking to try and get a real nice one, looking for some advice here as I have noticed a 4.4 TDV8 Vogue SE on a 60 plate at the main dealer in Edinburgh, mileage is incredibly low from what I have been looking at recently and just under 25,000 priced at £25k with the usual 2 year warranty etc, wonder what you guys think of this price as I have so far steered away from the main Land Rover dealers but came across this one yesterday.

if this price is aboput the norm, I reckon with a trade in on my A4 Quattro this would be in my budget, do you guys reckon this is a good price ?

Post #479670 30th May 2018 8:16am
counter of beans

England 2012 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

Hello Gaz and welcome along. I've had a quick look online at that car and it looks like a genuine example, with, as you say, very low miles. I presume it comes with the "proper" 2 year Approved Used LR warranty? You'd pay £140 per month (ish) to extend it so you're looking at £3k worth of warranty right there. Personally I'd be asking the following:
proof of service history i.e. receipts
tyres and brakes - what condition? They might for due for replacement soon at 25k miles
any rust on the rear tailgate or in the rear wheel arches?
how many owners, and any chance of a chat with the last one?
does it smoke when you rev it past 2500 rpm (if so it'll need a costly engine mod - the "turbo drain mod", should be done under approved used warranty I expect)

Have a look at pld118's exhaustive purchase guide for other tips.

To actually answer your question (!) I'd say the price is at the high end but it does appear to be a nice car. Just for comparison, I have a late 2011 TDV8 Vogue with 54k on the clock in absolutely mint condition, genuinely tip-top. Probably worth £21k but that's a private sale, more miles, not an SE.

Just my musings, hope it helps, enjoy the search (it's half the fun!).

Post #479676 30th May 2018 10:19am
Gaz191062

United Kingdom 

Cheers Counter of beans, thanks for your good advice there, much appreciated, yes its been a long few months trying to get a good one, most I have seen have had the rust on the wheel arches which has put me off a bit, only one had a bad tailgate but have picked up the bad points to look for so all a big learning curve, just wanting to get that odd one thats out there in top condition. Have contacted the garage and they are setting me up a test drive on Saturday, then I will be able to get a good long look over the points you mentioned and in particualr the arches and tailgate, just done an mot history check on the car and it has had a few advisories that have carried on throughout a few MOT's so tell tale sign of being run on a tight budget, nothing too serious but both rear sub frame bushes worn but not excessive play , light misting of oil on rear dampers ? and oil leak from engine, slight corrosion on brake pipe ferrules and a tracking issue, so without a doubt I would be demanding this is all put correct before even beginning to negotiate the price.
will go ahead with the test drive on Saturday and see how things go, desperate to get my hands on one but not wanting to buy a dud and ruin the initial experience of a car I have wanted for years and the time is now right to get one.

will update you on the test run and close inspection of the car
cheers

Post #479677 30th May 2018 11:13am
Red Merle

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

Dealers must hate the fact that switched on people can check the MoT history and advisories online Laughing

Post #479678 30th May 2018 11:18am
Gaz191062

United Kingdom 

Yes, I have not even discussed this with them yet so will keep it up my sleeve lol

Post #479679 30th May 2018 11:30am
GGDR

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

light misting of oil on rear dampers - pretty common on the adaptive dampers
oil leak from engine - also very common on the 4.4TDV8

Also recommended to run the reg on Cazana.co.uk - will give you a value figure and owner history.

Good luck!
. Cheers, Greg
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2011 Vogue SE 4.4 with lots of toys in Stornaway

Post #479680 30th May 2018 12:49pm
Baltic Blue

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Baltic Blue

Check carefully the type of warranty given, even though it is main dealer supplied.
The 2 year LANd Rover Approved Warranty is only available on vehicles under 5years old as far as I am aware.
You will struggle to find another with such low mileage though and if the MD is offering to match the Approved Warranty, then I would snatch his hand off because they are brilliant cars.
Mike. G reg 2.5VM Vogue Portofino red 1991- 1999
V reg 2.5td P38 Rioja red 1999- 2006
53 reg td6 Vogue Oslo blue 2006- 2015
11 reg 4.4 TdV8 Vogue SE. Baltic blue 2015- date.
https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic56162...tty+affair

Post #479685 30th May 2018 1:57pm
Gaz191062

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the updates and info guys, regarding the oil leak being common is it an easy fix or big strip down required ?
can live with misting on the dampers but will be pushing for all advisories to be done, down to the mileage being so low, if all is good when I see the car and test drive goes well I am erring towards pushing the button on this one as I have so far spent months scouring around the adverts and garages and nothing with this mileage is out there

Post #479687 30th May 2018 2:15pm
Gaz191062

United Kingdom 

Just had a look in the Wiki regarding the oil leak problem, if it is the two o rings then no big deal I imagine and will be a quick fix for the dealer.
I got the impression looking at the MOT history that the previous owner may have run her on a tight budget leaving advisories until they gave up the ghost or failed the next MOT, fortunatly with such a low mileage this lack of care and attention will probably have done no lasting damage and I can get her all spruced up nice and keep it that way

Post #479688 30th May 2018 2:20pm
GGDR

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Gaz sometimes - my theory mind - typical problems like the oil cooler housing or the alternator come up in the 70-90k miles range. My theory is that they are sorted by that milage. Check over the service history and see what's been done to date. If you can't see the invoices, ring the servicing dealer (from the stamps) and they'll prob. tell you over the phone what's been done. The brake lines should have been done on a TSB (tech service bulletin), possibly other items too.

. Cheers, Greg
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2011 Vogue SE 4.4 with lots of toys in Stornaway

Post #479700 30th May 2018 4:12pm
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

I’m not convinced that advisories on an MOT is necessarily a sign of a “tight budget” regime.

Any car (especially a car from God’s own country) will have surface rust on underneath components and it’s not financially prudent to replace them on the basis of an inspectors “observation”.

Clearly if there are other more indicative reasons to suspect a general lack of routine maintenance, that’s an entirely different things all together. Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue
Had- 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE in Java black
Had - 2007 S/C in Stornoway Grey

Post #479736 30th May 2018 9:42pm
mpirie

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

It is on the high side, price-wise, but then someone has to pay for the warranty, and it''s not going to be the dealer! Mr. Green

There are a couple more around the Edinburgh/Glasgow areas, but their mileage is higher.

Check that the remote for the RSE is there as well.

Mike

Post #479754 31st May 2018 9:34am
Gaz191062

United Kingdom 

Hi, yes price is up at the top for the year, its the mileage that has drawn me to it on this occasion and if all okay when I see it and test drive on Saturday I will see if I can get a nudge on the price if I offer to take it.
Not really put off with the higher mileage to be honest if they have been serviced and looked after I dont see an issue, spent a few months now touring the garages looking at a few but a lot had pretty bad rear arch corrosion which I know based on my budget will be hard to find one that has no rusty arches but just trying to get the best possible for my cash

Post #479760 31st May 2018 10:46am
counter of beans

England 2012 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

Gaz, have you thought of posting a "wanted" ad on this site? I bought my car from a member on here and it was obvious he'd looked after it properly (cheers Ryan!). Just a thought.

Post #479813 31st May 2018 6:06pm
Gaz191062

United Kingdom 

Hi Ryan, honestly never even though about that, spent all my time trawling garages and web sites as well, will pop an ad on and you never know, would be great to find something near by but saying that well prepared to travel for a good one

Post #479851 1st Jun 2018 7:48am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>